Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few goodies for the celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
gt_driFFter
Just a couple little things here and there for the celica.

Painted interior trim silver. Prepped with liquid sandpaper, used 4 coats of paint, and 3 coats of clear coat.
user posted image

Custom CAI (thanks to urbandork's how-to). Routed to fender, required some cutting becuase they sent me the 3" pipes which were a little too big. This thing completely changes the sound of the car. It's friggin mean! (yes I know my engine bay is filthy, so please don't tell me to clean it)
user posted image

TRD decal for hatch window
user posted image

Alpine CDA-9853 Glide-Touch head unit.
user posted image

Next up will be some 18" Exels.

-Josh
shin
nice. very clean..exterior wise lol... well my engine bay ain't any cleaner than yours man so can't comment on yours lol. nice job on the CAI. looks good. i like the TRD decal too..
OOBE
Looks good but for me, decals are pointless, especially in a slow car. smile.gif
dustin15brown
i like the painted inserts and cai
Cutrara
I'm glad you did the inserts right, with the prep/paint/clear coat. It scratches off fast if you don't do it right. Nice job, looks great!
dustin15brown
How do you do it "right" cuz I'll be doing the same thing
Cutrara
Sand, Paint at least three coats and use clear coat. I don't have my interior painted but I did it for a friend about 18 months ago and it still looks great.
dustin15brown
How much sanding do you need to do?
Cutrara
Enough so the paint will stick, try like a 300 grit.
dustin15brown
Thanks man
Cutrara
No problem, Good luck! smile.gif
Insanity-74
Nice job man....inspired me to get of my lazy butt & paint the interior bits of my car, been meaning to do it for ages, looks good, now I know its the right direction to take.
Drunken_Style
nice job it looks good
forkee
looks good! =D
gt_driFFter
Thanks for the compliments smile.gif . As far as the decal/slow-car comment, the rear just looked bland and I think that it looks nice. Plus, it's not gonna be a slow car for too long wink.gif . I'll get a night pic of the alpine, it looks soo nice.

-Josh
SlowCelica94
Don't buy exels. I hate mine. Get some 5zigens, their reasonably priced and quality
popstar
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Jun 17, 2005 - 4:41 PM)
Nice job man....inspired me to get of my lazy butt & paint the interior bits of my car, been meaning to do it for ages, looks good, now I know its the right direction to take.
[right][snapback]300682[/snapback][/right]

ok mate, so we need to brighten up the inside of the standard car !

you where going to colour code it to the car colour ? you've got a '4' there mate so you need subtle not in your face IMO, just my two cents worth...

gt driffter.......

i like what you've done to your car, it look nicely done, good quality work, just a bit too bright IMO for our cars but it looks good all the same smile.gif keep going fella..
celicaracer18
QUOTE(OOBE @ Jun 17, 2005 - 8:55 PM)
Looks good but for me, decals are pointless, especially in a slow car. smile.gif
[right][snapback]300622[/snapback][/right]

dude pay attention, I know you have a ST and it is slow, but it says he has GT4, these are not slow in case you didn't know
dahoman9
QUOTE(celicaracer18 @ Jun 20, 2005 - 12:12 PM)
QUOTE(OOBE @ Jun 17, 2005 - 8:55 PM)
[right][snapback]300622[/snapback][/right]

dude pay attention, I know you have a ST and it is slow, but it says he has GT4, these are not slow in case you didn't know
[right][snapback]301689[/snapback][/right]

just so you know, no it doesn't...it's just a GT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.