Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AIRBAG QUESTION...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
SoundSlut_dotcom
I got the strut kit.. and the hoses POP right in,, no tightening or anything, i called the company and called them like 'quick connects' or some ****.. these things look like with some air there gunna rip right off... did u have to just pop yours in with out tightening them????

confused.gif

thanx. SS.izzle
Digndoug
My brother has air struts and they pop right in, but there are connectors i think that go inside or somthign so when pressure is applied theres a back force to hold it in. But he is always having problems with lines breaking leaking, or valves stop working.. but man are they fun.
kristinw85
WHY can't anyone spell my name?!?!?!?!?! lol
Well, I wish I had the answer for that, but...... I paid a place to put my air ride on so I don't know....sorry
95gtschick
lol hey i'm with you on that.. my name is krysten as well.. but everyone wants to spell it your way tongue.gif
SoundSlut_dotcom
my sisters name is spelled kristin... ts rare so i figured urs was the usuak kristen.. lol
SoundSlut_dotcom
ne probs w ur air ride kris??
kristinw85
nope none at all
mark_426
well, i dont know about your specific application, but I have used push connect "macro" air fittings. They seal when they're pressurized.. they're like chinese finger traps biggrin.gif

with the ones i have used, if they look like this, theyre good to about 1000psi of air:
user posted image

Phat_99CeliGT
u put the hose in and slightly pull on it. it is suppose to lock in the connector.
mine r like the pic, but i have plastic ones. im not pushing mass psi to upgrade to the brass ones.
SoundSlut_dotcom
my front driver side keeps blowing out.. and i checked for leaks ,, i got mad leaks... they make thsee kits like ****
SoundSlut_dotcom
thanks for the input guys.. my damn compressor dont shut off either.. it was ruinnign for over 15 mins, i have to shut the car..
Phat_99CeliGT
when the hose pops out, u can't just pop it back in.
look at the end of the hose that keeps popping out. if it is gouged(sp?) u need to take a razor(NOT CUTTERS)and cut the bad off of the hose.

what psi pressure switch do u have?
what size compressor?
how big of a tank?

i have a 5gal. tank with 2 thomas 377 1/4hp compressors. takes about 5 minutes to fill my tank.

SoundSlut_dotcom
ok... i changed all the fittings... becuz the fittings they gave me blew goat cock.. i checked for leaks... i had about 40.. i changed all the connectors too.. the other hoeses with the old fittings kept blowing rite out....

as far as the compressor problem... my switch was 175psi... it holds 150psi... i just bought one for 135psi... for the cuttoff
SoundSlut_dotcom
1 more question maybe you would know phat... you have a 19" rim on bags, what size tire and does it rub / how much clearance do u have, I made my car alot wider.. and i was going to go with a wider size 19" rim... do u do any modifications?? thanks alot

biggrin.gif
Phat_99CeliGT
i have 18's
the widest i cacn get on the rear is 215-35-18. im not sure of the offset, but u cann't even get your pinky between the tire and the wheelwell lip.

u can try and email bkohler81.
she has 19s with bags.
Jaws4God
Do you guys have any problems with the fronts and turning? The steering is very jerky and doesn't feel right at all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.