Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking of buying a 95 Celica GT but got a few qu
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Total_Package
I see that Toyota made 3 GTs. The GT Coupe, GT Liftback and GT Convertible.

Other than the convertible, what are the differences between the GT Liftback and GT Coupe?
Do the ST versions have any potential/aftermarket support at all? Infact, is there any reason to get one of these if I want the car fast?
How is the aftermarket support for the GTs?
I hear 2005 Pontiac Sunfires use the same 2.2L engine as the Celicas, is that true?
hellsyphon
The GT Liftback is a hatchback and has a more curved shape thanthe GT Coupe. The GT Coupe has a regular trunk lid and looks like the convertible with a hard top.

I also believe that the sunfire uses the ecotech engine and not the 5sfe.
DG_Performance
how much are you looking to spend? what are you looking for when comparing differences?
Bigmeanbulldog55
The hachbacks are a little less heavy, and they have the rear strut tower bar option. The ST's have a higher aftermarket level than the GT's. The ST is better for high modification, but the GT starts out with a good bit more hp and if you don't plan on doing much more than exhaust and intake it's the best. Neither one of the cars have very much aftermarket, and what they do have is priced very high. If you want it to go fast, it'll cost a tun. I'm more of a Honda guy now. The Celica is a wonderful car for reliability, just don't expect it to ever be much more than it is.
hellsyphon
shouldnt the coupes be the lightest since it doesnt have the heavy glass window on the hatch and the vert the heaviest?
celicast3sgte
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Sep 10, 2005 - 7:07 PM)
The hachbacks are a little less heavy, and they have the rear strut tower bar option.  The ST's have a higher aftermarket level than the GT's.  The ST is better for high modification, but the GT starts out with a good bit more hp and if you don't plan on doing much more than exhaust and intake it's the best.  Neither one of the cars have very much aftermarket, and what they do have is priced very high.  If you want it to go fast, it'll cost a tun.  I'm more of a Honda guy now.  The Celica is a wonderful car for reliability, just don't expect it to ever be much more than it is.
[right][snapback]332893[/snapback][/right]

odd.... GT has way more aftermarket support. and even if u didnt want to go the bolt-ons route there are things like putting the 3s-gte head on the 5s-fe block and turboing that or just going full on 3s-gte swap. (GT is much easier for this swap). as for the actual topic. do some searching before you just ask the same question everyone else asks. youll find the 7a-fe can take the 4a-ge head, 5s-fe can take the 3s-gte head, both 5s and 7a can be turboed (many members here doing this will give you whp #s) use the SEARCH button!
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(celicast3sgte @ Sep 11, 2005 - 10:20 AM)
5s-fe can take the 3s-gte head...

That's not really correct.
celicast3sgte
QUOTE(Dr_Tweak @ Sep 11, 2005 - 5:29 AM)
QUOTE(celicast3sgte @ Sep 11, 2005 - 10:20 AM)
5s-fe can take the 3s-gte head...

That's not really correct.
[right][snapback]333002[/snapback][/right]

ok then i take it back. i say turbo the 5sfe or swap 3sgte
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.