Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scion TC
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Celicav
Man, this new model seems to be a big success for Toyota. I live in a pretty populated area and I see them all over the road. They may be a little faster than our GT cars (160 HP, about 2,900 lbs I believe), and damn hot looking. And a great value for all the features on the car. Of course, I love my Celica more b/c it is hotter and less common, but what is your impression of this TC? Anyone driven one?
wuhukf
I test drove 3 of them and they're pretty weak in the first couple gears. But your right, great value and pretty nice looking. The clutch and the shifter are both a bit too soft for me, but overall a good car.
celicaST
ive never driven one but my friend is getting one here in the next month or so, so ill be sure to check it out smile.gif. ya definitely seems like a great value and its the only scion that i like the looks of. i saw a kid driving a xb the other day with an angled hat and i couldnt help but laugh.
dustin15brown
Wrong forum I believe..... But on subject I dont know much about them to like them or not
ghostdog
I've seen quite a few around too. seems like toyota is doing real well with this one.

can't say I particularly liked the one I test drove tho. felt like a camry rolleyes.gif
Fastbird
I wanted to buy one but decided it wasn't time to spend that much and got my 6GC instead. I really like the TC, it handles like it's on rails but the automatic equipped cars are extremely anemic.
darksecret
I like them and it seems the only thing me and Kwanza have ever agreed on is that sorry a** sunroof adds more weight than it should, it's already able to run with the IS300 from a roll imagine if you replaced that roof with some metal that thing would haul a**.
Andason
i dont like them simply because they are substituting this crap for the celica and mr2.

a box on wheels? come on now. scion.... grrrr
darksecret
^^^^^^^^
Yeah Toyota hasn't been right in the US since the late-'90's, I mean you need to spend $35,000 to get anything reasonable and the GT-S and MR-S never caught on (well the GT-S did but it was treated more like a Honda than Toyota). Even with the FE head the tC is about the best thing Toyota has right now in the US, even the Lexus 300 cars only have watered down N/A Supra motors, maybe Toyota should get open border rights, lol.
hellsyphon
eh the only thing that I like about the tC is the sunroof, looks and the features. I was really disappointed by the car in everything else. It is extremely slow and it handles like decently well but you can feel its 3000 pounds through every turn. That and from what I can tell the trunk is a joke. Value wise it is a bargain, but the TRD supercharger costs 4500 dollars and you might as well get an RSX Type S in that price range.
urbandork
i call them toyota civics cus everyone has one.

On top of the weight issue they i really dont like how high they sit. My car looks super low sitting next to one.

I do have to say i like the sun roof tho.
JoKeRkId613
Well I think the tC is an awesome car and I wish I could buy one. I can, but I decided not to make payments, especially with school starting again later in August. I don't want a headache with car payments. But if I could, I'd buy the tC. I love it. It's fast, I don't know what everyone here is saying. I mean, for the price it's pretty quick, obviously other cars are faster and if you've driven real fast cars then this is nothing special. But the 2AZ is pretty strong and handling is great. The manual is A LOT faster than the automatic, but I've driven the auto myself and I think it's pretty fast. The interior and exterior design are extremely hot. I love the car. I don't know about that Toyota Civic comment... But they're pretty respected around here as cars that are a hell of a lot faster than most around here in Miami. Especially in stock form.
kbprice
My dad has a tC, the thing is nice. 5 speed, lots of room. We drove it from Tampa to Dayton a couple months back for a Scion meet. Lots of nice tricked out xA, xB and tC's. I thing the latest issue of one of the tuner magazines has a tC from Scion Speed that was at the show. Nice car lots O power... bowdown.gif

user posted image
gizmo99360
i bought a tc after i totalled my celica...i was unsure about them too...but i love them, i got the tC RS1, and you dont see many of those
Fastbird
QUOTE(gizmo99360 @ Jul 31, 2005 - 10:26 PM)
i bought a tc after i totalled my celica...i was unsure about them too...but i love them, i got the tC RS1, and you dont see many of those
[right][snapback]318883[/snapback][/right]

Is that the red limited edition one?? I test drove one of those, it was an auto. Call me crazy but it had that TRD exhaust on it and I HATED it. That, and there's no way I could negotiate Jersey traffic with an auto TC.......soooo sloooooooooowwwwwwwwww........

I never got the chance to test out a stick though. Found my 99 soon thereafter.
creis
I like them, I'm not a huge fan of the looks, but there is so much potential to be a reall good looking car, I want to test drive one but I dont think a dealer would let me (I'm 20)
hellsyphon
I'm sure a dealer would let you take a test drive as long as you have a driver's liscense on ya. The RS1 is a sweet car but that car is way too quiet for me. I test drove an RS1 with a TRD exhaust and I couldnt even hear it frown.gif its too camryish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.