Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: big turbo problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
RUNNIN-LOW
alright my car is smoking like crazy.....its the white turbo smoke..what do you guys think is the problem....im so stressed out about my babe!!!!well let me know if anybody has a clue.. thanks
Dr_Tweak
White = Water. Check compression for a bad head gasket.

-Doc
Hanyo
where is the white smoke coming from? exhaust or engine bay?
presure2
if your SURE its white, its coolant from somewhere.
RUNNIN-LOW
well its coming form the engine, right underneath the turbo..and alot of it goes out the exhaust..its seems like the turbo leaking oil too..man im going crazy...
rjbibeau
ya it kinda sounds like a head gasket to me. take off your radiator cap and see if it bubbles with the engine on.
RUNNIN-LOW
yeah ill try doing that..thanks man..hey you still selling your kit...but yeah let me check out the problem first..
zipstrips
i bet u blew the turbo seals.
rjbibeau
QUOTE(RUNNIN-LOW @ Sep 11, 2005 - 5:27 PM)
yeah ill try doing that..thanks man..hey you still selling your kit...but yeah let me check out the problem first..
[right][snapback]333064[/snapback][/right]

ya i think i'm still selling it i just have to gather all of my stuff together. it's a shame that i have to let it go. i shoulda just dropped in a 3sgte. but eghh too late.
Dr_Tweak
Could be a leaky connection under the turbo for the coolant and it's evaporating off the hot exhaust. Get in there and check it out.
presure2
run, what ru running for a turbo?
if its a ct-26, the coolant lines should be right there on the top side of the turbo.
what size are your oil feed and return lines?
RUNNIN-LOW
well i running the stock mr2 oil lines...i think its a 5 an for the return and a 3 an for the feed..i dont think i blew a seal..but that could be a good idea just to check it out. ill do that today at work and see the problem is
presure2
what exactly do you mean by "stock mr2 lines"? do you have a -3an line attached to the feed side, and using the stock return?(the stock return line is like 10an) wink.gif
RUNNIN-LOW
yeah thats what i mean pressure..10an return and 3 an line inlet..well heres my finds about the white smoke..my heads not leaking. i just found out that my head gasket was metal and that nothing coming out of the head. i guess they change it..so now im thinking i busted a turbo seal..man that totally suck even more.....
thanks pressure ill try to figure out more about what the problem is till then thanks for helping me out bro...
ice23q
Run i have the same prob ....white smoke outta the exhaust and losts of
oil outta the turbo and bleed valves on the rocker cover....

if thats whats happening to you i hate to bring you the bad news but its a broken piston......"i hope its not"

Im having to rebuild mine with forged pistons and rods.....
easternpiro1
i dont want to come off to sound like an idiot... but the only dumb question is the one you dont ask...(im still curious about doing a 3sgte swap) thats not a 3s you have in there is it runnin low?
celicaGT96
QUOTE(easternpiro1 @ Sep 23, 2005 - 10:33 AM)
i dont want to come off to sound like an idiot... but the only dumb question is the one you dont ask...(im still curious about doing a 3sgte swap) thats not a 3s you have in there is it runnin low?
[right][snapback]337617[/snapback][/right]

no, he has a turbocharged 5sfe, which is a 5sfte....check out his profile
Doge
this problem could be alot more simple than you guys are making it out to be. Just out of curiousity how are you running your pcv, RUNNIN-LOW? are you venting it to atmosphere or are you recirculating it? Do you have anything else recircing to the intake?
RUNNIN-LOW
Doge Posted Sep 23, 2005 - 11:55 AM
this problem could be alot more simple than you guys are making it out to be. Just out of curiousity how are you running your pcv, RUNNIN-LOW? are you venting it to atmosphere or are you recirculating it? Do you have anything else recircing to the intake?
[/QUOTE]

yeah doge im recicing the air back i to the bov. is that what your talking about. i found out the problem already. its like what pressure was telling me too much oil going into the turbo. bought the fittings and bam!! stop smoking..checkd out the head change that in to the trd head gasket. check the turbo in leaks.. figure it was a oil probem so i limited the oil to the turbo and yeah there you go. it stop smoking white stuff.....
StreetRacing10PSI
iam having the same problem, white smoke coming out of my exhaust on my 7afte. its not the turbo seals because i just got my turbo rebuilt less then a month ago
nik
QUOTE(StreetRacing10PSI @ Sep 27, 2005 - 11:51 AM)
iam having the same problem, white smoke coming out of my exhaust on my 7afte. its not the turbo seals because i just got my turbo rebuilt less then a month ago
[right][snapback]338785[/snapback][/right]

READ THIS

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28840

Doge
[quote=RUNNIN-LOW,Sep 27, 2005 - 11:47 AM]
Doge Posted Sep 23, 2005 - 11:55 AM
[/QUOTE]

yeah doge im recicing the air back i to the bov. is that what your talking about. i found out the problem already. its like what pressure was telling me too much oil going into the turbo. bought the fittings and bam!! stop smoking..checkd out the head change that in to the trd head gasket. check the turbo in leaks.. figure it was a oil probem so i limited the oil to the turbo and yeah there you go. it stop smoking white stuff.....
[right][snapback]338784[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah thats what happened with mine... glad it was as simple as my problem. Have fun with it!
zipstrips
QUOTE(StreetRacing10PSI @ Sep 27, 2005 - 11:51 AM)
[right][snapback]338785[/snapback][/right]

do a compresstion and leak down test.. might have ate a piston
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.