Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need some ideas
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
seth042280
I have the dr.cai intake . custom exhaust .now i need ideas the next step ..but keep in mind I will be swapping my engine out so the parts I use will have to be universal . I am basically prepping the car for the next engine . I was thinking about the apexi afc II.
Rivo
That'll work, though might be different hookups on a new engine. If it's a 3sgte you're swapping in, then there's a writeup on alltrac.net on how to install the afc for that engine. Are you looking for just engine mods? There's not really too many universal engine mods. Ignitions, like Crane, or MSD are universal. EMS's are. I'd say work on suspension, and leave the engine alone for now.
seth042280
I have coilovers on it .I guess interior is next . but the ingnition will have to wait . I mean if your gonna do .go all out . plugs wires coils and ignition. which ends up being like 600 dollars. I am thinking about the 4afe .it seems the cheapest and easiest .
edo17982
Just to know....why you want to swap a 4AFE which basically is a 7AFE but 1.6 instead of 1.8???? confused.gif confused.gif
If u want a 4A would be better a 4AGE or 4AGZE or, better, the 4AGE 20V....think about it wink.gif wink.gif
seth042280
my bad I meant the 4age . I think its the silvertop or something . the afc will be the last mod I do until; the engine which I have seen most of them for about 600 plus shipping . I will look for a junk yard engine loval though so i can avoid a 500 dollar shipping fee. I wonder how much it will cost to swap ..anyone have a rough idea ?
97sccelica
you wont find a silver top in ANY AMERICAN JUNKYARD. that was a JDM only engine. and just so you know, it will only make your car as fast as a celica GT, so the 4agze would make for more power and replacement parts are available in the US.

look for a supercharged mr2 in the local junk yards.
celi_gt_racer
go with the 4a-gze... or maybe even do like john (mynzeyes) and harvest a 165 hp ae-92 4a-gze.... lucky f***er!.... have fun with ur mods
seth042280
Yeah I figure instead of trying to beef up to gerbil . just save the money and get a better engine. Well that does it . I will look for the mr2 levin supercharged engine. what am I looking for ? engine with ecu and tranny ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.