Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Truely Sad Story
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
gas65
This was the headlines in my local newspaper on Thursday morning.

http://www.cknj.com/articles/2005/06/30/news/01tcfair.txt

My cousin called me Thurday before noon and reported this.

http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=354...ail&Format=HTML

My cousin is a professional photographer and took the last pictures of this girl, so he was busy all day Thursday because they wanted her last pictures for the fairs tribute to her and I think also for the funeral home.

For all you young people reading this, drinking and driving or riding with somebody drinking is no joke. It can cost you your life or someone elses. So be careful who you ride with, because it could be your last.
celicaboston1983
driving drunk = stupid
amysmojo
that is so sad frown.gif
DamDirtyApes
why cant people just understand driving drunk kills.
BlackCelicaGT94
Hate to admit it but ive driven drunk before. Dont do it anymore but at that moment it seems that u have no other choice. Leave ur car in downtown seattle and sleep there (scary) or get a cab and leave ur car (scary) but driving home drunk is scary also. Its not like I had a few miles. I drove probably 20 miles. Luckily nothing happened and once I hit 21 and start hitting the clubs then I will definetly get a DD or taking a taxi. Id rather pay 30 bucks for a cap than kill myself, friends or damage my car!
gas65
They just reported tonight on the news that the boy driving had killed another girl back in 2000 while driving drunk when he collided with her car. I hope they fry this dumb SOB.

Watch the video attached to this link. The boy was trying to hide from the police.

http://www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3541377
Jen
That is absolutely terrible..
creis
damn.....

I opend this page and just opend the first link wouthout reading anything, and just though it was about your town and the pagent and stuff, so I read it quick and opend the next link, saw the car and the title and.........

I've had some real scares with friends calling me wile there driving drunk, its a horrible fealing knowing that its the last time you might ever talk to them and knowing there is nothing you can do to help. I always try and offer to be a DD since I dont drink at all and dont wana see people get hurt.

but drinking and driving is such a preventable thing, yet its such a serious problem.

My heart goes with that beautiful girl and her family who now have to live with such a horrible loss.
RedSunCelica
im not gonna lie ive done this before and its a dumb mistake but when your drunk a different mind set starts to think for you.
blkGT
thats bad.

i drunk and drove and totaled my celi. dont do it anymore.
celicagurl152003
wow..that is really sad
shid
Chances are, if she was letting him drive drunk, she was drunk off her ass too.

How about not drinking underage like that to begin with.

While it is a tragedy for the families, I have little sympathy for idiots (especially beauty queens) who get their drunk asses killed directly or indirectly.
Andy B
I think thats a bit harsh shid. How do you know that she was drunk too ? She maybe did'nt know the guy, who was driving, was drunk !

I know i can hold my drink very well. If im out with friends, people call me the sober one, because all the rest of my friends are falling about pissed and im still ok. There has been times when i have been out for a night out, got home in the early morning and my girl has said, i thought you were drinking tonight, you dont look like you have been !?

So maybe the guy who was driving was covering it up well and she did'nt know eh - thought about that one.

I think that you'd need to assess all the factors in this situation before maknig a harsh judgement like your last comment !

Oh p.s. i do feel very strongly about this subject (as you may notice) as i lost a dear friend of mine through drunk driving a few years ago. Not his fault, he swerved to avoid a drunk driver heading for him.........

Andy....
gas65
They have'nt told if she was drinking or not. They did say that all 4 of the people in the car all worked for Cracker Barrel so they were all friends.

My cousin told me Inside Edition is trying to do a story about this accident, but he refused to release any of his photo's to them unless her parents wanted them to do the story. So you may see it soon on your tv.
Andy B
Exactly, thats why i find the presumtion that she was drinking, a bit harsh.

Andy...
shid
Because chances are, she was drinking. Because if she's at the same time, too friggin dumb to notice the guy she's with was heavily drinking at the party they were just at, then she's A) dumb enough to drink B) a beauty queen bimbo blonde.
dustin15brown
damn shid that was a bit unnec. it wouldn't hurt to be sympathetic. That sucks... I feel for her family. No one deserves that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.