Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celica's finally back
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
BBoYRuGGeD
thank u DR TWEAK for this bada$$ upgrade!!!

user posted image

u can view all the details here...
http://www.northeasterntuners.com/modules....ic&t=2955#41166

anyway drove this badboy engine back home...a 400+ mile trip. this engine is awesome...and no engine related trouble at all. dr tweak = DA MAN!
Batman722
nice, Tweak is the MAN biggrin.gif
Coomer
Nice! I love 3S-GTE-powered Celicas. biggrin.gif
BBoYRuGGeD
yah it feels SO GOOD to drive it! biggrin.gif i'll update with more pics once i get the car cleaned up and the engine detailed. wink.gif

bboy
Blakout16
i dont see the 'performance upgrade' all i see is some bling bling...
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(Blakout16 @ Aug 28, 2005 - 7:28 AM)
i dont see the 'performance upgrade' all i see is some bling bling...
[right][snapback]328682[/snapback][/right]

I see that you're a little slow. Allow me to help you out.

Before:

user posted image

After:

user posted image

BBoYRuGGeD, don't forget to post in this thread: http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6255
Coomer
Haha Dr. Tweak, Aaron is kidding. wink.gif Very nice work on the swap by the way...how long did it take from start to finish?
97lestyousay
:
celicast3sgte
SWEET! I CANT WAIT TILL MY CAR LOOKS LIKE THAT! :-D

nice work, about the other thread what was the coolant sensor issue? and how hard would it be to clock my turbo like you did?
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(Coomer @ Aug 28, 2005 - 9:15 AM)
Haha Dr. Tweak, Aaron is kidding. wink.gif Very nice work on the swap by the way...how long did it take from start to finish?
[right][snapback]328691[/snapback][/right]

Oh... heh... my bad. Looked like a serious post to me...

"Looks who's slow now!!!!11 BUAHAHAHAAA!!! PWN3D!!!!11one"

It took me almost exactly two months working two days a weeks, so about 16 days. Actually more like 18 all said and done.

The major obstacles in this swap were the fact that we got the wrong ECU with the engine, and that took a while to figure out (probably added an entire two weeks to the swap). Then we also forgot to get the GT mounts, so the front and rear mounts on this car are custom parts. Then we found out that we didn't order enough intercooler piping, so that slowed us down a bit. Typical stuff, all in all it went quite well, but it could have gone a lot smoother.

-Doc

QUOTE(celicast3sgte @ Aug 28, 2005 - 9:23 AM)
SWEET! I CANT WAIT TILL MY CAR LOOKS LIKE THAT! :-D

nice work, about the other thread what was the coolant sensor issue? and how hard would it be to clock my turbo like you did?
[right][snapback]328693[/snapback][/right]

Yeap I fixed it, just a matter of a wire giving me some trouble. The hardest part of clocking the turbo is getting the angle right and then making a bracket that will hold the wastegate at the right angle and distance from the actuator.

-Doc
presure2
good work tweak!
you'll have fun with that b-boy!! smile.gif
Defgeph
Wow looks great I want one !
BLINKYxMUNKEY
sweet...my cars next, right?? i wish..
celicaboston1983
nice job. am i next
Dr_Tweak
Here's how my upcoming schedule is looking right now, for those who are thinking of getting some work done in the future:

http://www.northeasterntuners.com/modules....iewtopic&t=3061
Blakout16
haha im so funny, i laugh at myself... good job w/ the 3s swap b-boy smile.gif
slipgun
Very very nice... I cant wait till i have 5k and my engine blows up tongue.gif
HaRv3sTeR
is 1400 only for labor?

how much for the engine?
BBoYRuGGeD
QUOTE(HaRv3sTeR @ Aug 29, 2005 - 2:07 PM)
is 1400 only for labor?

how much for the engine?
[right][snapback]329041[/snapback][/right]

i paid less than that... and the engine set cost me a little over $2000 shipped

bboy
ILuvMyCelica95
QUOTE(slipgun @ Aug 29, 2005 - 8:22 AM)
Very very nice... I cant wait till i have 5k and my engine blows up  tongue.gif
[right][snapback]329028[/snapback][/right]

haha i hear that

Nice Job Doc, looks great

Have fun with it Bboy, hopefully I'll get to see it at one of the meets sometime smile.gif
Drew-887
I Wish I had that engine under the hood of my car.
Galcobar
Out of the blue, but what happened to the old engine and parts?
yarik83
start to finsish how much is the final price tag on this thing(including everything from labor to parts to extra parts etc.. I know you had to swap auto tranny and all too. I was looking at doing the same. already have tweak's business card and all.

also tweak do you have "do express install option?" cause 2 months wait would be a bit too much for me....
BBoYRuGGeD
the old engine and auto trans is still in the docs garage sitting there. had 72k miles on it when i left it there. would be a great 7age project..! biggrin.gif

the labor cost wasnt expensive...but everything else was. from engine to trans to auto-manual parts to fmic and the piping and everything else (i have an entire long long list) everything comes to around $6500. i dunno maybe even more...havent checked..lol

bboy
XxAxnCelica95xX
very nice..glad to see u got it done....nicely done.
Shigexile
nice nice
Dr_Tweak
Thanks for the props everyone, I'm pretty stinkin' jealous myself right now! HAHA

QUOTE(yarik83 @ Sep 1, 2005 - 3:57 AM)
also tweak do you have "do express install option?" cause 2 months wait would be a bit too much for me....
[right][snapback]330008[/snapback][/right]

I may just be able to help you out, depending on when you were looking to get it done. wink.gif

bboy, can you send that list of all your parts and prices along to me for reference? Thanks!

BBoYRuGGeD
sure doc. ... btw u back from ur vacation?

bboy
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(BBoYRuGGeD @ Sep 3, 2005 - 6:10 AM)
sure doc. ... btw u back from ur vacation?

bboy
[right][snapback]330735[/snapback][/right]

Yeap, just got back today. I'm awake right now (3:14 am), can't sleep for some reason, so if you want to email me just hit me up smile.gif
ToYCeLi8
QUOTE(BBoYRuGGeD @ Aug 27, 2005 - 10:41 PM)
thank u DR TWEAK for this bada$$ upgrade!!!

user posted image

u can view all the details here...
http://www.northeasterntuners.com/modules....ic&t=2955#41166

anyway drove this badboy engine back home...a 400+ mile trip.  this engine is awesome...and no engine related trouble at all.  dr tweak = DA MAN!
[right][snapback]328669[/snapback][/right]

k, is it just me or did anyone else notice that the turbo is facing down? Everyone that i have seen including mine is facing up. Thats why the piping looks kind wierd/ugly. But i like the way its set up here? Was that difficult? Then the way the AFM is position, is it really getting any air? does it affect it facing the firewall?

David
presure2
dave, "clocking" the turbo, as its called, is definetly a GOOD thing.
it eliminates the big hump over the HOT exhaust manifold, and with the right intercooler, shortens the length of piping overall. wink.gif
props tweek!
have fun with the car b-boy smile.gif
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(ToYCeLi8 @ Sep 3, 2005 - 11:11 AM)
k, is it just me or did anyone else notice that the turbo is facing down? Everyone that i have seen including mine is facing up. Thats why the piping looks kind wierd/ugly. But i like the way its set up here? Was that difficult? Then the way the AFM is position, is it really getting any air? does it affect it facing the firewall?

David
[right][snapback]330762[/snapback][/right]

Clocking the turbo itself is a pretty simple job, the hard part is making a bracket to hold the wastegate in just the right spot (since it can no longer bolt to the turbo). But yeah, it looks a lot nicer and makes for less bends and piping for sure.

-Doc
yarik83
well tweak let me start off by telling you how I got your business card-at lsp meet in NJ. I am looking for st205 engine (3rd gen 3sgte) with auto tranny to manual swap. I am looking to spend reasonable amount of money to make it do the following:

work for highway and city traffic
if it is possible to haev 2 functions of a turbo timer -whoop joor butt & normal obviously both safe for me and engine when it comes to boost etc.

time: preferably something in range where I can rent a car or something while my celi is in shop
or I drop the car off in say Jan 1 and pick it back up by Jan 19th ish

obviously one would expect the car to be drivable in that time.

here is what I am looking for: xat racing does the swap but no tranny swap (or at least so they tell me)

pay for engine+work etc etc and have it come out to a sum of money.. since you do both tranny and engine I would expect to pay say 6500; derived from what this guy here said he paid.. plus extra for speedy service.

Would it be something you could do? also what type of payment do you accept.. warranty and you know things like that.

I would say I am looking to swap in 1st quarter of 2006.. maybe as early as winter break in my college.. January... I cant really say when for sure but preferably early 2006. Tell me what you think
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(yarik83 @ Sep 4, 2005 - 4:43 AM)
well tweak let me start off by telling you how I got your business card-at lsp meet in NJ. I am looking for st205 engine (3rd gen 3sgte) with auto tranny to manual swap. I am looking to spend reasonable amount of money to make it do the following:

work for highway and city traffic
if it is possible to haev 2 functions of a turbo timer -whoop joor butt & normal obviously both safe for me and engine when it comes to boost etc.

time: preferably something in range where I can rent a car or something while my celi is in shop
or I drop the car off in say Jan 1 and pick it back up by Jan 19th ish

obviously one would expect the car to be drivable in that time.

here is what I am looking for: xat racing does the swap but no tranny swap (or at least so they tell me)

pay for engine+work etc etc and have it come out to a sum of money.. since you do both tranny and engine I would expect to pay say 6500; derived from what this guy here said he paid.. plus extra for speedy service.

Would it be something you could do? also what type of payment do you accept.. warranty and you know things like that.

I would say I am looking to swap in 1st quarter of 2006.. maybe as early as winter break in my college.. January... I cant really say when for sure but preferably early 2006. Tell me what you think
[right][snapback]330942[/snapback][/right]

Well, I can help you with some of that anyway smile.gif

You have an ST auto which is the same as bboy's car, so it'll be the same deal. First up you have to decide which tranny you want to use. If you want to use a GT tranny it'll obviously be cheaper and easier but not as strong or reliable as the E153. Also I understand the novelty of having a third gen 3SGTE but I highly recommend the second gen. Reason being that you can get them quite a bit cheaper and easier, and when it comes to upgrading the engine you replace all of the stuff that the third gen has over the second anyway. That's my 2 cents anyway, you can do whatever you want smile.gif

I think what you mean is a boost controller, and yes you can get electronic ones that have multiple settings.

The biggest problem is the timeframe, I'm still only working part-time in the shop (I work fulltime elsewhere) so I can't get the swap done in that little time. I need more like 6 weeks, until I go fulltime with my business which I don't know if/when that will happen.

If you're planning on going with the GT tranny then we should be able to complete the swap for $6500 no problem including the auto/manual conversion and FMIC and whatnot.

All of my work is garanteed against faulty craftsmanship, as for the parts and the engine, you'll have to work with the importer on that.

Please hit me up at drtweak@phoenixtuning.com for more discussion on the swap smile.gif

-Doc
ToYCeLi8
QUOTE(presure2 @ Sep 3, 2005 - 8:27 AM)
dave, "clocking" the turbo, as its called, is definetly a GOOD thing.
it eliminates the big hump over the HOT exhaust manifold, and with the right intercooler, shortens the length of piping overall.  wink.gif
props tweek!
have fun with the car b-boy smile.gif
[right][snapback]330785[/snapback][/right]

I knew it was something like that, but u guys understood what i meant. Yea i know that its better and all the benefits, i was just curious if it was a difficult process. But you guys dont make it seem that way. So i will be looking into that when I upgrade my turbo and get a new FMIC. Ill have ELP work on it. Thanx

David

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.