Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broke my axle
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
macavely
so i have a broken axle ... passanger side one... i guess i can add that to the list of stuff i have broken on the celi .. lol ...
lagos
remember to take your old one and new one to a local shop to have the bearing bracket pressed off and back on to the new one if your new axel dosnt come with one.
Supersprynt
eh just use duct tape.

or ur specialty - zip ties.
slipgun
Zip ties pown
macavely
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Jul 31, 2005 - 12:55 PM)
eh just use duct tape.

or ur specialty - zip ties.
[right][snapback]318731[/snapback][/right]

LOL what do you think is holding it in place right now.. lol ..
SlowCelica94
4,400rpm clutch drops and wheel hop like a mother here. And still no busted axels. Knock on wood
macavely
QUOTE(SlowCelica94 @ Jul 31, 2005 - 5:42 PM)
4,400rpm clutch drops and wheel hop like a mother here. And still no busted axels. Knock on wood
[right][snapback]318819[/snapback][/right]

that won't brake it ... lol... something falling off a truck .. hitting it .. going air born and your front wheel hit landing on the curb ... will brake it..
Batman722
Mac, you suck biggrin.gif
macavely
Dustin .. no i don't suck ... might lick but thats OT ...

but i wonder how long i will be able to drive on a broken axle
Batman722
hahahahahaha, good luck Mac wink.gif
lagos

i wouldnt try to test that.. .cause if it breaks on you while driving, youll be stuck having to tow the car cause it wont even limp home if one breaks (i had that happen, lucky i could push the car back into the garage when it happend ... lol )

the hardest part about changing axels is getting a good rebuild from the parts store, and getting that bracket pressed on/off.
macavely
QUOTE(lagos @ Aug 1, 2005 - 1:13 AM)

i wouldnt try to test that.. .cause if it breaks on you while driving, youll be stuck having to tow the car cause it wont even limp home if one breaks (i had that happen, lucky i could push the car back into the garage when it happend ... lol )

the hardest part about changing axels is getting a good rebuild from the parts store, and getting that bracket pressed on/off.
[right][snapback]319010[/snapback][/right]

oh i know this.... but i won't have that problem... i'll get the axle next week...and take it to my uncle's shop ...
lagos
oh ok smile.gif

id like to recomend 3 bottles of pensoil synchromesh when u go refill the tranny, its really good stuff !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.