Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The fastest celica!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
croneathone
Who on this site has the fastest car? Maybe u guys could post 1/8 mile times or 1/4 mile times. I'm just wondering. Im planning on swapping a 3sgte in my 94 st. Wanna know how fast the celica is afterwards. smile.gif
WannabeGT4
HKS has the fastest 6th gen celica.
Valo666
QUOTE(WannabeGT4 @ Jul 20, 2005 - 7:12 PM)
HKS has the fastest 6th gen celica.
[right][snapback]314827[/snapback][/right]

lol..true
97sccelica
QUOTE(croneathone @ Jul 20, 2005 - 4:07 PM)
Who on this site has the fastest car? Maybe u guys could post 1/8 mile times or 1/4 mile times. I'm just wondering. Im planning on swapping a 3sgte in my 94 st. Wanna know how fast the celica is afterwards. smile.gif
[right][snapback]314824[/snapback][/right]

how fast the car will be purely depends on how much money you want to spend
FallenHero
probably one of the Euro GT-4 guys. I think MR. E has some engine mods, Maikl does also doesn't he?
bloodrain
the fastest celica is always at NOPI, he runs a 8.3 quater mile.
vangSTa_celica
I doubt that we will ever find out who has the fastest Celica on this site since we have a few swapped Celicas here in the states and the authentic GT-4's practically everywhere else. But, I do agree that HkS does have the fastest 6th gen.

user posted image
user posted image

The Celica which most likely owns has the title of worlds fastest Celica is the HKS drag Celica. Built by legendary Japanese drag builder HKS...the HKS Celica was built off of the AT200 (U.S. ST) chassis. The Celica was the first FWD car under the 10-second barrier. Note that this was all done WITHOUT using a tubular chassis. Details are of course still kept confidential, however what is known is that the Celica has a turbocharged four-cylinder engine perhaps an over bored 3S-GTE, or based off of a Toyota Racing Engine used in the Pikes Peak Celica...

Body Style ST205 GT-4 (alltrac)
Engine 16 valve 2.0L 3S-GTE turbocharged inline four
Turbo HKS GT3240 24.3pounds max boost

Information taken from http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/fastest.htm
6gc_driven
hey bloodrain, if its the same celica i saw at battle of the imports at orlando this past spring (a red 6gc built for pure drag racing), then yup i believe you. He was running like 8.25 in a 1/4 mile or something to that degree at battle of the imports. they got to the finals, but they ended up gettin in second place, they lost to some 1st gen rx-7 that ran in the 8.1's. but yup, thats the fastest 6gc around, but of course thats because its built for racing, theres no way that the car has a 3s in it..its definily something else.
Silver94CelicaOwner
An 8 sec. Celica with a 3SGTE is definately possible. Its been done before, in fact I just ran upon an old Corolla in a past Modified Mag the other day that had a longitudinally mounted 3SGTE with a T70 turbo I believe....little over 900 horsepower to the rear wheels and he said it was tuned conservitivly to try to prevent breakdowns and reduce the need to replace things often. And theres many many more that run similar times I'm sure.
croneathone
Kinda wantin to know about front-wheel drive. Since thats what I have. I like all-wheel drive but it kinda has an unfair advantage over rear and front wheel drive. I like front-wheel drive because its kinda the undergog in the racing world. Ive seen pro drag racers run in the 7's in the 1/4 mile. Thats awesome!
CheesyLobster
i think that XXminaX (think thats his name) has a 3sgte that has been dynoed at over 300 hp.
Mr_E
Rod Millen ran a 1000bhp + Pikes Peak ST205. It held the outright hill record for a while.

I'd reckon that's in with a shot.
croneathone
What about lagos and supersprynt? What will their cars run? Im eventually gonna drop a 3sgte in my car with a turbo mr2 tranny but it'll probably take awhile. I just wanna know what I can expect afterwards. Im gonna try not to get flammed on this site. I've done alot of research and spent hours going through the forums so i think I have a pretty good idea of what I need and how to get everything to work right. I dont like to ask alot of questions but I want to know if its worth it. smile.gif
Consynx
DG ran his swap conservatively and got a 14.1
i can't think of who else ran at the track several times and HAD about the same, but w/ a LSD tranny.
SlowCelica94
kwanza holds the fastest n/a time @ a low 16. Not bad for an ST.

I don't know about HKS being the first to break the 10 second barrier. I was pretty sure Skunk2 did that. Or maybe they were the first fwd all motor.

Wish I could say my celi holds one of those "best of" times, all I got is the my celica has probably been on the track more then anyone else's. I've easily had over 50+ runs on a stock motor
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(SlowCelica94 @ Jul 21, 2005 - 10:41 PM)
kwanza holds the fastest n/a time @ a low 16. Not bad for an ST.
[right][snapback]315260[/snapback][/right]

Nope, what about maikl. 14.9 is the best NA. http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...=shaving+weight
Fietsbel
Spewie (also on this forum) got the fastest ST205 of the netherlands.
14 secs.
Blakout16
i think he was talking about ST wise... maikl has a GT Euro- version with the 3sge ...
SlowCelica94
Yeah I forgot about him. But Kwanza still holds the ST n/a record
Mr_E
QUOTE(Fietsbel @ Jul 22, 2005 - 3:02 AM)
Spewie (also on this forum) got the fastest ST205 of the netherlands.
14 secs.
[right][snapback]315402[/snapback][/right]

Should do 14 second 1/4 miles stock....
SlowCelica94
Yeah, no sh*t. If you can't run a 14 with a GT4, you don't deserve to be behind it's wheel.
boosted_K2
ya no joke... i ran a 14.1 with a near-death 3s.
BonzaiCelica
if you look on you tube and type under the search "celica gt-four" there is a red 600bhp celica vs STI and Supra with 1000 hp
99GT
That's Tufy. He's on here.
Legit94GT
Lets not forget about Paul_gt4...

I think he just got his car back and all tricked out to like 600BHP??? or something like that.

his write up
paulgtt
A stock st205, with a good launch is easily capable of getting into the 13's.

I would imagine a front wheel drive 3sgte celica should run low 14's possible into the 13's with a good start.
easternpiro1
im not trying to brag, but i honestly think i have one of the fastest fwd 3sgte swaps in an ST. (besides itchy, and shannon as far as i know) i ran 14.2 my FIRST TIME EVER trying to run on a drag strip with 17 in rims and some bs khumo ecstas on there.

not to mention i had to REALLY baby the gas through first and second. i think i could have ran a 13.5 on stock motor/turbo
purplegt4
why does "fast" have to mean straight line fast? tongue.gif

there could be

top speed
1/4 mile
lap times
etc.
easternpiro1
because we're americans, and thats all we know! lol jk
Akirad1
QUOTE (easternpiro1 @ Sep 16, 2008 - 8:33 PM) *

thats true most americans think fast in 1/4 mile times not in lap times lol
but tell me your track times that would be sweet like the European guys w/ the nurenburg ring(sorry for the spelling)
easternpiro1
QUOTE (Akirad1 @ Sep 16, 2008 - 9:21 PM) *
QUOTE (easternpiro1 @ Sep 16, 2008 - 8:33 PM) *

thats true most americans think fast in 1/4 mile times not in lap times lol
but tell me your track times that would be sweet like the European guys w/ the nurenburg ring(sorry for the spelling)

where i live there arent any proper tracks i can think of, but they DID just build that new 4 lane z max dragway up the street from me! (4.5miles)
97lestyousay
To actually answer the question, the fastest member would be this guy.

Hardtarget
I think he sold it though.
bslik
well i would think not so much from 0 but maybe a 40 or 50 roll that a fwd 3sgte celica would be pretty fast.... of course not street racing! on a controled track with street lights and traffic replicating a city street... but not at all related to street racing no way biggrin.gif
97lestyousay
whats up with the antique threads? this is from 05
delusionz
The fastest NA will probably be one of the SS-III beams guys with low to mid 15s stock, then when you mod the intake, exhaust & ignition ... away it goes!!!!!
Consynx
the guy who bumped this was posting about Tufy, which by 2005 I think he was still in the making...and not even a member possibly.

DG/Dave was one of the few with the 3S during this post...
but the times seem correct from what everyone has. Seems like a 3S celica can get high 13's on a good pass w/ tires, but mostly low 14's
Jeff ran his w/ BPUs and tires, but i don't remember what he got.
paul_gt4
this is a debate that will never end with people constantly spending money and bettering their cars, my car will be quick and i will be expecting very good 1/4 times but by far there will be a few celica's in the UK quicker. I'm sure there is people on here who have registered and never posted who will have quick cars, i have browsed here and other forums and never posted for a while, so i'm sure there will be a few backroom people in the shadows. Being the fastest doesn't mean the best, when i got my car i learned very quickly that a smaller powered car could easily beat me as traction was a major problem for me with the original suspension set up, i spent more time spinning wheels right up to 4th gear in the wet, soon i adapted my driving style and the configuration of the car and then i became more confident, you have to remember i came from a 250bhp Carlos Sainz Gen5 to a 530bhp over night, to put this in perspective i went to the Nurburgring in Aug '07 and went round in a respectable early 11s for my 1st lap which was wet, i think that if i went round in the gen6 now i don't think i could anywhere near that as the sainz was perfectly powered for my capabilities at the ring, whereas the faff would be constantly putting manners in me.
supershannon77
QUOTE (easternpiro1 @ Sep 16, 2008 - 7:38 PM) *
im not trying to brag, but i honestly think i have one of the fastest fwd 3sgte swaps in an ST. (besides itchy, and shannon as far as i know) i ran 14.2 my FIRST TIME EVER trying to run on a drag strip with 17 in rims and some bs khumo ecstas on there.

not to mention i had to REALLY baby the gas through first and second. i think i could have ran a 13.5 on stock motor/turbo

My car is a 5sfte...I might have the most hp on a stock block but it's nothing against most of these gt4's or swapped cars...Maybe when jim gets the st205 swap in his st he has some big plans..he might be able to keep up with some of the numbers the front wheel drive cars are running...but thats all talk right now.

Also some of these high whp numbers mean nothing if you don't have traction...so the person with the biggest numbers on there dyno sheet might not be the fastest around.

but yea I dont think my car belongs thats all thanks tho is nice to see ur name under this thread.

Edit: Defgeph ran a 13.9 in his swapped st so if we are just talking about st's he had a great run
Axel04
Here are two video's of two diff. cars an old school Corolla and a Scion TC both have a 3rd gen 3s and owned by Hard Target
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=39209856
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=23710445
Sorry for the web site couldn't load it up on photopucket. If you do have myspace look up Hard Target and look at the pictures of the car's. Lot's of fab. work on the TC. I think these are the two fastest 3rd gen 3sgte swapped cars.
tufy
QUOTE (Consynx @ Sep 19, 2008 - 5:59 PM) *
the guy who bumped this was posting about Tufy, which by 2005 I think he was still in the making...and not even a member possibly.

omg...
its almost 5 years i am a member wink.gif
time goes fast biggrin.gif
easternpiro1
hey tuffy! hows it goin? MAN! i thought there was going to be a riot when they didnt let hard target race after he wrecked! lol... since it wasnt his fault, was that oil on the track? and why did they not let him race?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.