Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JDM 5S-FE?????
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
customwheelz
Is there a such thing as a JDM 5S-FE out of a Celica? Someone is trying to sell me one, but Ive never seen anything about one, only Camrys. Any help would be great. Thanks
darksecret
In a 6th Gen, no.
Defgeph
a JDM 5sfe would be known as the 3sge. Not the same engine, but close.
Galcobar
No, a JDM 5SFE is a 5SFE -- a 3SGE is a rather different engine using the same block, but with a different head, cam design, displacement, etc. I wouldn't call 200cc of displacement and 25-65 horsepower "close."

BTW, if you're looking for a close cousin, try the 3SFE -- but even that is still wrong.

The 5SFE was not used in JDM Celicas. However, it was used in other Toyota models in Japan. I believe the MR2 was one of them.
fastgt
i thought the 5sfe was a u.s. engine only
Defgeph
Easy Killer,
It was close enough for me, thanks though.
ArizonaRed
what about a 99 st? illoynt has one? wtf?
macavely
QUOTE(ArizonaRed @ Jun 9, 2005 - 2:19 AM)
[right][snapback]296731[/snapback][/right]

in 99 only GT were mad... and anyone trying to sell u a 5s-fe jdm engine slap them and say mac told me to do this.... for the celie the 5s-fe would be the 3s-fe .. where u can also get overe here in the 1st gen Rav4's..
Illyont
QUOTE(macavely @ Jun 9, 2005 - 2:56 AM)
QUOTE(ArizonaRed @ Jun 9, 2005 - 2:19 AM)
[right][snapback]296731[/snapback][/right]

in 99 only GT were mad... and anyone trying to sell u a 5s-fe jdm engine slap them and say mac told me to do this.... for the celie the 5s-fe would be the 3s-fe .. where u can also get overe here in the 1st gen Rav4's..
[right][snapback]296734[/snapback][/right]

Wrong.. I do have a 99 ST with a 116 bhp 1.8 liter 7A-FE. Just because they stopped making the ST in USA doesn't mean they didn't make them (or rather sell them) elsewhere. In Europe they made and sold the ST up and until the 7th gen came in late September 1999..

To answer the thread. JDM 5S-FE just doesn't sound right though. The 5S-FE is a 2.2 liter engine, and the JDM engine is a 2.0 liter.

(someone was trying to sell a 130~ Euro GT some time ago and the info they gave were all messed up. Saying the car had a 2.0 liter engine and 130 bhp and it was a 99'. The only GT 99' Celica with a 2.0 liter engine I know of is the JDM with 3S-GE (197 bhp, since we are talking about a 99' here). The seller couldn't explain it though and just hung up the phone.. Scammer of course.)
Galcobar
Clarify: JDM Celicas never got a 5SFE engine. The 5SFE engine was used in JDM cars, just not the Celica.
CelicaZR
QUOTE(fastgt @ Jun 8, 2005 - 8:17 PM)
[right][snapback]296584[/snapback][/right]

We also have them here in Australia biggrin.gif
customwheelz
Cool, everybody, thanks for your help.
darksecret
QUOTE(CelicaZR @ Jun 9, 2005 - 9:28 AM)
QUOTE(fastgt @ Jun 8, 2005 - 8:17 PM)
[right][snapback]296584[/snapback][/right]

We also have them here in Australia biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]296787[/snapback][/right]

They're pretty rare aren't they.
946thGenGT
QUOTE(Illyont @ Jun 9, 2005 - 2:04 AM)
(someone was trying to sell a 130~ Euro GT some time ago and the info they gave were all messed up. Saying the car had a 2.0 liter engine and 130 bhp and it was a 99'. The only GT 99' Celica with a 2.0 liter engine I know of is the JDM with 3S-GE (197 bhp, since we are talking about a 99' here). The seller couldn't explain it though and just hung up the phone.. Scammer of course.)
[right][snapback]296735[/snapback][/right]

What about the 3SFE? It's a 2.0 and I thought it made around 130hp. Not in the GT model of course, but the rest of the description fits.
Mr_E
QUOTE(946thGenGT @ Jun 9, 2005 - 7:04 PM)

What about the 3SFE?  It's a 2.0 and I thought it made around 130hp.  Not in the GT model of course, but the rest of the description fits.
[right][snapback]297053[/snapback][/right]

As seen in the JDM SS-I
Kwanza26
JDM versions only had 3SGE or 3SFE... not sure about a 7AFE version though...
Illyont
QUOTE(946thGenGT @ Jun 9, 2005 - 7:04 PM)
QUOTE(Illyont @ Jun 9, 2005 - 2:04 AM)
[right][snapback]296735[/snapback][/right]

What about the 3SFE? It's a 2.0 and I thought it made around 130hp. Not in the GT model of course, but the rest of the description fits.
[right][snapback]297053[/snapback][/right]

This was a GT car with badging and all stock. Did they make the Celica GT with 3S-FE engine in 99? I'm asking because I don't know, because this could be a solution to the apparently BS info the seller was throwing out.

(What years did they make the JDM SS-I then?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.