Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Hey nice car!"
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Cutrara
So I drove my dad to the hardware store and I'm sitting there in my Celi in the parking lot, I got the tunes going and this girl walks by and says something I mute my music and say "WHAT!" and she's like "This your car? It's pretty sweet!" She was pretty good looking but then I saw she had messed up teeth so I just said "Yeah, just got it." and un-muted my music.
tomazws
and i thought u were gonna ditch ur dad for the females rolleyes.gif
kristinw85
Friday night I had a guy ask me to marry him because he a celi too but it was factory with neons... I guess thats a compliment
C3L1CA
I get some nice comments here and there, I had a little girl say my car looked like a bat because of the doors. The best comment was when I pulled up to wash my car one day and a little kid said mommy I want my car to look like that someday, and the mom just said save your money biggrin.gif
dustin15brown
It's the little compliments that makes my day... Especially little kids. My best friends mom babysits so once a week I take a kid out and drive around the block when their parents get there. They think it's amazing and the parents get a kick outta it. One time I let the dad drive the car around the block and stuff with his kid.... I got to drive his corvette that just wasn't cool enough for his kid.... lol
celicagurl152003
The best comment of all time that I had was from a old hot rodder. He was at one of the shows I was at and he had an old Model "A". He was like "for an import this is very impressive, I wouldn't be surprised if you took home first today," coming from someone like that really made my day. I also love it when like all of you said, the kids come up and are like "mommy/daddy I want one of those," and they look at your car with those dream filled eyes. It's so cute. Mostly though i get alot of comments from guys with other fixed up cars.....they have a tendancy to be impressed that a girl owns a really nice car and does the work to it as well.LOL...most can't figure out what my car is....so far i've been complimented on an eclipse, talon, and a few have actually figured out that it is a Celica. But either way they all say "real nice car or your car's hot." biggrin.gif
94CelicaRedHatch
some guy in a newer maxima asked me if i had a turbo once lol
amysmojo
This one guy said to me "Niiiiiice Supra!" I said "thanks! its a celica....wish it was a supra though!" lol

Then another guy said "thats my favorite celica generation!" I said "haha mine toO!"

Then a guy followed me into the MALL once to ask what year my celica was. He had a look on his face like he had never seen that generation before lol....kinda creepy being followed though

OH YA almost forgot...one guy said "how fast is ur car?? cause it looks damn fast!" I was like ummm yeah its really fast! haha (downhill) jk lol
popstar
i just like it when i'm parked out the front of some of the malls over here and see this rich ol bas^&^d walking past my car with a glamor queen on one arm and gold dripping of the other, on his way to some $100/200k european motor.

there always look at my car, and nod there approval of a smart car, i even had the driver of some rich guys limo ask me at trraffic lights, if his boss could get a LHD one and what can did i have !!!!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
ghostdog
thats awesome.

QUOTE(popstar @ Jun 20, 2005 - 12:45 AM)
there always look at my car, and nod there approval of a smart car, i even had the driver of some rich guys limo ask me at trraffic lights, if his boss could get a LHD one and what can did i have !!!!!!
[right][snapback]301559[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure this one kid spooged his pants as I passed him on the interstate. he looked back at the car 4 or 5 times with this weird look on his face .. lol
CelicaHalo
I once had a hot cheerleader tell me my cel was one of the cutest cars ever, i then corrected her and told her its also very aggressive then we started talking and she asked me how big the back seat was .....i told her "big enough" ....but when its a hatch you really can't trick them we did some stuff then i never saw her again
forkee
yea the lil kids are always the easiest to impress. then the teens. i went to pic up my sister from high school one time and these kids were taking pics of the car with their cell phones. i was kinda freaked out, hahah. one night i was on the freeway and this car circled ALL the way around mine, that definately freaked me out. tongue.gif
Blakout16
^ i'd do the same thing - ur car is hott mmm turbo ^_^
ImportChick95
I was at the gas station and some kid told me that he liked my neon. I was like Oh HELLLLL NO. That was the ultimate insult.

There was this other time when I came out of Burger King and some guy told me that he liked my body kit and my muffler/exhaust. I was like "huh?!?" That was hillarius because my car is completely stock.

creis
I was getting out of my car at the store once when a kid walked by and said "Nice lights on your honda" (I did not take it as a compliment, but i guess it was)

at the all toyata meet last year when we meet at circut city a guy with a 89 (ish) supra turbo asked me how much boost I was running. I though we as talking about bass boost because I did not think he was that dumb thinking my intake box was an intercooler. so I said 1200, he looked at me all weird....
ShadowFX
i had a chick at uni leave a note saying "Hot car!" on my windscreen, with a lipstick kiss... at least i hope it was a chick.. rolleyes.gif
Tressa95
I am always getting compliments like nice car but the one that is my favorite happened when I was at a gas station, I was getting in my car and an older couple in a newer vette kept looking at my car. Just before I closed the door the husband say "excuse me what kind of car is that?" I said a Celica. He looked at me like he didnt believe me and said "wow they really changed the look of them" I smiled and explained that it was a 95 and I had done the exterior like that. He couldnt believe that it was a 95!
MonsterBOX
ive had people ask if it was a porsche many many times but the ultimate was when i went to a body shop to get a quote on a paintjob and the woman ask me what year supra and if it was the twin turbo or not...i said i wish
Cutrara
If a body shop had to ask if it had a twin turbo, I probably wouldn't get any work done there. frown.gif
BlackCelicaGT94
I have gotten so many compliments on my car its rediculous. I once was walking into Jamba Juice and a elderly woman stopped me to tell me she loved my car and asked what it was and I said a Celica and she went on to tell me how she had like a 70 something celica back in the day.

Ive had little kids walking home from school yell "NICE CAR" or tap their friends on their shoulder and point at my car.

I get a lot of thumbs up on the freeway. I get notes on my car from time to time about it. Its nice to get compliments but I like the compliments that come from people who know cars..not just some random kid on the street

Most flattering comment - was some guys in a car telling me to roll down my window and I did then they said "Your car is hot...but your hotter" I just giggled.
celicaracer18
I used to get so many compliments when i first got my celi. but yeah after the motor came it it couldn't really go out and play so no complaments for a little over a year now. every body though my car so fast, i guess cuz i drive crazy and its five speed and the exhaust was loud as hell. i can not wait to get it back and just make everybody be like "WHOA............" Its truely going to be like no celica they have ever seen before, well like 99% anyway
TheStreetzKing
well mines in the shop but i used to cruise in my friends 6th gen and hes got the supra style wing, like the stock one but a lot bigger scoop.. anyways he's gotten like 1000 people saying nice supra.. lol
d-roCk
i've gotten a lot of compliments on my car... but the very best one that i got was from my school.. in high school i got best car... whats funny is that its all stock and all these other guys at my old school gots fixed up civics and theres one eclipse thats fixed up too!
shin
the most recent compliment was from this chick working in strauss auto, i was in there buying car wash stuff and she looked out and said, " is that a celi?" and i was like "yea. it is" and she went "wow, that looks really nice, is that yours?" i smiled proudly and said, "yes, proud to be the owner" she then went out with her co worker and kept saying " it's really nice" lol... biggrin.gif
1900WattCelica
Yeah Ive gotten alot of the "What Year is that?"

"Its a 95"

"Shut up, looks like its 3 or 4 years old"

The 6th gen just has this ageless look, simple and curvy, yet attractive
CoSo
QUOTE(shin @ Jun 20, 2005 - 4:49 PM)
the most recent compliment was from this chick working in strauss auto, i was in there buying car wash stuff and she looked out and said, " is that a celi?" and i was like "yea. it is" and she went "wow, that looks really nice, is that yours?" i smiled proudly and said, "yes, proud to be the owner" she then went out with her co worker and kept saying " it's really nice" lol... biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]301710[/snapback][/right]

Looks like that gt-four kit is paying dividends wink.gif

And which uni ShadowFX?
TheStreetzKing
i told one kid it was a supra with a celica conversion.. he believed me?? lmao that was funny
Illyont
I also get all these looks and "nice car" thrown after me from time to time.. But the best one must be some chick I met during work. She asked when I got that new car.. I said "two months ago" and she was like.. "Wow, it's really pretty. Did you pay alot?" "I told her what I payed and that it really wasn't all that great of a car". Then she said "sure it is, it's brand new.. And it looks great". I was like.. "Brand new? What have you been smoking miss?".. She didn't belive me when I said that it was 6 years old. smile.gif I left with a warm feeling inside a little while later.
ILuvMyCelica95
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Jun 19, 2005 - 9:53 PM)
It's the little compliments that makes my day... Especially little kids. My best friends mom babysits so once a week I take a kid out and drive around the block when their parents get there. They think it's amazing and the parents get a kick outta it. One time I let the dad drive the car around the block and stuff with his kid.... I got to drive his corvette that just wasn't cool enough for his kid.... lol
[right][snapback]301470[/snapback][/right]

Yeah my little cousin is obsessed with my car, hes only 3. I used to babysit him and my two other cousins every other sat. and he would always say i want to go for a ride in Tina's fast red car. Little does he know it is the slowest celica in the U.S.

i was at office depot last week and some old man was like, wow thats a nice car, very clean. I looked around all confused and i was like oh this car? ha ha yeah its my baby smile.gif

my sister drives umm a 1990 maxima that has seen the car was MAYBE once in its life, and is more rust then paint and she disses on the celi all the time. She says all 6gc are ugly and she doesnt know why i spend money on my stupid car and why i get the garage instead of her. What a 'tard.
BlackCelicaGT94
Oh today was great..I was driving down a blvd here in the area that is along the waterfront and everyone was down there half naked so Im driving and my side of the window doesnt roll down (dead motor) so im just minding my business and i look over and some guy is video taping my car as im stuck in traffic! I LOVED IT! :-) Too bad the car is horribly dirty... :-(
Valo666
Best comment ive had was i was at Tim Hortons with my buddy Jason one night and this group of chicks walked out. Jay and i were sittin in the car with the windows down, sunroof opened, neons on, stero blasting and these chicks walk by the car..and all of them looks..and all of them kinda stop and do a double take. They all just stopped and looked at it for a second and started to talk in a group(as most girls do). So Jay and I are sittin in the car laughin a bit and 3 of the girls walk up to the side of the car and start talking to us and one says "Nice car, is it yours?" so i say yea and shez like "man its hot, but WTF is it??"(since i shaved my emblems off) so i tell her, they walk off and 30 seconds later one of the girls comes back and hands me 2 napkins..one says Kristina and a # and then one says "for your buddy, Amy and a #"..lol..its 2 bad me n jay have gfs.
TheStreetzKing
haha valo nice story.. and nice avatar haha

new story.. guy from the shop my cars at came into my job.. i was like how is my car coming.. he goes well were starting to put everything together and i must say damnn it lookss sooooo good smile.gif i was like thank god
creis
Natalie left a note on my window saying nice celica about a year ago biggrin.gif (in the Fred Meyer Parking lot) I was pretty new to the site then so she did not recongnise it.
ArizonaRed
people think its a supra, integra, or prelude. i know prelude??
ShadowFX
QUOTE(CoSo @ Jun 21, 2005 - 1:07 AM)
QUOTE(shin @ Jun 20, 2005 - 4:49 PM)
[right][snapback]301710[/snapback][/right]

Looks like that gt-four kit is paying dividends wink.gif

And which uni ShadowFX?
[right][snapback]301721[/snapback][/right]

well not me. im still year 12, but dad works at ECU joondalup. i wish id been there that day.. *sigh*
estaticd
Had a guy working drive-thru at McDonald's ask me how much I paid for my carbon fiber hood, when I told him $36 bucks and gas to and from L.A. he couldn't beleive it.

Guy at Burger King asked what year Supra.... "I WISH!"

I had a kid who was about 14ish ask me questions about my car while I was at a gas station the other day, that was interesting.
JoKeRkId613
I've gotten the "Nice Supra" several times...(weird... since I have a coupe wink.gif )

"Nice car, what year is it?"... "It's a 94"... "Yeah right! 94 plus what?"...

"That's a Celica? I've never seen that style before"

"What's the retail on one of those?"... "More than you can afford pal! Toyota"... Vrrm vrrrm!

J/K about the last one. It feels good knowing that I have the nicest car at work. Lol. Excluding the corporate employees with the Benzs, BMWs, etc. There's some lady at work that has the same color, coupe celi like mine except it's all beat up and the paint looks crappy. It's all stock. I've seen her tell people that my car is hers. It's pissing me off. Lol. But the other day at a McDonald's drive-thru, I got the Supra comment again. The kid asked me if the Supra was Twin Turbo. Haha. I wish it were at least one of those two.
dustin15brown
Dan and I were in my g/f's town for the fair and a totally rice cavalier reved to us pulled up and was like what whats ur 1/4? dan-"slow, what bout u" "low 14's" "i see, what turbo set up did u do?" "Don't need one" At this point i was launching the bs flag... but then he goes "nice prelude " dan's jaw dropped along with mine" This isn't a compliment IMO
CelicaBuddy
I get a buncha comments al the time... And my car isn't all that great

My favorite one, was when I was on vacation with my boyfriend, ad I was accidently blockig a side walk, and this guy walks up, looking all pissed off cuz I blocked the side walk, walks up to the car, looks the car up and down, and finally says in a quiet voice....

"Nice car man..." and then he walks away... I was just so confused, becase I wasn't sure if he was serious or being sarcastic.... It was my boyfriend who had to say thanks... and then he explained to me that since the town we were in only owned peice of sh*t cars, a convertible that looks neat like your car, would be an amazing thing to people...

I later came to realize that because when we drving through this huge hick town, there were a lot of people who were looking at my car when we drove by....

I got lots more comments on my car, but this one ws just my favorite...

Cutrara
"Hey, is that Celica a Porsche?"

haha
azian_advanced
i gotta say.. i love reading these! keep 'em comin guys....
red_94gts
QUOTE(azian_advanced @ Jun 26, 2005 - 3:10 AM)
i gotta say.. i love reading these!  keep 'em comin guys....
[right][snapback]304864[/snapback][/right]

i had one guy at a gas station ask me how my supra was treating me. i told him it was a celica, and he was like "oh. its got the supra headlights though." i replyed "no those are celica headlights." he said i know its a celica but the headlights look like a supra's" then hea traced around my right low beam then the high beam with his finger and whispered "supra".
i wasnt in a mood to tell him he was an idiot, so i just said "oh"
. ive stopped conversations driving by people. there was a group of like 5 or 6 girls talking as i drove by, and one of them pointed at my car and they all turned and stared.
a guy in a 3000gt twin turbo asked if the celica was a supra i said yeah twin turbo. then he revved at me, i was like ummmm... i was in the far right lane so i said, "i gotta turn here" and turned. i see him all the time and he just stares at my car
Boss-Celica
Best compliment I have ever gotten was when 25thcelica and I went to a Toyota dealership for some parts and the salesmen were all over our cars asking if we would trade them in. They were saying how this were they're favorite celica model and wanted one for they're selves.
TRD6GC
I was driving about a week ago about to make a right hand turn, this 5series BMW pulls up next to me to make a left hand turn with two kids in the car and try to get me to race. It was a 25 MPH zone which cops are on all the time, so i was like nah but if i see you on route 9 (highway near me) then i will. And they were like "what's the matter you dont think your Supra could keep up?", i just smiled and kept going. I've also had my manager and numerous people at work ask me how i could afford a Supra. Guess that Supra wing really does the job.
creis
our cars really are the younger sister of the supra, inside and out there are many similarities in shape and style. Its not suprising to me that people would mix the two up, even if there are huge differances.
Scott
I have a really wealthy cousin who looked at my car and asked "Is it a Maserati?" When I laughed, he said "No, really - What is it? It's beautiful." This other guy looked at my car, asked what kind it was and said he needs to buy one for his wife.

Also, after school when i drop the top, i get a lot of girls saying "Scott I didn't know you had a convertible! When can I ride in it?" smile.gif
Blakout16
i got a comment the other day when i wasnt even at my car, i was inside giving the money to the person to put money on a gas till. and my friends car was in front of me and he was filling his gas and such and i had another friend in my car and a old fellow in a porsche who was on the gas till next to me was walking inside to pay and he stop and said something like "i like this car..." i dunno, my friends were telling me about it and kinda funny. since my friends car that was in front of me was a 97 celi - silver, just all stock. and he was like well i guess he likes black biggrin.gif
rocky2006
about a year ago when i had my bone stock car for like a month a mid-aged lady said, "thats a nice car." the other day, now with a few mods, i was going through the taco bell drive thru and the dude that worked there said i had a really nice car except for the thing i had my right hand on (auto). im getting tired of paying $1-3 all the time to drive my friends' sticks frown.gif.
TRD6GC
Today i was at Stewart's (a lil ice cream convenient mart store near me for those that dont know), anyways, i was standing next to my car with a couple of friends and these two guys about 35 or 40 say they like my car. We get talking and they ask me what kind of car it is, took them about 4 guesses before i had to tell them it was a celica, haha i love when people dont know what kind of car it is. One of the guys even went in his car and gave me two bottles of Eagle One wet spray wax to use. He was like "here ya go, this sh*t will make your car shine like you wouldn't believe". And then they also thought it was a 2000, they didint believe it was 10 years old.....gotta love it.
easternpiro1
Ive got a couple compliments too...but im wonderin if you guys have had this one..."WOW MATT! THATS A NICE LEXUS! i guess the nose shape resembles that of that lexus (forgot the model) that looks sorta like a supra.

someone else mistook my celica for a paseo boy was i pissed!
my neighbors kids beg me to burn out for them, they are infatuated with my car, i know it will always be safe in my circle... the kids are always eyeballing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.