Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turboing the 5s and need ur insight!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
pimped6gen
ok guys i am officaly turboing the 5s and need some help or pointers....here is the list of the parts i will be purchasing....if anythings missing or could be upraded please let me know!
I will be posting pics throughout the whole install and teardown of the 5s...any help is appreciated

(do i need a flywheel) or will that hurt me?
3S-GTE Exhaust Manifold
3S-GTE CT-26 Turbocharger
3S-GTE Downpipe
3S-GTE Oil Pan and Oil Drain Lines
3S-GTE 2 Bar MAP Sensor
Custom Coolant Lines
Custom Oil Feed Line and Custom "T" Fitting
MKIII Supra N/A 7M-GE Fuel Injectors
Spark Plugs such as Denso IK22 or NGK BKR7EVX-11
Lotek gauge pillar
Boost Gauge
A/F ratio gauge
Oil temp guage
MSD BTM
Clutchmaters stage 3 Clutch
Bar and plate Intercooler (what size)
Greddy profec II Boost Controller
Greddy Turbo timer
'98+ Camry Metal Head Gasket
Camry V6 Tranny(S53]
Cooler thermostat
Greddy E-Manage
ARP head bolts
LSD(TRD, Kaaz, Cusco or Quaife)

is there anything i am missing or anything that could be upgraded?
I think someone said TRD makes metal head gaskets for Celicas now or something, and why do you need nitrous to turbocharge a 5SFE, or did I miss something?
pimped6gen
should i do trd or camry head gasket then...and where do i find the trd?....im just gonna get the nitrous kit and put it in when i do the turbo....srry bought the confusion.
pimped6gen
woops....how do i delete this...
SlowCelica94
Don't get nitrous in addition to the turby. The internals are too weak for both. Unless it's real low boost and a real small shot. But that would be rediculous
pimped6gen
thank u...yes i did read into it more and realized that it would just be dumb to get nitrous...
presure2
search for my post here in the engine forum about my 5sfte project. it pretty much covers everything u need, up till the install, havent added pics of that yet, but the results are promising, 195whp 217ftlbs @ 8lbs just being held back by injectors. wink.gif
erics1one
the flywheel won't give you any extra hp, but it will help get the power to the wheels. It'll get you up to high rpms quicker. If you have the money, I'd get one.
Valo666
Camry V6 Tranny(S53]...is that auto or does it come standard 2??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.