Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe clutch
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
[Freemantle]
I knew there would be a catch in this project.

I can't seem to find a clutch for the 7afe that offers more than 1500 pounds of clamp force. This is piss poor compared to what I'm used to, and kind of eliminates swapping out to a 16g in the future.

Is there anyone out there that makes a good clutch for the 7afe?
nik
QUOTE([Freemantle] @ Aug 11, 2005 - 12:59 PM)
I knew there would be a catch in this project.

I can't seem to find a clutch for the 7afe that offers more than 1500 pounds of clamp force. This is piss poor compared to what I'm used to, and kind of eliminates swapping out to a 16g in the future.

Is there anyone out there that makes a good clutch for the 7afe?
[right][snapback]323075[/snapback][/right]

here are few good ones. Whats your power goal, what are you going to be using the car for? autoX ,drag, street?

http://www.advancedclutch.com/productcart/...1800cc,%20212mm

http://www.dualfriction.com/products.php?productid=10000

http://www.streetlevelperformance.com/Toyo...k%20Clutch.html
zipstrips
ill be selling my act clutch shortly... may want to keep an eye out for that...
[Freemantle]
QUOTE(zipstrips @ Aug 13, 2005 - 3:35 PM)
[right][snapback]323801[/snapback][/right]

PM me when you are ready to sell it. I totally forgot about centerforce. I know a guy who works for ProStreetOnline and he was giving me the impression that they couldn't source me any clutch with a torque handling capability over 193 bft/lbs.

This car is HomeMadeTurbo style speed. I'm looking to push 1 bar out of a 14b to start with, with full intention of blowing up the car. If the engine dosen't blow within a few months, a set of RC800s a big 16g and Megasquirt will be the next thing on order to ensure the engine grenades/whoops ass.

Right now, the setup is very grassroots. Custom Weld-El manifold, 3" downpipe, V-AFCII hack, 7m-gte injectors, and a secondhand 14b.

I still need to source quite a bit, namely intercooler and piping, BOV, PLX M300, Cheapass Mechanical Boost Gauge, Cheapass Mechanical Oil Pressure gauge, a way to get oil feed (Golden Eagle Sandwich adapter?)

A new exhaust and radiator would be nice too biggrin.gif.

My goal is to get 13.9x with less than $1500. I think I'm on pretty good track.
edo17982
instead of getting a mech boost controller, spend more and get electronic one. It has the capability of eliminate overpressure spikes and keep constant pressure and u can monitor it in real time and with a goooood precision.
mech boost controller bring to a blown engine if u run engine at its limit, believe me wink.gif
nik
i've got some 2.25 intercooler piping
zipstrips
QUOTE([Freemantle] @ Aug 14, 2005 - 12:55 PM)
QUOTE(zipstrips @ Aug 13, 2005 - 3:35 PM)
[right][snapback]323801[/snapback][/right]

PM me when you are ready to sell it. I totally forgot about centerforce. I know a guy who works for ProStreetOnline and he was giving me the impression that they couldn't source me any clutch with a torque handling capability over 193 bft/lbs.

This car is HomeMadeTurbo style speed. I'm looking to push 1 bar out of a 14b to start with, with full intention of blowing up the car. If the engine dosen't blow within a few months, a set of RC800s a big 16g and Megasquirt will be the next thing on order to ensure the engine grenades/whoops ass.

Right now, the setup is very grassroots. Custom Weld-El manifold, 3" downpipe, V-AFCII hack, 7m-gte injectors, and a secondhand 14b.

I still need to source quite a bit, namely intercooler and piping, BOV, PLX M300, Cheapass Mechanical Boost Gauge, Cheapass Mechanical Oil Pressure gauge, a way to get oil feed (Golden Eagle Sandwich adapter?)

A new exhaust and radiator would be nice too biggrin.gif.

My goal is to get 13.9x with less than $1500. I think I'm on pretty good track.
[right][snapback]324047[/snapback][/right]

ill have the clutch ready in the next 2-3 weeks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.