Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Application
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Fastbird
Whilst browsing around for aftermarket components (What, didn't think I was going to leave it stock DID YOU??) I've noticed several things advertised as "99-01" which I find odd given the generation change was made in 00. That said,

Is there some kind of unique thing to the 99's that allow certain 00+ stuff to be installed (thinks like camber plates, strut tower braces, ect) or is this simply mis-advertising?
playr158
mis advertising
Consynx
not REALLY tongue.gif
they are going by production...
the 00's were really made in late 99

it's just a retarded way of doing it since the ones made in 99 and sold in 99 were sold at 00 models
Fastbird
Ok, that's what I thought. Just a case of a LOT of less-than-informed vendors.
WannabeGT4
Actually the 7th gen was sold as a 99 in Japan, Europe and I'm sure other countries as well.
Illyont
6th gen and 7th gen are sold in Europe as 99'. They ended the 6th gen in late september 99' and started selling the 7th gen at the same time (Europe). Not sure about what they did in other places.

I see things like 93-98, 94-96 and 94-00 all over the place though.. 94-96 probably comes from the facelift thingy, but those other two are just stupid.

94-99, period. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.