Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEED HELP!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
doGGy
ok, i just got my apexi s-afc, and where is no 7a-fe instaliation diagram and where is no such engine in instruktion and etc. Where to find how to conect, and how to set this thing to my engine! Any comments are welcome!

Thanks.

Romka
edo17982
I finished to connect it yesterday.
Follow the scheme T4B that's the same of our engine wink.gif wink.gif

Edo
Silver94CelicaOwner
Let us all know how well they work once theyre installed wink.gif
edo17982
When I'll have some time I'll write an how to wink.gif
doGGy
Thaks guys, i will try to cennect it this weekend. I will let you know hoe it works smile.gif
doGGy
Another question. Maybe somone has a good S-AFC set up for the ST with filter/exhaust??? Or just the example of how the S-AFC has to be tuned?
edo17982
When I'll have my head remounted I'll try some configs and I'll let you know....but I think it'll take a quite long time to complain....
doGGy
QUOTE (edo17982 @ Apr 24, 2003 - 3:41 AM)
When I'll have my head remounted I'll try some configs and I'll let you know....but I think it'll take a quite long time to complain....

what would be good
Drunken_Style
You have to have the s-afc dyno tuned to get the most out of it. Plus any new performance parts that you add you will need to have it retuned to maximize performance. Hope this helps.
west_minist
hey doggy!

Did you sent me a message today?

If so, i just finish install the Nology M80 coil on the car. Instant leanest.

I did a little test an was staying the car is not rev or pulling as hard with the old coil. I also notice no back firing.

When I got home and adjust the fuel/air ratio, I was lean. Not lean lean, but at the point of saving gas.

I have reture to run a tab rich. Will see how the car feels tomorrow.

But just starting the car and moving of, the torque is very noticeable.

I did not had chance to look for the diagram. Did you call Apexi?

Is the 4AFE pin out the same as the 7AFE anyone?
edo17982
yeas West, it's the same.
I wrote yestersay the How-to and I hope Coomer will release it soon smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Why don't u write an how-to for the M80 coil since we've the coil in the distributor wink.gif
doGGy
Hey,
It is done! Installed it this weekend. And it wasnt really hard job (took me an hour to install it). Work perfectly, looks awsome! Thanks to edo17982, Charlie97L and west_minist for helping me out with wiring and etc. smile.gif
user posted image
edo17982
I'm happy for you man! wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Check the How to article I wrote and tell me if it sounds clear for the installation! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
If needs, leave a comment
Drunken_Style
Looks great man.
maikl
can anyone know how can i install it to my car? an ss-iii vvt-i?
seth042280
anyone know where the cheapest place to get this is ?
edo17982
Ebay
edo17982
QUOTE (maikl @ Apr 28, 2003 - 5:35 AM)

If you get your ECU pinout I'll tell you how to do it. wink.gif
Matthew
dang doggy that looks nice. i just need somewhere to put that and the avc-r
west_minist
QUOTE (maikl @ Apr 28, 2003 - 7:35 AM)

The 3sge info is there for you. vvti does not make a different.

That only comes into play when change your ecu.
west_minist
QUOTE (doGGy @ Apr 28, 2003 - 1:48 AM)
Hey,
It is done! Installed it this weekend. And it wasnt really hard job (took me an hour to install it). Work perfectly, looks awsome! Thanks to edo17982, Charlie97L and west_minist for helping me out with wiring and etc. smile.gif
user posted image

Well done.

Did you use the 4AFE wiring to work with the 7AFE?

I am sorry that I did not get a chance to really help you.

I have been busy at work all week and now have a big presentation coming up this week which I needed to finish.

If you like, just do a how to on 6gc.net for anything special that you hdad to do for the 7afe.
edo17982
QUOTE (west_minist @ Apr 28, 2003 - 7:23 AM)
QUOTE (doGGy @ Apr 28, 2003 - 1:48 AM)
Hey,
It is done! Installed it this weekend. And it wasnt really hard job (took me an hour to install it). Work perfectly, looks awsome! Thanks to edo17982, Charlie97L and west_minist for helping me out with wiring and etc.  smile.gif
user posted image

Well done.

Did you use the 4AFE wiring to work with the 7AFE?

I am sorry that I did not get a chance to really help you.

I have been busy at work all week and now have a big presentation coming up this week which I needed to finish.

If you like, just do a how to on 6gc.net for anything special that you hdad to do for the 7afe.

I already posted an how to, West....check for it wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
west_minist
QUOTE (edo17982 @ Apr 25, 2003 - 5:56 AM)
I wrote yestersay the How-to and I hope Coomer will release it soon smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Why don't u write an how-to for the M80 coil since we've the coil in the distributor wink.gif

My car is a subaru.

Install is easy in your car.

Once you have the head, you will get it do.

Now in theory (what I would do if I had it builtin), I would strip the distributor down, and get the wires running to the input side of the internal coil.

I would either replace those replace those wires with longer ons or pull them out of the loom to where my new nology coil is.

I would then run a low resistance spark plug wire from my coil to the inside of the distributor unit to the point head.

I must warn you the M80 is a racing coil that must be use with Either a CRANECAMS HI6/7 oe MSD Digital 6 or 7. That coil that you can use is the M60.

If you want, you can replace your distributor with a MSD one.
edo17982
With an MSD one? which one? I checked on their site on section"imports" but nothing found for my application....can you help me? confused.gif
west_minist
QUOTE (edo17982 @ Apr 25, 2003 - 5:56 AM)

Hi edo!

Do you have if you start to tune, start of rich and use the ieither the built in a/f gauge or an external one.

Also keep and eye on engine temperature and pinging.
edo17982
I have the Autometer A/f gauge.....
But....the how can the AFC read the A/f ratio if it don't use the oxygen sensor signal?? confused.gif
Also....there is not a modalityu to visualize the a/f ratio into it....
west_minist
Ok. I was told that it has one.

I never really research the safc due to the fact my final alternative was a new computer.

Ok. Use the autometer.

<<<<Also....there is not a modalityu to visualize the a/f ratio into it....>>>>
I do not understand the line above!
edo17982
I don't think that the AFC can visualize A/f ratio....that's the way I'm using the autometer gauge user posted image
west_minist
QUOTE (edo17982 @ Apr 28, 2003 - 9:32 AM)
With an MSD one? which one? I checked on their site on section"imports" but nothing found for my application....can you help me? confused.gif

Ok. Sometimes you have to call them or send dimensions to them.
west_minist
QUOTE (edo17982 @ Apr 28, 2003 - 9:32 AM)

Ok. Sometimes you have to call them or send dimensions to them.

Ok, I see what you are saying. I am not see the a/f built.

Ok, I read it.

If you could, send some pictures of the ecu connected up for those who will do it.

Again, great job.
west_minist
QUOTE (maikl @ Apr 28, 2003 - 7:35 AM)

Ok. Maikl!

As I stated before, you car application is there.

You state to me that you are getting an aftermarket computer.

There you do not need the apexi.

Either way, your application is on pg33 in the manual and pg12 in the wiring manual.

cannot send you the pictures since this post does not have that feature
edo17982
West is right.
In function of the beautiful engine u have I suggest you to buy a computer like Autronic, Motec or Apexi power FC..... you can have great gains from it and you can menage everything!! wink.gif wink.gif
west_minist
Maikl!

I am not sure if I ask you this before, how old are you?
west_minist
k, it seems from apexi documentation, all the ecu for the 3sge over 94 are the same maikl

Good luck
Maverickjr36
hey i just got a new ditributor cuz my old one blew out and i put it in and i think my timing is off cuz it wont start and i marked the coil but it still didnt work does anybody know how i can fix that give me some feed back at jbrangel007@msn.com or aim: maverickjr36007
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.