Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a new radiator
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
BlackCelicaGT94
Well i have a small crack in my radiator and it looks like I need a new one. Luckily I was at my boyfriends shop and one of the guys said that the prelude radiator might work. They measured it and it looks like it should work (well they said they would make it)

Just curious what you all think...Its either pay 200 for a new one or get a prelude one and have the guys customize it in whatever way they may have to for 20 bucks.

gas65
Nat

I got a brand new one from Advance auto parts for abit over $80. It shows on their website that Washington does'nt have any stores but it has a link to purchase online at the top of their page. I have'nt had any problems with mine, so it's worth the money.

http://www.advanceautoparts.com/
BlackCelicaGT94
yeah but i dont even have 80 bucks on me!!!

Thanks though..if the prelude one doesnt work then ill go for it
lagos
they sell radiator repair kits if u need to make a temp repair while waiting to save up money for a new radiator
gas65
I just called Advance, they now want $140 for that same radiator.

But heres a link to a place that guarantees lowest prices. You might try them.

http://www.autopartsonsale.com/cgi-bin/ons...ear=1994&cat=15
BlackCelicaGT94
Already have a temp repair - but if my boyfriend can get this prelude radiator then im set :-P oooh and were doing a flush..im so excited! :-P
JoKeRkId613
yay a flush! lol. j/k. my radiator got a crack in it once and i pretty much blew it and my car overheated, etc. i was able to use a honda civic radiator that my friend stole from the toyota dealer her worked at. i dunno, they just happened to have many laying around... well it worked. its a great temp fix especially if theres lack of money. the thing is that the civic radiator was completely backwards so the hose on top and bottom were on the other side. we bought hoses n stuff at discount for like 15 dollars. i also had to tie the two fans to the screw holes because i think the honda one was more seperated or something, anyway, we used nylon string from a fishing rod i didnt use. lol.worked out well till i bought the koyo radiator. nice, but expensive. it was like 150. what im trying to say is that if its the right dimensions and itll fit then it will work. just get the custom hoses and the little one from the reservoir tank thing and that'll probably have to be extended. some fishing line and BAM, good to go.good luck homie.

o yea, when i went to discount, they had sum crap there to temporarily fix cracks on radiators. might wanna check that out too. hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.