Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final stages
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Phat_99CeliGT
Well, its been almost 3 weeks since i took my Celica in for the body and paint work.
I went in today to check up and the have fixed my hood(i recieved it damaged, not sellers fault), fixed all dents and dings, shaved all badges and now they have started to primer it.

They said it won't be till Friday before they can paint it.
I found out it takes 3 different colors to get the Candy effect.
first coat is green with the silver in it and the other 2 r the actual Candy color.

They even sprayed a piece of sheetmetal and gave it to me.
OMG!!! Even w/o the clearcoat, its hella sweet.
I swear when its done im gonna look at it and hit the floor crying.lol

I was even thinking about changine my tag from LOFLYBY to KNDY MN(candy man) I CANDY(I Candy) or SWT2OTH(Sweet Tooth) since im getting the Candy apple paint.

Anyone have any other ideas??

Thanks for reading my babaling.
XE_Nathaniel
Prolly Sweet Tooth because Candy man makes you sound liek a pedophille =P

-Nate biggrin.gif
freestyler121
how much is the paint costing you and where you getting done? any pics of the metal?
Supersprynt
NICE COLOR !! Cant wait to see!
Seth6Gen
You must have paid a pretty penny for all that, but its going to look SOOOOOOO GOOD. Your car was allready the bomb, but now its going to be silly... sounds great man
]
-Seth
Seth6Gen
oh yeah, are you going to put a new graphic on it?

100th post w00t
Phat_99CeliGT
About the paint.
I not sure about the exact cost of the paint, but i gave them $500 for the paint and materials. If u r talking about the cost of the whole bodywork, $1500 for everything.
A couple guys i talk to when i cruise r doing the work.

Im not gonna do the grafix anymore. I don't think they would look right on the paint.
Supersprynt
Wow you got one HELLUVA deal! And i agree - with paint like that dont put stickers!
Coomer
Wow, your car is gonna be so sweet! smile.gif Is the color going to be similar to those cars with paint that turns from green to blue to purple to gold?

I can't wait to see it!
Phat_99CeliGT
QUOTE (Coomer @ May 1, 2003 - 8:01 AM)
Wow, your car is gonna be so sweet! smile.gif Is the color going to be similar to those cars with paint that turns from green to blue to purple to gold?

I can't wait to see it!

Kinda the same.
Mine is gonna have a bit of orange to it too.
they said they can add more red to it and get rid of the orange, but it would make the car darker in the shade.
3 guys there said the orange in it would just be tight as hell.

Crappy part is, in the shade the car looks stock color, but in the sun, it does its magic wink.gif
FallenHero
haha, you can go 'sleeper' at night then. well... eventually you can. I can't wait to see how it looks dude. Are they doing your jams and engine bay?
Phat_99CeliGT
Jams, under the hatch and as far down in the engine bay they cay can go. They said at shows the hoods shadow would prolly be over the engine, so u cant reeally tell the difference.
aaronc222
QUOTE (Phat_99CeliGT @ May 2, 2003 - 7:59 AM)
Jams, under the hatch and as far down in the engine bay they cay can go. They said at shows the hoods shadow would prolly be over the engine, so u cant reeally tell the difference.

Judges will look if it's a show car.
Phat_99CeliGT
Well, i went last night and it was painted.
I got there just as he was getting reaady to put on the first coat of Candy.
The base coat(light green with gold and silver pearl) looked bitchen!!

I left at about 7 and then came back at 10 and all he had to do was put the clear on it and buff it good.
OMG!!!!!!!!!
The paint looked even better on the car then on the sheet metal.

I wasn't thinking, i should have brought my camera.

He said he will be done painting everything monday, but it depends on haw fast the other guy re installs the bumperrs and all before i can get it back, so i might get it back no later then wednesday.

Im gonna take lots of pics as soon as i get it bcak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.