Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Muffler
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Ralph96gt
i just got this muffler from a buddy of mine and just wanted to see if anyone here had any kind of experience with this company or this particular muffler..
its from a company called 3a racing and its the bullet tip caron fiber muffler
user posted image
Phat_99CeliGT
i got a 3a muffler off my buddy.
it was on an integra for a couple months, then i got it.
sold it to my friend and it sounded nasty. he took it off to put on a new muffler and found out the seam on the top of the muffler was cracked open.
yellowxboy
looks like a universal muffler off of ebay ....
95CelicaST
I have Nik's Ractive muffler
rocky2006
i have a 3a racing muffler, and i get compliments on it. i really wish i had gone full exhaust though. muffler only imo is pretty worthless and ricey. shame on me...
Batman722
user posted image
shin
this is what i have, Tanabe racing medallion
user posted image
dustin15brown
I have a JanSpeed
Drocay
my exhaust seems extermely close to that one and it looks and sounds great. i always get comlements on it.
CelicaST18
i have side pipes
DamDirtyApes
celicast18 thats a nice exhaust.... i really like that
dustin15brown
Hey that's original.. points for originality
SlowCelica94
haha, side pipes, that's awesome. Good for you for doing something orginal.

As far as the muffler goes, 3A racing is crap. They use very low end building materials. Also, they typically sound horrible, but that depends on what car it's on. If rocky's is working well for him, do it. But if you want my recommandation, try to get ahold of a skunk2 muffler, they sound awesome. And make for the muffler has baffles in it. My HKS doesn't and it sounds ricey till the car warms up.
Ralph96gt
thanks for the feed back you guys... i havent had a chance to put on the muffler cause of my schedule...im gonna do it next week for sure and ill try to post a vid.
Ralph96gt
i finally put the dam muffler on...it sounds niiiiiiiiiice...real deep sound...already had 2.25in straight pipe but had stock muffler on.
BBoYRuGGeD
QUOTE(SlowCelica94 @ Jul 21, 2005 - 9:29 PM)
But if you want my recommandation, try to get ahold of a skunk2 muffler, they sound awesome.
[right][snapback]315153[/snapback][/right]

hells yah skunk2 sounds sweet...i got one on my celi biggrin.gif

ralph, thats good to hear man! sweet music to yer ear eh? wink.gif

bboy
Akimbo
I have a Greddy. Do I get any love?
94ST2
I have magnaflow and I love it.
soulshadow
QUOTE(94ST2 @ Nov 2, 2005 - 1:04 PM)
I have magnaflow and I love it.
[right][snapback]351959[/snapback][/right]

I have one too, but its so freakin loud. At high speeds of 80+ you can really notice the thing. Im about to toss in an silencer this week. Hope that cancels out the noise.
dustin15brown
I think this spring I'm going with a full exhasut and I want a carbon muffler.... any ideas for a specific company that isn't outrageous in pricing
RbrtNdrws
I used to have an HKS carbon ti muffler on my old celica and I enjoyed it. I had the cat taken out also and it sounded good and not too loud. The reason the cat was out was because previous owner did it and I didnt feel like replacing it.
Nigel
well ive got a celica 1996 and ive up to now bougt 3 exhausts new old etc and no one would or could fit them. Had a carbon on my old car sounds like a TVR nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.