Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leaving Toyota for a European brand
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Illyont
Decided the fifth gen is too old to use as a daily driver, and I can't have two cars. Also, safety stuff are getting better all the time. A 13 year old car (14 years in some months) just isn't gonna cut it in the long run.

Posted this info in the fun fundraiser-thread, but decided to move it into it's own thread. I don't want to steal or go too much off-topic in other peoples threads..

I got a new car today. It's not a 5th gen, and not a 05' Corolla. I know you all are gonna hate me for this, but after driving with the car for 24 hours I'm just totally sold out.

2001 Audi A4 2.0 Limo (4 doors and a regular trunk). 130 bhp and pretty strong low end. It use about half as much gas as my old Celi wink.gif And my insurrance actually goes down a bit (450$ less every year compared to the Celi/Corolla).

Car have 31 000 miles on it, waxed and polished by professionals once every year, all maintenance done at the Audi dealership, and the car was sold brand new to this 56 year old man in 2001. It looks absolutely brand new outside and inside and runs like a champ.

The guy at the dealership that is selling this car is actually one of my closest neighboors(spelling?). He cut 3150$ off the price without even arguing, and they throw in all the expenses for service/maintenance, yearly taxes and this new Europian regulations, control crap for the rest of 2005. I also get a full warranty for the next 3 months, and 8 original aluminum rims with brand new tires (summer and winter tires).

It's equipped with a double automatic A/C, 9 speakers!(they really pack a punch, belive me), electric windows, mirrors, heated mirrors and lots of really advanced electronics I have never even heard of.. They are supposed to keep the car on the road wink.gif stability this and stability that. I don't know.

The car is soo smooth and easy to drive (manual 5 speed stick of course!). Color is silver grey metallic paint and some sort of very light colored brown inside. A really large trunk and back seats can be flipped down to make almost a station wagon sort of trunk.

Complete cost for all this: 40 000$ US. I feel like this rich ass daddy's boy when driving around in this car. I'm not though.. I always pay for my own stuff.
CoSo
Congratulations on your purchase! Got any pics of the Audi?
Illyont
QUOTE(CoSo @ Aug 10, 2005 - 8:22 AM)
Congratulations on your purchase! Got any pics of the Audi?
[right][snapback]322593[/snapback][/right]

Thanks!

Pictures below:

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

Enjoy smile.gif
Digndoug
nice,
Akimbo
that's hot. shave it, drop it, tint it, put in a different grill maybe
97lestyousay
:
Illyont
QUOTE(Akimbo @ Aug 10, 2005 - 2:27 PM)
that's hot. shave it, drop it, tint it, put in a different grill maybe
[right][snapback]322678[/snapback][/right]

Shaving it is totally out of the question. But tint and some show-rims/tires along with a tiny, almost not noticable rear wing and some sideskirts are probably going to happen later. And of course painting the car all the way down.

This car can use 225/40R18. You can buy original Audi rims/tires in that dimension for this car.. Sounds kinda sick wink.gif Maybe they were even wider too, I'm to lazy to search for them atm.. Might have been 235/40R18.. But they are like 3500$ for rims only.

Dropping it is also a possibility. And the grill issue, well.. They do sell the same thing only in chrome smile.gif It looked kinda pimp, but still clean and original.

I'm calling the guy today and telling him that I'm gonna take the car. He even let me register and start using the car almost a month before I can pay him.. (this is a dealership, but wow!). That's the best treatment any car seller have given me this far. Superior customer service smile.gif

Did I mention that this one is gonna save me almost 500$ US every year in insurrance? smile.gif

EDIT: After talking with the insurrance company I ended up getting a 50% smaller insurrance. That is, compared to my old 99' Celi I'm paying half the money I had to pay for the Celi smile.gif About 2 500$ US for the Celi every year. Right now I pay 1 200$ US for the Audi A4 smile.gif Talk about deal!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.