Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rod/Main bearings
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Yota
Anyone know where I could go to get a new set of rod and main bearings?
mark_426
Toyota..

make sure you get the right set. The previous owner of my car didnt, and I'm doing 3x the work he did just to get it right.

The 3s has one oversized bearing, and three normal ones.... so you have to order 4 seperate bearings. The 'kit' toyota sells is all four.

I dont know about the 7a though..

Yota
Its for my 3SGTE...Sorry, shoulda been a little more specific. So Would I have to make sure I get the ST205 RC rod and main bearings?
Kwanza26
QUOTE(Yota @ Sep 8, 2005 - 3:05 AM)
Its for my 3SGTE...Sorry, shoulda been a little more specific.  So Would I have to make sure I get the ST205 RC rod and main bearings?
[right][snapback]331938[/snapback][/right]

You'd have to ask the overseas folks for some specs and/or part numbers. I do have a feeling USDM 3SGE bearings should work ok...
Yota
What typically goes wrong with bearings that need replacement? Is it always a good idea to replace these while rebuilding a motor?
mark_426
With a turbo app, you have a lot more pressure on all the bearings, because pressures and temperatures go up. Basically, it comes down to, if you've got it apart - why not? (Same for clutch, stuff like that)

I'll see if I can find part numbers off my boxes/receipts for you.
Yota
Thanks, I will greatly appreciate that.

Even on the 3s, the bearings are constructed to handle the high temps and pressure...Is that still an issue in a rebuild?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.