Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil filter
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celicaboston1983
hey guys i cant take my oil filter off it wont budge have tried the oil cap thing and the clap now the filter has a hole in it so i cant even drive it any ideas?
presure2
oil filter wrench.

or a screwdriver punched thru it wink.gif
celicaboston1983
oil filter wrench didnt work it just scrap the crap out of it.screwdrive punch the top middle? sorry my slowness
presure2
thru the side. just be careful not to just rip it open like that.
Snarfer
Hope you know you are only supposed to hand tighten filters when you put them on so this doesn't happen
celicaboston1983
Thanks for the info ill give it a try when i get home. I do hand tight it just dont know what happened this time this filter has been on my car for 6000 miles now cause I couldnt take it off the last oil change.
RUNNIN-LOW
try hitting the thing a couple of time..at the buttom i mean..or go and get a cap that fits over the oil filter if the top part of it isn't busted yet...
lagos
i had this problem my last oil change. the filter wouldnt come off cause the wrench attachment kept sliping off. i used one of those rubber pads between the oil filter and wrench (those rubber pads that kitchen stores have for helping you open jars and stuff) . ive also seen universal wrench attachments that get tighter as you unscrew them...that should work well.
celicaboston1983
QUOTE(lagos @ Aug 16, 2005 - 7:43 PM)
i had this problem my last oil change. the filter wouldnt come off cause the wrench attachment kept sliping off. [right][snapback]324823[/snapback][/right]

yea i hate that i had two slightly deep cuts because they wrench would slip off and my hand scrap the metal around the oil filter area

my bro called and told me he took it off thanks for the help guys im sure Ill need this info again.
user posted image

I also have that, plus my chain oil wrench, and an oil filter sockets.. One of the WILL get it off. The filter just won't be usable.. Heh heh. But it's a used filter. so eh. =) Good thing you got it off. Heh.
Defgeph
Not to be a d!k, but make sure you are trying to turn it the right way.

lefty loosey righty tighty

DEF
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.