Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I might be getting rid of the Celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
darksecret
Alright when my dad first bought the car for my brother he got it from a shady little dealership for $6,700 2 years ago, well I took up the payments on it since it's of course a Celica, well I went to get the registration renewed and find out that the dealership told the bank and my dad it had a clean title, well it doesn't it's registered in NC with a salvage so i'm giving the car back to my dad and he's sueing for the cost of the car. Well since i'll be out a car and have $6,700 to get another I think i'll be getting this one if it's still in good shape (when I talked to the first owner of the Celica he did say he wrecked it but it wasn't more than a bent fender and busted bumper, and the chassis is still in factory form or he got a hell of a body shop to fix it).
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...sp=y&cardist=49
dustin15brown
damn everyone is letting go of their celi's..... frown.gif
darksecret
I don't want to but to get an FD I think I might, plus I have a friend that specializes in FD's http://www.9000rpms.com/gallery.htm
blu94gt
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Jul 21, 2005 - 9:43 AM)
[right][snapback]315019[/snapback][/right]

i'm keeping mine for a looooong time biggrin.gif
Kadett
Me 2. At least for another 5-7 years i hope!!
jgreening
QUOTE(darksecret @ Jul 21, 2005 - 9:27 AM)
Alright when my dad first bought the car for my brother he got it from a shady little dealership for $6,700 2 years ago, well I took up the payments on it since it's of course a Celica, well I went to get the registration renewed and find out that the dealership told the bank and my dad it had a clean title, well it doesn't it's registered in NC with a salvage so i'm giving the car back to my dad and he's sueing for the cost of the car. Well since i'll be out a car and have $6,700 to get another I think i'll be getting this one if it's still in good shape (when I talked to the first owner of the Celica he did say he wrecked it but it wasn't more than a bent fender and busted bumper, and the chassis is still in factory form or he got a hell of a body shop to fix it).
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...sp=y&cardist=49
[right][snapback]315012[/snapback][/right]

Did you see that the ad says the car does not have a title? Stolen? Salvage?
ghostdog
an FD is a great choice. but you have to admit getting one for 5500 is a bit shady. they are fragile cars to begin with, and they usually go for atleast 10k. make your own conclusions
darksecret
Don't know i'm going to check it out this weekend, it looks like it's missing a headlight though. I forgot to mention that is the R1 version, only 1,177 were made for '93, yet '93 7's are the most common.
Silver94CelicaOwner
I thought about making payments on an FD a while back when I considered selling my Celica. But that idea quickly vanished when I realized I could never drive it in the winter or in much rain, good maintainence would be hard to come by with the rotary engine, and that insurance would absolutely suck.

Thats why I decided to keep the Celica for good, but thats also because I just dont like the looks of many performance oriented cars that you can get for that money. rolleyes.gif
Jaws4God
sorry its gotta go :-(

I was looking forward to getting your help on the GT4 engine swap after you did it :-(

but good luck with finding a car and you know you are always welcome on QCTuners.com

When you get a car... bring it to the next meet so we can check it out ! :-D
darksecret
It determines the more I sit here looking at the FD the more I want to change my mind, an FD is great but there is something about this one, I know $5,500 is low, the cheapest i've ever seen one was $8,000 it was stock and it was in alright shape (typical of a used car but not an FD). I would just find another Celica but another 5 speed GT is hard to come by, i'm also considering an AWD DSM which would fall into my range, most likely a Talon or Stealth, I had a FWD Talon TSi auto that was alright but this time I would like a 5 speed and AWD. IDK if it's more hassle than it's worth to file the suit i'll just keep this car, god knows how it got totalled unless the entire front clip was replaced, it even has the factory paint under the hood.
95CelicaST
I would get myself a newer DSM.. like 95-96ish. I was able to drive a 95 Talon TSi not too long ago and it was amazing. The guy is my friend's uncle and he owns a Mitsu shop over here. He has a 16G, 3" exhaust all the way including the DP, BOV ect. it just sat there and spun for a second (not too long, as it is AWD) but long enough to where we got some smoke. He is putting on the Dyno later this week and I will post the HP and Torque
tin_foil
whatever you do, don't get a dodge stealth, get a 3000GT. They're much cooler. Hey, I've got an idea, how about you trade me your celi for my 3000GT! I'd be up for it. smile.gif
o0black0o

I'll never let mine go.. I bought it at its worse and saw potential!
It had a salvage and rebuilt title, wasn't taken care of, had 148k miles on it.

Today its a mean little machine that runs very strong now smile.gif
o0black0o
BTW: Ive put 2k into it and it has 2k more to go smile.gif
tin_foil
yeah, that's my plan. I've now been looking for "the right" celica to come along for over six months now. I just want something cheap, beat up, and hopefully got even running(although that's a hard thing to find with a Toyota), that I just drop a 3s into, and mod the hell out of it. It's sort of starting to get to me though. I spend hours and hours a week watch for the right one. I just want my damn Celica! biggrin.gif
darksecret
The Stealth is basically a 3000GT (yeah the GT does look better), they have the same potential though (friend of mine has a 526whp Stealth R/T AWD), plus any year 3000GT VR-4 is very hard to find for a good price. It will probably be a '95 Talon TSi AWD that I choose, it's the best out of the box potential for the best price (I got my '96 TSi for $3,000).

As for my Celica I did some research with people other than the previous owner and the car has been put into a ditch at 90 mph (police est.) and it has been flipped before, the trim line above the side glass (driver and passenger) has about a 1/4" gap the is about 2' long so that is a good sign it's been rolled, plus the sunroof is new and the windshield isn't original. I will say the body shop that worked on this car did an excellent job considering what has been done, but being able to get the money that the car was purchaced for is hard to turn down. I had a plan to convert it to a 3SGTE RWD car, but I will not do anything major to any car that has been through what this car has, so later i'll still keep this plan in mind, besides i'm working on getting a 4G63 into an '02 Lancer OZ, even though it uses a 4G block it is still harder than it seems. Also my car still has about $1,600 left on it and that means i'll have $5,100 (or somehting around that range) for another car so even the AWD Talon might be a little out of my range.
Silver94CelicaOwner
QUOTE(tin_foil @ Jul 24, 2005 - 1:55 PM)
yeah, that's my plan. I've now been looking for "the right" celica to come along for over six months now. I just want something cheap, beat up, and hopefully got even running(although that's a hard thing to find with a Toyota), that I just drop a 3s into, and mod the hell out of it. It's sort of starting to get to me though. I spend hours and hours a week watch for the right one. I just want my damn Celica!  biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]316290[/snapback][/right]

tin foil, do you not like your 3000GT for some reason? What model is it and what is it that makes you want a Celica so badly instead of your GT if you dont mind me asking?
ILuvMyCelica95
QUOTE(blu94gt @ Jul 21, 2005 - 11:23 AM)

i'm keeping mine for a looooong time biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]315025[/snapback][/right]

yeah me too! no more of this Celica selling!!!!
Digndoug
One thing you want to think about when buying a car. first off im sure most of use here are in college or going to be or are just out of. You dont want to have to work your ass off in college to just afford a car. I want a car sooo bad, but i came to the conclusion that A: I like my car a lot. B: it runs awsome. C: Theres not a thing wrong with it and in two years of owning it, iv only done minimal mant. on it. like oil filters and other filters and simple things, nothing big.

Once you get into the dsm, turbo line up, your going to have lots of problems. You get into any real power car, more problems.. an most of the time there not worth it.

Im gunna wait until im done school and hopfully the celi will last that long, then just get an M3 my dream car. plan smart and simple.
darksecret
I agree that is why I am not getting the FD, it's a little to low in price and even if it ran fine most likely sooner than later will something go wrong with it (as most know FD's are very unreliable as daily cars, and god help me if it doesn't have all the recall work done). I've had a DSM and they really aren't that bad, i'll be able to get the car and might even have the money left over for a turbo upgrade and boost controller.
SlowCelica94
Rotaries aren't as unreliable as you guys think. If you know what proper maintance to do to them, they'll run pretty damn long. I've seen rotaries with 200k with no rebuilds
darksecret
Yeah but it's hard to find them being well maintained unless they're modded. I checked with PSI and they said that they would jump on a $5,500 FD, but most of the employees there drive them (I think one has an R32 Skyline though). They are really good cars but for that price I think i'll try to find a TSi AWD that would be in much better shape.
SlowCelica94
an FD for 5 grand? Yeah, it probably doesnt even have a motor. Be a man, get a T2. Come to the dark triangle side.
darksecret
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...981&cardist=966
Like this one, yeah they rate 14.4 quarters so I might look into it, after researching the 1st gen DSM's I think i'll pass on the 2nd gens, they do look better but the 1st gen came with the 14b, weighed a little less, and didn't have as much of a tendancy to crankwalk. I'll research a little more on the TII and se what I can find out.
Illyont
If I were to buy an RX-7 I would go for the second generation Turbo II non convertible (FC). Like the one in Initial D.. Only in another color but white. I like their looks way better than the third generation (FD)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.