Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: worth it or save up? 3sge or 3sgte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
rza619
was wondering if it was worth it to swap a 3rd gen 3sge to my celica because there a guy in my area selling his whole set everything i need to swap for 650$. I belive it has 177 hp and 142 tq and pulls all the way to redline which is at 7.2 smile.gif .

i done research on the engine and with mild mods mr2 guys are running high to mid 14's

i was planning on getting the engine and adding bolt ons plus maybe add a 65 of shot of nos

whould this be all worth it or should i save for a 3sgte?
dustin15brown
no nitrous...go with the 3sgte from the get-go... it was built for a turbo and can handle more abuse... if u go from a 3sge and turbo it, you're just askin for more problems.... also what are you power goals?
dustin15brown
ALSO: Wrong forum!! Mods fix this please
rza619
well i just wanna run low 14's and i whould be happy and if i get the 3sge i whouldnt turbo it just put bolt ons and run a 60 shot of nos. maybe 200 whp then i whould be happy
dustin15brown
I'd say that 3sgte but thats just IMO
playr158
ok 1st off WRONG FORUM

ok now for helpful info

if he's selling you just a motor for 650$ then NO DON"T GET IT
if he's selling you just a motor NO DON"T GET IT

wat you want is to go and buy a clip they run about 2500$ at a good deal if you don't have a clip then don't do it cause a clip is what you need.....

and basically the 3sge is goin to be just as much work as a 3sgte because it is the exact same motor with the difference of a turbo.....

so in my opinion if you want to make a "drag" car then you want to get a 3sgte if you plan on getting to the 14s.......
rza619
hmm its a engine set it has everything i need tranny, ecu uncut wireharness, i plan on using the 5sfe tranny since it has shorter gearing
mark_426
non turbo would be a bit better as a daily driver.. the turbo would be faster.

other than that, they'd be about the same.

and, the price doesnt sound too bad if it is all inclusive
Akimbo
swap 1mzfe and supercharge
Kadett
3S-GE goes redline At 7000 RPM not 7200!
BLADDER_MASTER
QUOTE(playr158 @ Jun 19, 2005 - 9:15 PM)
ok 1st off  WRONG FORUM

ok now for helpful info

if he's selling you just a motor for 650$ then NO DON"T GET IT
if he's selling you just a motor NO DON"T GET IT

wat you want is to go and buy a clip they run about 2500$ at a good deal if you don't have a clip then don't do it cause a clip is what you need.....

and basically the 3sge is goin to be just as much work as a 3sgte because it is the exact same motor with the difference of a turbo.....

so in my opinion if you want to make a "drag" car then  you want to get a 3sgte if you plan on getting to the 14s.......
[right][snapback]301476[/snapback][/right]

You don't need a front clip to do the swap.
Rjb23
QUOTE(rza619 @ Jun 20, 2005 - 1:30 AM)
was wondering if it was worth it to swap a 3rd gen 3sge to my celica because there a guy in my area selling his whole set everything i need to swap for 650$. I belive it has 177 hp and 142 tq and pulls all the way to redline which is at 7.2  smile.gif .

i done research on the engine and with mild mods mr2 guys are running high to mid 14's

i was planning on getting the engine and adding bolt ons plus maybe add a 65 of shot of nos

[right][snapback]301452[/snapback][/right]

MR2's don't have 3sge's in them.
BLADDER_MASTER
QUOTE(Rjb23 @ Jun 20, 2005 - 6:33 PM)
was wondering if it was worth it to swap a 3rd gen 3sge to my celica because there a guy in my area selling his whole set everything i need to swap for 650$. I belive it has 177 hp and 142 tq and pulls all the way to redline which is at 7.2  smile.gif .

MR2's don't have 3sge's in them.
[right][snapback]301932[/snapback][/right]

The Euro and Jap models do.
Phat_Boi

Save up and do a 3SGTE swap. You'll be happier in the long run, I doubt the engine is in good running condition if hes selling it for $650 (or maybe hes a nice guy confused.gif )

3SGTE > 3SGE
BLADDER_MASTER
QUOTE(Phat_Boi @ Jun 21, 2005 - 8:06 AM)

Save up and do a 3SGTE swap. You'll be happier in the long run, I doubt the engine is in good running condition if hes selling it for $650 (or maybe hes a nice guy confused.gif )

3SGTE > 3SGE
[right][snapback]302198[/snapback][/right]

I got my 3rd gen 3S-GE for $650 as well and it runs fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.