Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST HEADERS
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
latinc-li-k
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE CAN I GET HEADERS? EXCEPT AROSPEED THEY DONT MAKE THEM ANYMORE I CALLED THIS MORNING OR IF THE COROLLA ONE WILL FIT AND WHAT MODIFICATIONS HAVE TO BE MADE TO IT
IN ORDER TO FIT
THANK'S YA'LL
BigEdge169
Someone did a how-to a while back about this install. Here's a link to it
http://www.6gc.net/index.php/action/how-to..._article/itu/43
Maybe this will help you out.
latinc-li-k
THANKS BRO!! YOU DA' MAN
BigEdge169
Hey don't thank me, thank the guy that wrote it, Ijust found it. Good luck with the project.
Mynzeyes
yes. thank ME!

hehe, jk, i'm glad i can help you guys out. smile.gif

-John-
BigEdge169
Was there any sort of noticable difference after you installed the headers? Also, how much did the set run you?
Mynzeyes
there was a little bit of a mid-range power change, and A LOT more flow, so plan on havin the exhaust a little louder, and the set was about 180 bucks. took a little while to install. if you have your mind set to it tho, it'll be aight. wink.gif.

-John-
BigEdge169
Alright, thanks for that info. I might look into doing that depending on how long it will be before I can do any sort of major changes (turbo and all that good stuff)
edo17982
At Streetstyler thay have the last header for the Corolla ARO 800960 which will fit 7AFE engine but will need a little modification to bolt on the exhaust pipe wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
hackworth
Hmm, I just bought a 97 st and I am thinking about putting a new header on it. Anyone know which type would require the least amount of modification to install?
FallenHero
any faire muffler shop can add a pipe to a hpracing header
prepcelica
I got mine at toysport. The other guy is right, installing the headers is pretty easy depending on the headers. After that you have to bring it to a muffler shop to put the extension to reach your Catpipe. MOst of them are made for Corollas not for Celicas.
prepcelica
QUOTE (BigEdge169 @ Apr 24, 2003 - 7:05 PM)
Was there any sort of noticable difference after you installed the headers? Also, how much did the set run you?

In drag racing nothing much improved, but on the top end or 5th gear it really helps. I've raced trucks, cars that are v6/v8 some of the v6 I beat bad but v8s some of them I beat some of them I just keep up. Mine run me $220 shipped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.