Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Its Back, in Black
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Defgeph
Well after one year of being parked and half a summer of work. I bring you this..........

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

97 ST Limited
93 3SGTE-RC swap
JDM 3SGE Tranny
3SGE axles
Spec stage 3 clutch
Fidanza light weight flywheel
Gauges, pump, and some other goodies

Brought it up to 95 MPH, running 6 to 7 pounds with 300 miles total on it since the swap.
Problems other than a restrictive exhaust.... none
All the gaskets, hoses, and belts replaced.
The car pulls straight & hard. wink.gif

Just waiting now for the clutch to break in and a new full 3 inch exhaust.

Manny, Jenn, Dustin, Dave and Andrei thanks for the help. With out you guys this wouldnt have been done till 2007 haha.

Once I clean up the car some more I'll get ya some better pics of the engine. Right now I'm still in testing phase. After a nice engine detail and some wax, I'll throw up some better pics.

Thanks 6GC.net
Enjoy
DEF
Coomer
Mmmmm...RC 3S-GTE. Very nice work Jeff! biggrin.gif
Consynx
YESSSS!!!!

edit: where are your wheels
Celicav
Props...I'm jealous. Nice to have all that help with the project. What did you drive while she was being worked on?
lagos
good job jeff, glad you got it done!

why is it only boosting 6-7psi ? 13psi is where the fun starts smile.gif
Defgeph
Thanks guys....

My tires on the rims are too thin for the car now, alot of weight up front.

I have a honda civic as a daily driver, its next to the celi in a few pics.

I'm only hitting 6 to 7 because of my exhaust. It starts at 3inch then 2 1/2 st185 mid pipe to 1 3/4 ST exhaust with my flowmaster 40 series muffler.

the exhaust will be done soon.

Thanks again guys
DEF
Dr_Tweak
user posted image
dustin15brown
QUOTE(Consynx @ Sep 5, 2005 - 1:40 AM)
YESSSS!!!!

edit: where are your wheels
[right][snapback]331126[/snapback][/right]

Should inspire you to keep yours and swap yours..... How long did you actually work on it? All that time or only a portion? and how many problems did you run into, also what kidna overall price did you come up with?
Defgeph
worked on it for 2 and half months only on the weekends.
Alot of problems, I got a ton of wrong information that I had to find the right answers for. Maybe one day I'll go over it.

Price..... haha well just save up a few grand and just keep going from there.
I'm unsure of the total number. Atleast 4 grand so far
presure2
like i said to you over the phone man, CONGRADUF*%KINGLATIONS!
happy to hear shes up and running well, get those vac hoses fixed up, and the boost controller in and wooooooot wink.gif see you soon man!
urbandork
niiiiiicccccce
ILuvMyCelica95
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, when do i get to see this in person!!!! redface.gif
Defgeph
QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Sep 4, 2005 - 9:44 PM)
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, when do i get to see this in person!!!!  redface.gif
[right][snapback]331150[/snapback][/right]

Thanks alot guys...

Get ur ass up to RI Oct 1st

DEF
ILuvMyCelica95
i'm working on it wink.gif
TTE
I didn't know you gonna fix it so fast. I want to see it before meet, Jeff.
So, what actually was wrong?
TheStreetzKing
jeez no credit to streetz.. without my brackets would the engine be in the car???
Defgeph
QUOTE(TheStreetzKing @ Sep 4, 2005 - 10:41 PM)
jeez no credit to streetz.. without my brackets would the engine be in the car???
[right][snapback]331168[/snapback][/right]

HAHA my bad. Yes with out the bracket and mounts you sent the engine wouldnt be in.

DEF
TheStreetzKing
haha thanks man, the car looks freaking incredible
Defgeph
thank you sir
ghostdog
carlos lives. congrats man
Batman722
you are an inspiration to us all guy. I am so glad you got the clutch situation straitened out

that car is now BA

congrats guy
doGGy
Nice to hear that you finished her wink.gif Myne is still standing still after almost a year....

Nice Job Def !
trdevelopment
i been watchig your progress here and celica tech and i just wanted to let you know you have one of the hottest celicas in my eyes... good luck to you and hope you enjoy it.
droptopGT
finally!! i haven't seen your car since the LSP meet where it was just me, you, mac, andre, and dan. can't wait to see in person biggrin.gif
BBoYRuGGeD
ohhh man that is one badass celi now...woot ure gunna have fun with that badboy!!! congratz man! biggrin.gif

bboy
97sccelica
hrm, no signs of an intercooler visible from the outside, small exhaust piping so its probably quiet

thats one fine sleeper you got there
CelicaZR
Nice Sleeper man biggrin.gif
dstrbcelica
very nice. congrats.

-dstrb
tim86
sweet, sooo nice... just get those rs-5's back on and itll look better wink.gif
Defgeph
Thanks alot guys

Yes, its very much a sleeper. As I'm driving I see people notice my gauges through the window. Then they start checking out the front and see nothing. The first clue they get is when I take off, and they try to keep up.
The car now feels complete, this is how they should have come from the factory.

It awesome.

DG_Performance
glad you are running with no issues.
i just got the mr2 done so we can race when we meet up smile.gif
(took me 4 days to do mr2 swap, mr2 swappers got it easy compared to the celi swapers) no wiring at all !!! why couldnt the celi swap be that way?
so when you get your mr2 it is all down hill from there.
(easy swappin)
dg
Consynx
get that exhaust on, i wanna see the HKS Turbo Carbon-Ti Installed on a Celi
95gtschick
hot! nice job smile.gif
lagos
well at 6-7psi its a sleeper cause the car is still asleep, lol... wait till you get your exhaust done and up the boost, then it will be like a whole new car and youll be amazed at who u can beat.
Seth6Gen
are you gonna throw those nasty ass wheels back on?

edit: nasty meaning sick.

and sick meaning awesome
jgreening
Congrats! Enjoy her....
Defgeph
Thanks guys the car now has 400 miles on it since the swap.

I highly doubt I'm gonna run 17 inch rims anymore. I'm most likely going to buy some light weight 15's, I dont like blowing out tires.

I'm going to try and get the exhaust done this month. Steve I'm might be running into you soon, I have to make a call.

I believe that I'm still in low boost mode because of cel code 54. I have to talk to the guys overseas. I need to see if there is a way to trick the ECU into believing that the I.C. water pump is still in the stock location (which its not). Thats the only code I'm throwing, so Its holding me back. Also, I might have a vacume leak some where still.

Little by little I'll get it all going.

Thank again guys
DEF
TTE
Just got a ride in ^^^. It's nice to see it finally runs and it runs good. See you on a battle field Jeff.
lagos
jeff... i think code 54 is the reason why you are getting so little boost. i believe the water level sensor in your intercooler is what causes it. all you have to do is cut the 2 wires that go to that sensor and connected them together. that will fool the ecu into thinking that your water level is always full.
jgreening
QUOTE(defgeph @ Sep 5, 2005 - 3:57 PM)
I highly doubt I'm gonna run 17 inch rims anymore. I'm most likely going to buy some light weight 15's, I dont like blowing out tires.

Jeff, what do you mean here? Why would running 17's cause you to blow tires?
WannabeGT4
Congrats!
Defgeph
Andrei, today was great. Congrats on being the first ride on 6GC. I still have the car with me so we have to meet up again soon.

Art, I'll look into it tonight and check everything out tomorrow.

Jay, The roads in NJ are horrible. I think I'll be happier with slightly wider, lighter 15 inch rims.

Wanna, thanks alot.

Thanks again guys
Jeff
ILuvMyCelica95
get sexy 16 GT-S rims biggrin.gif
Defgeph
Also an option Tina, I'll have to see how everything plays out. I'm just very worried about blowing out more tires. Maybe a thicker tire on my 17's might do the trick.
vangSTa_celica
I don't know about anyone else, but the stock alloys in black look sexy as hell. I love your car.

Will it marry me?
Defgeph
ROFL..... thats funny.
Its already taken, sorry.

Thanks Vang
vangSTa_celica
Can I just have a ride? wink.gif
Defgeph
If one day ur around my way, definatly.
WannabeGT4
How close is the hood to the intercooler? I've heard the top mounts won't fit.
Did you do all the wirirng yourself?
Let us know how your XSPower DP works out for you.

And again, Congrats on the swap and good luck finishing the write up on celicatech.
Defgeph
QUOTE(WannabeGT4 @ Sep 6, 2005 - 9:43 AM)
How close is the hood to the intercooler? I've heard the top mounts won't fit.
Did you do all the wirirng yourself?
Let us know how your XSPower DP works out for you.

And again, Congrats on the swap and good luck finishing the write up on celicatech.
[right][snapback]331417[/snapback][/right]

I'm not really sure how close it is, but its doesnt touch the hood at all. It fits without a doubt, another rumor goes out the window.
DGperformance did the wiring.
The DP is ok so far, I have over 400 miles on it.

Thanks again, I'm doing the write as I go. I should be finished soon.
DEF
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.