Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idle problem.. clutch?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
ShadowFX
my idle used to be at around 800rpm all the time.. I got my clutch replaced yesterday, and now the idle is around 1,200rpm. why could this be?

wednesday afternoon (day before clutch got rplaced) i had also redone my grounding.. had the neg terminal off the battery for about half an hour.. could the ECU have reset?
ShadowFX
After driving it tonight, the idle has dropped to 1,000rpm, from the 1,2000rpm that it was at this morning.. could the ECU be resetting itself?
ShadowFX
i lived with this prob for a few months. then had to do some more audio work, so had to take off the negative again, for around an hour or so. now the idle is back up around 1,400rpm, and has dropped to 1,200rpm since yesterday

does anyone know what i can do to try and get the idle back to 800 rpm?
Dr_Tweak
Well the computer does need to relearn the idle but normally it has that taken care of after some normal driving cycles. I'm thinking that you have a vacuum leak somewhere that's causing it.

-Doc
ShadowFX
where can i check for vacuum leaks? any where in patricular?
Cutrara
Vacuum line off the TB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.