Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: food for thought question...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
van95st
I was reading in a post earlier on the pros and cons of turbo or s/c'd engines and there was this small bit about how the turbo increases power when your engine is working harder, that I understand, more fuel burned more combustion gases more energy to spin the turbo. My question is if you have a turbo and run the air conditioner thereby increasing engine load at idle would it increase power upon launch. I'm assuming that the power is increased more than linearly with the amount that the engine is working.

Prolly a dumb question but that's what happens to a mind during a 12 hour shift at work without any other mental stimulation... biggrin.gif
97sccelica
more load = faster spool up

but really, it wont help, sure, it would spool up faster, but its also taking away some power

best to leave the AC off when you want to go fast.
[Freemantle]
QUOTE(97sccelica @ Aug 2, 2005 - 3:19 AM)
more load = faster spool up

but really, it wont help, sure, it would spool up faster, but its also taking away some power

best to leave the AC off when you want to go fast.
[right][snapback]319371[/snapback][/right]

Comparing the resistance of the bearings in the A/C compressor and motor resistance to the other systems (such as the curb load of the car), any gain would be moot, not to mention the efficency the A/C condensor would steal from your intercooler and radiator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.