Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hurricane Time
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
chucho
Idk where to put my car.... Its a cat. 5 and they pojected path the eye should actually go over my house....but we'll see what happens. Lets hope for the best.
Andason
gl man and just remember that life is more important than a car
bloodrain
QUOTE(Andason @ Aug 28, 2005 - 9:11 AM)
gl man and just remember that life is more important than a car
[right][snapback]328709[/snapback][/right]

what cat. 5 hurricane is going up there? the only hurricane I know about is katrina that we just got hit by.
chucho
it turned into a cat 5 this morning, its was a cat 1 when it came across you
Batman722
Just start driving...and don't stop !!!!!!!
presure2
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Aug 28, 2005 - 10:22 AM)
Just start driving...and don't stop !!!!!!!
[right][snapback]328716[/snapback][/right]

hahahaha AGREEEEED!!!
j/k of course man, like someone else said, life is more important than the car, be carefull, take care of yourself and your family. smile.gif
good luck
Jen
Um, evacuate. You don't want to be ANYWHERE near there. Don't think about your car. Think about your house, your belongings, your LIFE. LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. Hurricanes are monster of storms. I would strong advise you leave right now. Category 5 is not anything to shrug off.

THINK ABOUT IT. Ugh. You know none of us here want anything to happen to you.

Supersprynt
my brother just moved to Miami, next day that hurricane. Fun.
95CelicaST
my brother just left on the 24th for Loyola down there in Louisiana and he got to spend like.. 2 days there and was evacuated back home..

WILL MY BROTHER EVER LEAVE!!!!???
Mynzeyes
user posted image

if they had ratings higher than 5, it would be up there. 170+mph winds and 200+ gusts. 90-95% destruction is expected (from reports). a toyota celica should be the last of your concerns. if all else fails, get yourself to the superdome, it's an emergency shelter.

consider the car to be lost if you haven't already evac'ed. i remember i was down there one time, and a little rainstorm cause flooding...so i can only imagine this. smile.gif.

g'luck to you, but just get YOURSELF somewhere safe...
Mynzeyes
It's as big as Texas...
user posted image
ghostdog
best of luck to you and your celi. this one looks to be very serious
Digndoug
Id park it in an empty lot, and then go take shelter. good luck
saleeka
This is going to likely be one of the 5 strongest hurricanes EVER in recorded history when it makes landfall... According to the news right now, its in the top 3 with Andrew, and an unnamed hurricaine in 1935. This is going to be catastrophic... Predictions are that some parts of new orleans will be under 20 to 30 feet of water. After the storm, crocadiles and poisionus water snakes, along with disease, are going to be everywhere... The news also says that it is taking 5 hours to travel the same distance it normally would in 30 minuetes... New Orleas as we know it looks to become history... Im not a god fearing person, but my prayers go out to everybody who will be affected because of this storm.
saleeka
the scary thing to me is that the storm surge is expected to be 25-30 feet of water, but the majority of new orleans is only 8-11 feet above sea level... frown.gif
Mynzeyes
QUOTE(saleeka @ Aug 28, 2005 - 8:06 PM)
the scary thing to me is that the storm surge is expected to be 25-30 feet of water, but the majority of new orleans is only 8-11 feet above sea level...  frown.gif
[right][snapback]328884[/snapback][/right]

and the barricades holding water back have only an 18ft buffer...so you have the surges, + the waves on top of that...but we'll all see in due time if all this pessimism and ominousness is true...let's just hope the superdome stands...
jojobombiest
thats kinda sad that such a great city like new orleans is going to be no more...
Jaws4God
prayers go out to everyone in those southern states frown.gif
Akimbo
btw, get gas. this is going to serious OWN gas prices EVERYWHERE in the country guys
Ethnykceli
five people died in south florida when it was cat. 1 hurricane. so be very carefull. It wasn't that pretty here, and its going to be ten times worse for louisiana.
Ethnykceli
five people died in south florida when it was cat. 1 hurricane. so be very carefull. it wasnt that pretty here, and its going to be ten times worse for louisiana.
jojobombiest
i can't believe some people are refusing to evacuate... i was watching the news and they were telling those people that the attic was the safest place to be, but to keep a way to escape through the roof because the water might trap them and they will have to hack their way through the roof.... thats so rediculous.
saleeka
it looks as if New Orleans recieved a miracle. The storm hit farther east than expected, and it weakened down to a level 3. The storm surge was only 15 feet, and most of the cities' levies and pumps are working. The problem now is all the rain, and lake ponchitrain (sp) may start to flood out... But it seems like the certain catastrophic flooding isnt going to happen smile.gif
jojobombiest
its only a cat. 2 now
saleeka
well, it seems much of new orleans has been spared, at the expense of Biloxi, Missippi frown.gif I hope Chucho and his family are all right
Mynzeyes
it's up here now...in middle TN. all the schools are already closed, and the storm isn't even here...i don't even know if they expect flooding..haha. the officials in TN worry about the stupidest stuff...

example: drop a snow-cone, and you get out for ice. tongue.gif.
chucho
well now a the wall gave out so most of new orleans is flooded. I'm in northern miss. w/ relatives. Seems okay but my parish isnt allowing people to come back, so dont know about my house. But everyone seems to be okay. The main bridge into New Orleans has either sections pushed over or missing. So I think I may be off the rest of the semester. But just hoping that everything is okay back home. I've heard from a friend whose fiance's brother in-law is a sheriff and its pretty rough in the city next to mine which is just north of new orleans and off the lake. But sounds like mostly trees and powerlines down in my actual city. I'll be sure to hit y'all up w/ some pics. Catch y'all later. Still have the great drive home which should be interesting.

& I'm in the celica so I may have to drop it off at my grandparents an hour away if the roads are too bad.

I'll hit y'all up later.
Cutrara
I'm glad you're ok. Stay safe.
zachattack15
Yeah Chucho I tried calling you to see if you were ok but all the phone lines are messed up. Couldnt get the call through. I will post pictures tomorrow of the damage it did here in Baton Rouge. A house not two blocks from me is divided down the center by a HUGE tree. My house got lucky and no trees fell on it. We had a hell of a time cleaning today. The pool is a mess. The celica got hit by a flying tree branch but didnt do much damage. New Orleans is now 80% under water. There are so many people here in Baton Rouge that had to leave New Orleans that have nothing. There house and everything are under water. Everyone needs to pray for them and the people stranded.
Jdog1385
its definitely a lot worse than everybody expected. we're getting groups together up here in new york to go down and try to help. think im going down on saturday. hope you and your family are okay chucho...help is coming.
soulshadow
QUOTE(Mynzeyes @ Aug 28, 2005 - 4:46 PM)
It's as big as Texas...
user posted image
[right][snapback]328815[/snapback][/right]

WHAT THE HECK is with that purple thing? Don't tell me its the hurricane / winds.
Oh sheesh!!! I live in Arkansas, and I might end up seeing Hail the size of tennis balls again. ***Shakes fist at sky****
Mynzeyes
QUOTE(soulshadow @ Sep 1, 2005 - 10:27 AM)
WHAT THE HECK is with that purple thing? Don't tell me its the hurricane / winds.
Oh sheesh!!! I live in Arkansas, and I might end up seeing Hail the size of tennis balls again. ***Shakes fist at sky****
[right][snapback]330116[/snapback][/right]

the images have been updated. they are no longer of what i was showing everyone. there WAS a hurricane in the gulf, but it's since gone. smile.gif. that's just the normal weather down there now.

-John-
BlackCelicaGT94
i cant even think about this hurricane without getting pissed off!

Pissed that we help so manyd amn countries in a time of need but none really seem to step forward to help us - last i heard 12 countries offered some help but i dont know which countries those were but where are the European countries if they are not on that list?

also maybe if we didnt spend so much on this damn war we would have some more money! sorryu i dont wanna make this political but like new orleans just dropped off the face of the planet it seems
saleeka
Well, many have offered to help, but we havent responded to their offers apparently, because of the politics of the iraq war you know... if they dont support us in Iraq, we dont need their assistance.... Regardless, this situation has become DISGUSTING to me, because like Nat said, its as if the deep south fell off the face of the earth... No real efforts to bring food and water, no real efforts to transport people out of new orleans. In the superdome, they are assulting one another, women are REPEATEDLY getting raped, no food, no water, no bathrooms, ect... Mad looting... So where is the National Guard to help? Apparently, thanks to iraq, we dont have any soilders to help out here in the US anymore... I also hate to throw politics into this, but its become obvious that the iraq situation has now affected us in a way we never though, and off all places, home... There is insufficient armed forces here at home to provide for us in times of need... I still cannot fathom the fact that we KNEW this storm was going to be horrible, and when it wasnt as bad as expected, there STILL wasnt any real strong efforts to help... This news story just bothers me when I read it...

Sending out an 'SOS'
CheesyLobster
QUOTE(saleeka @ Sep 2, 2005 - 5:36 AM)
Well, many have offered to help, but we havent responded to their offers apparently, because of the politics of the iraq war you know... if they dont support us in Iraq, we dont need their assistance.... Regardless, this situation has become DISGUSTING to me, because like Nat said, its as if the deep south fell off the face of the earth... No real efforts to bring food and water, no real efforts to transport people out of new orleans. In the superdome, they are assulting one another, women are REPEATEDLY getting raped, no food, no water, no bathrooms, ect... Mad looting... So where is the National Guard to help? Apparently, thanks to iraq, we dont have any soilders to help out here in the US anymore... I also hate to throw politics into this, but its become obvious that the iraq situation has now affected us in a way we never though, and off all places, home... There is insufficient armed forces here at home to provide for us in times of need... I still cannot fathom the fact that we KNEW this storm was going to be horrible, and when it wasnt as bad as expected, there STILL wasnt any real strong efforts to help... This news story just bothers me when I read it...

Sending out an 'SOS'
[right][snapback]330398[/snapback][/right]

Yeah its insane. Its like anarchy down there and no one is doing anything about it. Where are the law enforcers and the government to help these people? It looks like a damn third world country. This is an embarrassment to the United States. We put so much effort into "helping the Iraqi people," yet we wont help our own? It is disgusting.
saleeka
i honestly have never felt as if ther have been "real" problems with our country, until now... this situation is such a god damn disgrace its sad... nothing is being done to truely help people- and more and more people are dying as result... Where is the DRINKING WATER, let alone food? I almost feel as if i shouldent watch the news so i dont have to deal with being hurt and saddend by the latest headline....
BlackCelicaGT94
Id like to ask EVERYONE to go donate to the redcross or some where to help the victims of Katrina! Even if its just 5 dollars!!

Im going to a bank where I can donate today and donating some money!

Edit:

Question:

If you were in that situation would you be looting?

The day after the hurricane when I heard people were jacking flat screen TV's I was thinking id probably be doing the same thing...but now seeing whats going on - I would be fearing for my life...I would be scared of anyone that came my way thinking they were gonna rape me! But yeah i would probably loot...but it wouldnt be material things...I would be looting food and water if i could find any

oh and what about women who are probably pregnant down there and giving birth??

Uhh i cant talk about this anymore i get too upset!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.