Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ready to let go of my Celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
tranxendz
I am debating whether or not to sell my Celica....Somehow, I want to but somehow I don't. I'm caught in a feud between what I should do. I love this car but then again I want something new. Then again this Celica has that look that is irresistable. It may be slower than expected but it gets the looks that I want. I know I'm selling the Expedition cause that is a gas-eating machine. It's getting way to pricey for me to keep. The Celica...I'm still debating. I thought about getting a 7th gen, then again the body style isn't as great as the 6th gen. Now, I have my eyes on a Tiburon GT, RSX, or a TSX. It's leaning towards a TSX. Agh, the harsh reality of making choices. However, if I do decide to keep the Celica, it will undergo major changes. I don't know what to do. What you guys think?
SlowCelica94
evo8
TheStreetzKing
i second that.. evo 8.. cause then u can say "My Evo 8 your sti" haha.. i wouldnt go from the celica to a tiburon those things suckkk the tsx is nice but i prefer rsxtype s from ur choices
Cutrara
Yeah, Celica to a Tiburon, even if it's brand new, is a step down. TSX's are so sweet.
tranxendz
The Tiburon's exterior looks sweet. You guys are right it is a step down..I'm going for looks again! I shouldn't! EVO-8..It is real sweet but it's not my taste...I dunno it isn't me.
dustin15brown
keep the celi and take the extra money and drop 'er into the car
d-roCk
i agree with thestreetzking rsx type s is what i'd go with of all your choices...
soltrain
rx-8 ? it's still got an 8 in it, except you can't really say my rx 8 your sti.
Akimbo
Err Celica to a Tiburon a step down? How so? We're talking about the new GT 6 cylinder manual trannies right? Those are actually pretty slick...
Phat_Boi
Keep the Celica and work on it, 3SGTE swap.

If you end up selling it get a '05 RSX Type S. They are REALLY nice inside and out.

Good luck.

If it was me I'd keep the Celi.
TheStreetzKing
lmao my rx8 your sti

that be sick if u got one though
Bigmeanbulldog55
I vote rx8, or Sti. I've heard those Evo's are kind of junky. Fast, but not well put together.
SlowCelica94
Yeah, ur right about the evos...but I'm sure if you ignore it, your problems will go away.

RX8's suck tho. My friend took down one in her grand prix gtp
Cutrara
Yeah I hear RX-8s have bad torque due to the rotary engine.
soltrain
Perhaps poor torque, but think of it as an s2000 engine...except one that eats double the oil. Also, drag isn't everything - I'd like to see that grand prix gtp outhandle an rx8.
Cutrara
Yeah, the RX-8 handles better because the Rotary Engine gives the car a lower center of gravity.
Bigmeanbulldog55
Rx8 was one of car and drivers top 10 of 2004 wasn't it? It has a big aftermarket. If there's really a problem with torque, who cars. Just beef it up.
RedSunCelica
well ask your self this question.... What am i going to do with the car? Is it going to be a daily driver? Auto X Car? Drag Car? All show no go? comfortable car for the daily commute with a little fun on the side?

If its a Auto X/Track car i say go for either the RX8 or the evo8. even though the RX8 is under powered it shines on a tight road course.

Drag car well ill probably get flamed for this but, id head towards the Hyundai just becuase a supercharged hyundai is a very unexpected car to see modified.

Comfortable car for the daily commute with a little fun on the side id go for TSX.

Sure the 3SGTE swap celica would be great but lets get real your in California, green peace hippie ****ing capitol of the world. So unless you want to spend between 400-600 every two years to "pass" smog its not really a good idea.

but if i was in your shoes check out the pontiac Solstice or the Saturn SKY great cars and good cars to modify from a base form. but thats just my .2 cents.
tranxendz
Eddie I haven't seen you in a long time! Man, I've been busy with work and school and back again. So what's up? Thanks for the vice man. I'm still debating on whether I should let go of my celica. Then again Xen (my gf) told me that the Celica line ends at 2005....So it makes ie more difficult for me to let go of it. The 6th gen Celica's look soo good. Then again the thought of a new car is kind of a wreck..Payments..Higher insurance. BLAH. I don't want to let go of my Celica but then I do...Then I don't then I do again. LoL. I do like the Saturn Sky and the Pontiac Solstice. Very nice body style. I might keep the Celica and just safe the hassle of payments towards more goodies to the Celica...Dunno yet. Do you know any place here that installs body kits and paint at an affordable price?
Cutrara
thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif

Hyundai
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.