Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch squeak
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
94CelicaRedHatch
Everytime I release the clutch it makes a little squeak and i dunno what it is? It feels fine when Im shifting and what not but the squeak is kind of annoying. Any ideas what it could be? Car has bout 177K miles on it and to my knowledge still on the original clutch so...
Bigmeanbulldog55
It's the pedal, not the clutch itself. Just spray some wd40 or something on it if it bothers you. Mine does this, but not bad. Just lets me know it's working.
red94celicagt
yup same here mine squeaks when I push it in or out but I can only hear it when the car isn't moving. Where exactly do I spray the WD40? right where the clutch enters (firewall) or what? thanks
MonsterBOX
yea same here except i dont think its peddle cuz i hear it outside the car ALOT louder than inside the car, yet after bout 10 mins it goes away
K-ESD
do NOT spray WD40, it can eat up some rubber seals. Use 3in1 oil instead.
94CelicaRedHatch
k ill try the oil, thanks guys ill let u know if that works!
djr97
it seems to be a common problem - i got the same noise frown.gif and it comes from the rod in the engine bay, pushing the clutch lever when you kick the pedal. that's the point to use oil!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.