Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some info on GZE pistons and 7A rods
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
doGGy
First of all, Nik, i recived them FINALLY biggrin.gif Next time DO not send anything in a packadge like this cuz it takes forever cuz of the security smile.gif) It was looking like a bomb biggrin.gif

Second - GZE pistons are full floating, wrist pin is floating in pin insert on GZE rods. I thought doing this the same on 7A rods, and making GZE pistons full floating on 7A rods.. But..

7A pistons wrist pins are pressure fit to the rod, this means there is NO WRIST pin insert in rod, NO oil drain for wrist pin.

If you wanna make GZE pistons full floating you have to rework 7A rod top end. This means you have to put the wrist pin insert and make oil drain on the of the rod.

For making 7a rods with inserts, you would need to mashine the top end hole about 2 mm, then put the insert in and get it polished till the right diameter (i know im using not the right word with "polishing" but some guys will know what im talking about smile.gif ). THis would weaken the rod, and the place there the wrist pin mounts, same would happen with oil drain hole cuz it would need to be driled at the top of the rod.... And weak rods and boost do not go together at all......

So the only chance is left go pressure fit with the GZE pistons, and forget about reworking the 7A rods... you will have stronger pistons, but only one chance if detonation will apear, cuz only one place would float fully.
nik
sorry thats all i had to send it in at the time next time just a plain box tongue.gif just glad you finally got it

OOBE
At least the rods are solid...the 7A-FE pistons really suck...they are porous as hell and very light. I cannot believe they are so crappy. You can look at the the wrong way and they'll crack like chalk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.