Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Think I found the car.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Fastbird
I've been picky in what I wanted, and may have found it today. AD HERE

It's a 96, 93K miles, stick, GT hatch, factory fog lights, ect. Everything I was looking for. The catch?? It's been sitting for almost 2 years. The guy's son went to school and now lives in the city, and he finally told his dad to sell it.

Here's the pics he sent.

Looks like a decent car. He replaced the battery but has stated that NO major work has been performed. No biggie to me, I'm a garage mechanic and love working on my cars. It's got an alarm (don't know if it's factory), and all the other goodies sans Leather, which wasn't a prerequisite.

What do you all think?? It looks pretty nice to me, straight, just the one dent. Anyone in the Kinsington NY area who can check it out? Also, the price is OBO, so I'm thinking if I walk in with 5K cash I could be good.

*Edit* Also, it comes with the stock rims and tires. Which is good because I HATE white rims and those would HAVE to go. biggrin.gif
dustin15brown
Hey man nice find, but if you get a body kit I call the stock side skirts!!
Fastbird
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Jun 27, 2005 - 9:06 PM)
Hey man nice find, but if you get a body kit I call the stock side skirts!!
[right][snapback]305653[/snapback][/right]

LMAO, they'd be yours, but body kit is WAY down the line. I've got another project in the works still:

http://image48.webshots.com/49/3/25/51/367...51vSKgKn_ph.jpg

That's where all the money goes. The Celica is just a daily driver for me, but I will be tinkering, no worries.

*Edit* F-ing Webshots.....try the pic now.
dustin15brown
Alright everyone remember that.... skirts are mine... but the pic isn't workin man
mark_426
Its listed as a coupe.. hmm

Check it out, see if its what you want for sure. 3 post spoiler is gross though, wish mine wasn't.

Kinda curious, whats the deal with wanting the OEM foglights?
Fastbird
QUOTE(mark_426 @ Jun 27, 2005 - 9:26 PM)
Its listed as a coupe.. hmm

Check it out, see if its what you want for sure. 3 post spoiler is gross though, wish mine wasn't.

Kinda curious, whats the deal with wanting the OEM foglights?
[right][snapback]305669[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but the pics are definitely of a hatchback. The foglight thing......I just don't want to have to wire things in, and I think they really help the front end looks of the car.
Consynx
that isn't leather.

nice find though
Consynx
http://www.cars.com/go/search/preview.jsp;...eadExists=false
there is a hatch, w/ black leather + goodies
Batman722
is that the headrest on the dash ????

do it do it
dustin15brown
dude i dont have permission to look at ur pics... o well lol
Fastbird
Leather wasn't something I needed. The car fits my bill. You guys think it's a good price for what it is??

As for my other project, HERE is a picture of the "inner demons" of the project. biggrin.gif I was in the middle of putting the manifold back on after a lifter swap to try and track down a problem.
dustin15brown
nice nice, but i hear the gas draining
Fastbird
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Jun 27, 2005 - 10:08 PM)
nice nice, but i hear the gas draining
[right][snapback]305719[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, due to a sna-fu with the manifold, my last tank of gas in that think got 96 miles on 13 gallons. It's what happens when you use a manifold that hasn't been correctly milled to match up with the cylinder head mating surfaces. Oh well, it's slowly coming together. Running like 100% trash it still mustered out 358 RWHP and 358 RWTQ, and once it's tuned in I should see in the area of 420ish RWHP. I'm shooting for low 11 second timeslips with it.
Fastbird
Well, I carfaxed it, and it came back very clean with one blemish (This is amusing):

09/01/2001 -- New York Police Report -- Accident Reported, Vehicle involved in crash with pedestrian.

Now, NYPD reports:
--DO NOT include an assessment of damage severity
--Are processed if the estimated damage exceeds $1000

Looking at the pictures of the car, there was either some damn good body work done (because all of the reflections line up wonderfully, easy way to tell) or that dent in the the hatch is what it's about.

I'll be driving up on Friday to look at it. The Air Force is giving us Friday off (yaay--4 day weekend) and my Fiancee' has the day off too, so we're going to make a nice day trip out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.