Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad Day
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
JoKeRkId613
As the whole world know, the last year for the Celi is 05. I knew that, of course, but I've been real caught up with work that I haven't been online much except for 6GC. I went on the Toyota website and it's kind of sad not to see the two sports cars there anymore. I guess the tC wins. Whatever. Just felt like posting something. Goodbye to the MR2 and the Celi. frown.gif

And then TRD is discontinuing their crap. What's the world comming to? I guess it's time to buy a new car! Lol. J/K. I hope my Celi didn't hear that. wink.gif
Jdog1385
damn bro, you just put me in a bad mood, lol.

but yea its a real shame
Cutrara
The closest thing Toyota has to a sports car now is the Solara, and thats just a 2-door Camry. frown.gif
JoKeRkId613
QUOTE(Cutrara @ Jul 23, 2005 - 4:59 PM)
The closest thing Toyota has to a sports car now is the Solara, and thats just a 2-door Camry. frown.gif
[right][snapback]316007[/snapback][/right]

Toyota does have a sports car. The tC. That is a 2-door camry! Damn 2AZ!!! If you don't want to count in Scion or Lexus, then yeah, the closest thing Toyota has to a sports car is the Solara. This sucks.
hellsyphon
lol dont get me started about the tC... the only thing that is going for that car is its looks, comfortable ride, quietness, and aftermarket support. The car's brakes are horrible and the brake pedal feels spongy and you have to push it pretty far to stop the car. The handling is ponderous and its maddeningly quiet in there. I felt like when I was accelerating that I was going back in time!

Personally quietness, anemic acceleration, and mediocre handling, and a chasis based off a european family sedan does not inspire a sporty sense in that vehicle.

I think the celica was a pretty stab at making a sporty coupe. It was light, handling was very capable, and everything about it just felt sporty. Good luck to Toyota in making anything "sporty". Then again Toyota never has done well with the younger crowd and thats what the Scion brand is for. *sigh* I'll miss ya celi and mr.2 frown.gif
Bigmeanbulldog55
We'll allways have what they did make. I think I'm going to be like some of those muscle car guys are. I'm only going to drive cars that I grew up with. Everything coming out is crap. The 90's were the best for cars. That's were I'll live, from now, till I die.
Cutrara
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Jul 23, 2005 - 8:48 PM)
QUOTE(Cutrara @ Jul 23, 2005 - 4:59 PM)
[right][snapback]316007[/snapback][/right]

Toyota does have a sports car. The tC. That is a 2-door camry! Damn 2AZ!!! If you don't want to count in Scion or Lexus, then yeah, the closest thing Toyota has to a sports car is the Solara. This sucks.
[right][snapback]316019[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I was talking about the Toyota line, If I was talking about Toyota/Lexus/Scion I would have said the Scion tC and the Lexus SC430. wink.gif Now the SC430, thats a sports car. Sooo hot. 4.3 liter V8 hardtop convertible. But they don't come in a stick frown.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention, the Solara literally is a 2-door Camry, its full name is the Toyota Camry Solara. wink.gif
tin_foil
seriously, what is this world coming to? Have you guys seen the new '06 Eclipse? The thing is so ugly(imo). And I don't know why they even call it an Eclipse any more. 3.8L v6 engine with 260 hp. Its more like a 3000GT than anything else Mitsubishi has made. I must say, I will miss being able to kick Eclipse a$$ though.... biggrin.gif
Cutrara
I like the styling, I think it looks futuristic. Nice Power, but I hear the brakes suck.
mr_dude
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Jul 23, 2005 - 7:07 PM)
We'll allways have what they did make.  I think I'm going to be like some of those muscle car guys are.  I'm only going to drive cars that I grew up with.  Everything coming out is crap.  The 90's were the best for cars.  That's were I'll live, from now, till I die.
[right][snapback]316055[/snapback][/right]

Word, when I'm 50 my garage will have a '96 Supra, '99 3000GT, '95 NSX, and my coffee table will be a '95 Civic spoiler.

I think every other decade has been good for cars. By 2011 we'll have the fuel thing figured out and sports cars will be available again.
tin_foil
Lets hope so....

I saw The Island last night(great movie btw) and afterwards I was talking to my friend about it, and was like, "with all these futuristic movies that have come out lately it sort of sucks, cause the next 3 or 4 generations of cars are already dictated what they have to look like". lol
Cutrara
Agree with Mr. Dude on the decade thing.

In 'Back to the Future Part 2' cars flew in the year 2015, I don't think cars will be flying in 10 years, so movies don't decide what cars are like. wink.gif
o0black0o
God damn.. That tottally sucks one of the major manufats of toyota products is discontinued and toyota is no longer making their celica.

So does this mean celica parts are going to be much expensive and harder to find for us? I would think so....

Cutrara
Probably not for us, but the 7th gen guys might be paying more for stuff.
easternpiro1
$@!!%#$* freakin toyota...im sick of those wankers..... they are ruining everything!!!!!! what is the MATTER with them? that does it...im gettin a honda....

im just playin...but it DOES sound tempting!
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(easternpiro1 @ Jul 24, 2005 - 10:55 PM)
$@!!%#$* freakin toyota...im sick of those wankers..... they are ruining everything!!!!!! what is the MATTER with them?  that does it...im gettin a honda....

im just playin...but it DOES sound tempting!
[right][snapback]316372[/snapback][/right]

I'm just wating for the right honda to come along, then I'll trade off the Celica. It'll be sad to see her go. But a month later when I've bought cams, injectors, header, and CAI for the same price as a Header for the Celica. I'll be happy, and resiably fast.
Akimbo
me and my buddy want to find the very last celica ever produced
JoKeRkId613
^goodluck
azian_advanced
i think the 90s toyota sport cars were the best ever.
-MKII MR2
-5gc & 6gc
-MKIV Supra

never liked the 2000+ toyotas really....
elvasoshexai
makes me wanna go honda
Illyont
Okey, I opened my browser and went on to toyota.no.. As I already knew, Toyota will still sell the Celica and MR2 in Norway (probably in all of Europe and Asia for years to come).

America seems to be f'ed though.. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.