Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is it worth it
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
trdcelica94
i have a 94 celica engine blew new engine with 25K miles is it worth it to go turbo also is 4500 a good price for the whole thing the turbo kit an gauges an hks exhaust ext...let me know guys
HaRv3sTeR
hell no...with that money you can go with a 3S-GTE engine...anyway If i was you...i'd put that money on lowering first wink.gif
trdcelica94
i have dont the whole suspension thing need to update pics...hehe
playr158
i'd say its worth it
if that includes the new motor, the turbo kit, fully tunned ect..
SlowCelica94
If you want me to be honest, get a stock engine. Dumping money in cars is a big waste of cash. But god is it fun. Basically, tuning your car is just an expensive hobby. A hobby that will comsume your life. all your thoughts during work will be about about how you'll spend the money you've just earned. You'll spend long nights on your computer researching what part you need to beat the next guy. You'll max out your credit cards and live off of ramen for months if it means you can make your car faster. Racing will consume you.

But if I had to do it all over again...I wouldn't change a thing.
Junior
3SGTE swap. 4500 is way too much.
lagos
for 4 grand...get a 3sgte swap. its a factory turbo motor and will be more realibable then any turbo kit.
Bigmeanbulldog55
If it's a new motor, you always have the option of putting that one supercharger on it. It's a complete kit. It's on the boards somewere.
playr158
"If you want me to be honest, get a stock engine. Dumping money in cars is a big waste of cash. But god is it fun. Basically, tuning your car is just an expensive hobby. A hobby that will comsume your life. all your thoughts during work will be about about how you'll spend the money you've just earned. You'll spend long nights on your computer researching what part you need to beat the next guy. You'll max out your credit cards and live off of ramen for months if it means you can make your car faster. Racing will consume you."

isn't that the gosh darned truth and let me tell you its rediculously addictive and hard to stop
SlowCelica94
Some times I think I shoulda just started doing coke insted of modding cars. Might of been cheaper
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.