Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how many FE's run or have tried Nitrous
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
carlosfandango
I'd like your opinions regarding nitrous on the 7afe or 3sfe generation 6 celica.

good and bad.

many thanks

Karl
Hanyo
generally, the use of nitrious is frowned apon.

so most of the opinion about nitrious would be negative.
But there are a few members here who have used nitros and had decent results.

So far what I have read, is the maximum about of nitrious used on the 7afe is 50 shot. Any more and you risk blowing up the motor.

I would definely recomend using the search function of this board. My information is off the top of my head, so I can be wrong.
Cutrara
I think JokerKid613 has a 75 shot on his ST.
nik
25 to 50 shot but turbo is better IMO
slipgun
but hes the onlyone running it... im not sure how much I would trust a 75 shot on a stock engine.
playr158
put it this way 75 shot doesn't last very long on a stock motor
94ST2
Yeah I think for the 7afe 75 shot would be your max and I think it would be neccessary to add the shot slowly not just instant 75 start at 25 and build up to 75 shot for the final gears.
SlowCelica94
follow the 50% rule with nitrous. Never spray more then half ur hp.

And 75 is a lot for a 5s, but about the same as running 7-8 psi. Sorta. It's different, but that's just a general thing to think about.
lagos
one thing to remember....is that all these 50shot or 50% rules come from domestic v8 guys. they dont always apply to us. if nutrous was safe on a import 4 banger, ever civic ricer would sport it.
SlowCelica94
no. everyone ricer doesnt try it cuz it's not as easy as it looks. You act like nitrous is a bomb ur putting in ur car.

Lagos, no offense, but u come off like ur better then nitrous users cuz u have a swap.
lagos
QUOTE(SlowCelica94 @ Jun 21, 2005 - 10:59 PM)
no. everyone ricer doesnt try it cuz it's not as easy as it looks. You act like nitrous is a bomb ur putting in ur car.

Lagos, no offense, but u come off like ur better then nitrous users cuz u have a swap.
[right][snapback]302745[/snapback][/right]

your right, i think people think that..... but, as you can tell, i didnt mention anything about my car, the 3s swap or anything. so that impression is just somethng u think when you read text i type, not something that i do or say.

i have never seen a celica user have a realiable nitrous setup. in my opinion its kind of a ghetto way to make power and is a recepie for a blown motor. there is really very little research or tuning done by people who install these kits on their car. everyone just works off the "50 shot is safe" theory, that basically originated with domestic v8 guys.
even with a wet kit,there is a big chance one of your cylinders will go lean and ive yet to see anyone have a direct port setup.

i would be scared to do it on my car because of how hard it is to monitor and tune properly
Kwanza26
I've seen many many many imports with realtively safe nitrious set-ups. It's all about fueling really... and not being a total dipsh!t... If you're a dipsh!t... chances are you're gonna run lean and melt a piston or two. If not... it's a pretty good way of decreasing your 1/4 mile time.

At the same time I say this...
user posted image
B16A with a 100 shot...
user posted image
4AG with a 75 shot... and a hammer...
Mr_E
QUOTE(carlosfandango @ Jun 17, 2005 - 1:43 AM)
I'd like your opinions regarding nitrous on the 7afe or 3sfe generation 6 celica.

good and bad.

many thanks

Karl
[right][snapback]300352[/snapback][/right]

Karl - You know what happened to Sarahs car........
SlowCelica94
Haha, hammer. You guys must get bored round the shop.

Have I seen any nice nitrous setups? I haven't seen any. but I'm not on celica tech much. Look, if I blow up, great. If I don't, cool. Let me worry about it.
JoKeRkId613
Wow, I can't believe I missed this post! I have a 75 shot of nitrous. The setup is a mix of ZEX and NOS. Actually, I have the 50, 75, and 100 shot jets. I run the 50 most of the time. I want to say that the only time I've used the nitrous has been in a race for money. With my friends, we usually race for 50 or 100 dollars. Mostly, for the 100 dollar races, I use the 75. The main reason for the nitrous was really just to purge, but I said "hey, whatever, you only live once, plus, you're getting the GZE soon anyway!". But the nitrous does kick real hard and it almost feels like there's a whole new different engine in your car because you will NEVER see a 7A run how it does with nitrous. Pretty fast. Of course, unless it's turbo and whatnot. I think nitrous can be very safe if you use it right. I've learned a lot about nitrous from a friend of mine that runs a 150 shot on a 97 Sonoma. It's the little red truck, that thing is popular around here. Lol. A 6spd V6 and it's killed WRX by a lot! And a bunch of other cars at the races here. I don't know if he's running it safely, but he's trying to blow his up too, he's getting a V8 carborated engine. A lot of people I know that use nitrous is to blow their engines because they already have the money for the new one and are willing to swap it as soon as the current engine dies. Like me. My point is that if I were planning on keeping the 7A, I wouldn't think about using nitrous. And if I must, then the 50 is good enough. Racing with the nitro has saved up money for me that I would never get out of selling the 7A. So that's why I chose to bet at the races than sell the motor. biggrin.gif

EDIT: With a 50 shot, as long as you have 93 octane or higher gas and good heat resistant spark plugs, you should be okay... for a longer while. lol.
Nigel
I know theres wet and dry, think dry is instant and wet gradual, what did you do in the end????
I can send you a how to:: pm me
CheesyLobster
Like kwanza said, you need to manage your fuel if you want to do it right. lean=boomboom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.