Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: esgte in auto or just turbo 5sfe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
batibot
this is in regard about the other topic in this forum ...I have a 94 gt auto tranny but in my low not trustful knowledge there is no 3sgte automatic at all so is it alot better judgement just to get a turbo(burien)? confused.gif
HyperDeathKill
Apparently someone said that there is a 3s-gte auto, but it hard to find and it is new (expensive). I'm looking for one right now, to see if it might be cheeper than doing a 3s-gte auto to manual swap. I'll post when I find whatever I find.

Oh, but apparently the 3s-gt comes in Auto (correct me if I am wrong please), that could net you a good 190 HP. But I've only found one for $1500. To ship and install, it might be cheeper to get a turbo.

BTW, does anyone know what types of gains the burien turbo will get you?
97sccelica
you forgot to ad that the new auto tranny that is attached to the 4th gen 3sgte is AWD, so that wont work for a fwd swap

now the 3sge did come in auto, but just the engine is hard to find, let alone a clip with an auto tranny, but going that route will work, and yes, 190hp is a lot better than the ~135 a celica GT and 105-115 an ST has
Matthew
ummm ya

the engine has nothing to do with the tranny

the tranny decides whether the car is fwd or awd or rwd. not really decides but more like determines.

do the auto to manual swap

if you need a tranny

go to www.taprecycling.com

or go to celica.net and find someone that got rid of their tranny

oh and the turbo kit from burien should put you at about 190 or so at the wheels if you are lucky and push the boost. i would be careful

but that is 2500 and nowadays you can get a st185 clip for 1500
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.