Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEED HELP QUICKLY!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
jayd265
last night i was driving my car and the temperture went past hot and started smoking. i pulled over, killed it, and let it cool. we put anti freeze in it and it ran fine. i just went to a place and it got hot again. we let it cool and put more antifreeze. its not leaking and no water is getting in the oil. what do you think is wrong? we thought it was the radiator but nothing is leaking. please email me or post in the forum if u know whats wrong. it will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Galcobar
Any white smoke in the exhaust? That would indicate a coolant leak into the combustion chambers.

However, simple question -- anybody check the water pump is working? No water circulation, not much cooling.
jayd265
theres no white smoke. we will cehck the water pump shortly. thank u!!
Junior
thermostat? If you keep dumping coolant and there is no leak it will eventually overflow.
jayd265
ok i went and bought a thermostat and we changed it out. and so far its working fine. we will just have to wait and see til tomorrow when im driving it. lets hope for the best!
Rjb23
QUOTE(jayd265 @ Aug 7, 2005 - 3:21 AM)
ok i went and bought a thermostat and we changed it out. and so far its working fine. we will just have to wait and see til tomorrow when im driving it. lets hope for the best!
[right][snapback]321361[/snapback][/right]

If the thermostat doesn't fix it which it probably will. It could be that your fan is not working, or that your radiator is bad. I'm not sure if this happens with toyotas but jeep radiators(peice of crap chryslers) the little fins in the radiator rust and break away from the tubes, causing it to overheat because those little fins are what helps to dissapate heat.

But the thermostat is more than likely the cause.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.