Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cars comin back :D(pics)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Valo666
So my dad calls the body shop today to see if they are gonna b able to get it out of the shop tomorrow. So they tell my dad its gonna b ready and they also told me they fixed the dent in the drivers side 1/4 pannel and they told me they are replacing the front bumper. Mine was spiderwebbing and cracking. They took an exacto knife and chipped the paint back. There were 10 or 15 layers or red paint on it. So they said it would be 16 hours of labour to strip and prime it..so they just bought a replacement oem bumper. So im pickin up the car late tomorrow afternoon/tomorrow night..or im gettin it back on saturday. But im goin to take a look at her tomorrow after noon so ill post pics of it. But main point is..its coming back biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
playr158
BS on 16 hours of labor.......all it takes is 5min of chem stripper and it all comes off....i give it 2 hours max to work really slow......cause umm i've done it before.....

but good stuff that its coming out tomorrow
95gtschick
yeah 16 hours? maybe if you sand it by hand with like, 600 grit, lol
dustin15brown
no, no sand paper involved.. they're just gonna blow really really hard and with really really big breaths
Valo666
lol..yea well these guys are a$$clowns and have screwed me over b4..so i guess its their way 2pay me back..n the thing that sucks is i called this auto wreckers on the other side of town and they have a complete 97 front end with OEM fogs for $300cnd..and if i had called this place yesterday they could have ordered it for me.
playr158
why would you go there again....thats just dumb on your part
Valo666
QUOTE(playr158 @ Aug 18, 2005 - 10:23 PM)
why would you go there again....thats just dumb on your part
[right][snapback]325757[/snapback][/right]

??? what r u talkin about? I took my car to these guys to get the initial repairs done and the paint..but they keep f*ckin me around. Told me it would take 2 days to get the parts, took 3 weeks. Told me it would initialy take 3 weeks to replace the 1/4 pannel, we got mad and they did it in 4 days. They told us it would take 4-5 weeks for paint, we told them we need my car back end of this week for school, they say they will have it done by tomorrow. I havent takin the car to them since/it hasnt left since it went in. Im not plannin on takin it back to them ever again for any thing. They dont like to work unless u intimidate them.
playr158
yea well these guys are a$$clowns and have screwed me over b4

B4 means.....a previous encounter....meaning been there once already....before....

now if you havn't been there more then 1 time already and this is your first time there......how have they screwed you over "b4"
behindthesmile
you know dude in a couple of years you'll be doing the body work i'll be doing the engine and the rest of the stuff
Valo666
they screwed me b4..as in since it has been there, they have been screwin me around..b4 = past tense. Meaning in the past(doesnt exactly mean an other ocasion, meaning at some point in the past) they have screwed around with me. Changing the date that its gonna come out.

N yea i relize behind, this could b interesting, plus i know alot of mechanical stuff already, so if u ever need some help i could give u a hand.
behindthesmile
yep definetily got to a have a meet too someday and take some pics of our celis btw just call me paul dude
Valo666
done, bryan here..i can check my schedule for work for the next week and maybe we can meet up sometime soon. Ill PM u when i know whats goin on.
Valo666
So i went to the bodyshop today to see how its comin..its gonna b home tomorrow around 4 or 5 tomorrow nite. Sucks cuz im at work, so my dad's pickin it up. BUt figured i would add some pics..they are just finishin it up, gotta reinstall every thing(rear plastics, wing, door handels, pannels, weather stripping, glass, rear end, all the good stuff) but yea, heres some pics. i love the colour of it, sooo shiny biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

But yea..its on the way out...tomorrows gonna b a goooood day..ill post some pics when the weather's better(suppost to rain all tonight and tomorrow)
celicarus
Looks nice - great paint job - congratulations man

looking forward to see more pictures -- seemed like you used a camera phone --
Valo666
yea..couldnt find the digital camera
vangSTa_celica
Looks really good man.
Valo666
So i got it back today after work..its sooooooo good to have it back, but there r a few minor problems. 1. they missed a spot on my plate holder, 2. they did somethin n now my sub doesnt work(keeps making a loud rapid bouncing sound, even with volume down), 3. the new bumper they replaced my stock one with is all shiatted up. it looks like it was cut off a car and they took some good chunks out of it around the head lights. So I gotta go back 2 the shop on tuesday or wensday to pickup my new trunk plastics, so im gonna tell him to order me a bumper i found at a scrap yard. its off a 97 with the foglights and turns for $300 cnd(perfect condition). So they said if i have any problems, let em know n they will fix em. So hopefully it all comes back in perfet condition with nothin else wrong within the next week or so.
presure2
you know you can get a brand new bumper cover from the dealer for like 200$us, right? wink.gif
Valo666
yea..but cnd its around $550...i checked with my OEM one. + it would take like..a month n a half to get it cuz its gotta b shipped up. Stupid canadian toyota dealers have to order eveery thing from the US(Cali). I needed to get the light cover for my hatch and it took them almost a month to get it. n thats like..how big?..smaller than a dollar bill?? just think about a bumper:S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.