Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: beams red top
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
maikl
is there anyone of you who knows a company or someone who makes modifications for ss-iii vvt-i beams engine? if you do please let me know
west_minist
Maikl!

Please let me put your thoughts to rest.

Your engine is no different to the other 3SGE engines.

Any company like SP Engineering and companies in New Zealand can do that for you.

The only problem that you may have later is if you upgraded your cams to 262+ where you will then lose VVT-i., which would not be a problem.
Rivo
I want a BEAMS 3SGE! Don't suppose anybody would know where I could get one, do they? rolleyes.gif
maikl
QUOTE (west_minist @ Apr 28, 2003 - 8:42 AM)
Maikl!

Please let me put your thoughts to rest.

Your engine is no different to the other 3SGE engines.

Any company like SP Engineering and companies in New Zealand can do that for you.

The only problem that you may have later is if you upgraded your cams to 262+ where you will then lose VVT-i., which would not be a problem.

what you say is that all the internall compoments pistons cams valves retainers e.t.c are the same? how about the ecu?
west_minist
Ok. please don't go into such detail.

Yes in a since. I believe over 96 -97+ are the same.

As I told you before many times, go to www.todaracing.com www.junauto.com and check for 3SGE parts there.

All that you really need to do in your case is just a apexi safc or an ecu like motec 48 or autronics sm with 3sge harness adapter, new 550 injectors, header and ignition system and normal other filer and exhaust mods.

Please chat with toda. There are very nice.
west_minist
QUOTE (Rivo @ Apr 28, 2003 - 10:48 AM)
I want a BEAMS 3SGE! Don't suppose anybody would know where I could get one, do they? rolleyes.gif

get one from toysport of jarcoinc.com
Kwanza
QUOTE (maikl @ Apr 28, 2003 - 8:53 AM)

what you say is that all the internall compoments pistons cams valves retainers e.t.c are the same? how about the ecu?

Most of the internal mechanical components are the same... The electircal system may be a bit different, but all in all, the engine is still a 3SGE... The pistons and head set-up is a bit different, built for higher compression, but unless you're gonna modify those parts specifically, it's not a big deal.

As far as modifications go, bolt-ons are bolt-ons...regardless of how "special" your engine might be, it will work if it was designed for that series motor. There are no special "Beams VVT-i 3SGE" parts, unless those parts are specifically not-universal with the beams version motor. Usually, when your mods get to the point where it will all be specialized parts for that motor, it'll be all custom made parts anyways.

Phr0z3n664
I'm confused on the losing vvti, how would the cams affect that?
abatardi
Because the camshafts are the integral part of the VVT-i

if you upgrade to a non-vvt camshaft, you lose vvt

- aba
west_minist
Things are looking nice here redface.gif
Rivo
Though upgrading to non-vvti camshafts is most likely going to give you more gains than what you're losing with the vvti, so I would think it's ok.
west_minist
Rivo!

You do not lose anything with vvt-i.

Just upgrading to bigger cams can help or break you performance.

Do some reading and you will see what I am talking about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.