Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few Questions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
o0black0o
Hey guys, first questions is where can I get a header and a manifold for 1.8L ST?

2nd, What effects will changing out my fuel filter and oil filter have?

3rd, I have a 2 1/4 piping from cat-back. Anyway, im wondering what the difference is if the pipe is strait from the cat to back? And what the difference is from my car having it strait then at the end it swirls around my suspension or something.
SlowCelica94
QUOTE(o0black0o @ Jul 28, 2005 - 8:30 PM)
Hey guys, first questions is where can I get a header and a manifold for 1.8L ST?

2nd, What effects will changing out my fuel filter and oil filter have?

3rd, I have a 2 1/4 piping from cat-back. Anyway, im wondering what the difference is if the pipe is strait from the cat to back? And what the difference is from my car having it strait then at the end it swirls around my suspension or something.
[right][snapback]317790[/snapback][/right]

1- Ebay.
2- Your car should run better and you may gain back some hp, but not likely. Do it anyways, it's routine maintance.
3- if it's straight, it's a better flow path. The shorter the path, and the less bends, the better. But on a Celica, it doesn't really matter. There won't be a power difference.

Have a good one. And thanks for not asking about body kits and the such.
o0black0o
Well.. I felt a huge difference in power and alot more acceleration when I got it. I swear I got at least 15 hp from it. Anyway I wanted it for gas mileage and some proformance.

So are you saying that a striat flow path is better? And in what ways. and why would if not matter for a celica?
FAQdaWorld
Better flowing exhaust can get you some gains in power, but in the celica its pretty useless to bother w/ the na power route, it can be done but its gonna cost you. The most efficient means to get power out of the celica motor is gonna be a turbo setup, unless you just want to 'look and sound fast' then you can just get a cat back / muffler and intake. That is usually more than enough for most people. In theory they'll give you some hp / tq. But realistically not enough that you'd feel the difference.

SlowCelica94
QUOTE(FAQdaWorld @ Jul 29, 2005 - 7:13 AM)
Better flowing exhaust can get you some gains in power, but in the celica its pretty useless to bother w/ the na power route, it can be done but its gonna cost you. The most efficient means to get power out of the celica motor is gonna be a turbo setup, unless you just want to 'look and sound fast' then you can just get a cat back / muffler and intake. That is usually more than enough for most people. In theory they'll give you some hp / tq. But realistically not enough that you'd feel the difference.
[right][snapback]318025[/snapback][/right]

I couldn't of said it better myself
o0black0o
Gah... Didn't know that I spent 300 bucks for about 3-5 Hp.. Oh well..

Does it at least give me better gas mileage?
o0black0o
Where do we get Turbos for our 6gc? I've never knew they made them for celicas period tell I heard people installing them here.

FAQdaWorld
Turbo's are universal in application. So long as you can get a turbo manifold, and all the stuff needed. Check out the how to archive, theres a how to turbo article in there that is VERY good.

I guess in theory you are getting slightly better gas mileage w/ the new exhaust, but once again its like in the hundredths of a percent better probably, its not gonna be the difference between 25 mpg, and 30 mpg, prolly more like, 25.2 mpg if that smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.