Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jarco Inc. How easy or hard....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
PdiddyGT
Ok guys it has come to th epoint where i have some money and i want an engine. I think that i want the jarco 3sgte or 3sge engine. Has anyone purchased anything from them and do they give you everything that is nessarry to swap or am i gonna need to find extra parts. I have a 1994 GT coupe so everything should fit correct right and i don't need to buy motor mounts. Is it even legal to put in a n engine like this? How hard is it. do i have to re wire everything or just the main stuff? Does the ECU they give to you work in a left hand drive car? can i do this? I'm nerveous as you can tell and it is not about the money? plz i need someone to tell me its gonna be ok. confused.gif rolleyes.gif frown.gif
Charlie97L
If you are referring to the one on ebay, no, it's not complete. Which do you want, a 3sge or 3sgte? They are radically different engines. from your questions, it sounds like you should do a little more research first. search for 3sgte and also read the stickies at the top of the page.
PdiddyGT
I want a 3sgte engine? My main question is can i buy everything i need from jarco? or do they just sell engines and no LHD Ecu's
boosted_K2
theres no difference in the LHD and RHD ECUs, just JDM ECUs tend to be a bit more agressivly mapped than the USDMs. and no, unless you have a COMPLETE clip where every part and every bolt is in tact and in running order, you wont get everything you need from just a clip.
Matthew
jarco is god

i got a st205 cut in half for 4500.

just get a front clip... you will need that to get all the parts that are needed to do this swap...

also like charlie said you need to do more research

it is legal depending on what state and smog restrictions that you have in your state are....utah you should be fine...

read around here...find some shops that have done a engine swap b4 and again do more research

Four
its not legal to put a engine from a car that is older than yours in you car, example 92 2nd 3sgte ----> 95 GT.

as far as the left hand drive ecu, you can either make a hole in ur firewall so the wires will go right threw (very illegal and stupid) or you can length'n the wires to reach from RHD to LHD.

also every person underestimates the cost of the swap, they think clip for 1500 and 1000 for labor and there done. but if ur not retarded you would obviously change all your belts while the engine is out, and you have to buy coolants and oil, oil filter, new spark plugs, maybe some new spark plug wires, etc. things add up quick.

your stock exhaust will not line up. you need a custom midpipe fabed, you can get a small ass 2.25 mid from local muff shops for 150 or so, or a 3 inch one form a performance shop for around 350. and if u havnt already you need bigger than stock exhuast which can be anywhere from 200-450, depending on custom or greddy.

also to do the swap right you should buy the toyota book for the 3s which is around 65 bucks. now what to do with the intercooler, you can get a cheap setup 400 bucks for a mkiii supra cooler with nasty crush bend pipes. you can get a nice sized spearco cooler with mandrel bends in nice shape for around 850, and you run the risk of blocking your raditor. you can buy a toyota GTfour hood for 550 then paint it and have it up with your bumper. theres also water injection which i dont know a whole lot about for around 500. (ps to all the people who want to run the stock TMIC with the stock st204 hood like im doing at the time, it works like ****, your cooler rest against your hood and is good for nothing really)

then are you going to upgrade fuel delivery at all maybe a new fuel pump which is around 100 dollars. and you cant forget a boost gauge for 125, you really should get a few more gauges. also you need a pillar for 50 bucks to put the gauge in.

now i know theres a bunch of kids sitting there thinking i dont need all that stuff i can do this swap for 2 grand easy he doesnt know what hes talking about. Well i thought the same till i did the swap and found out the hard way.

so with all this in mind lets add it all up shall we

st185 front clip - 1500
labor on 3sgte swap - 1000
belts, coolants, oil, plugs - 450
fuel pump - 100
FMIC - 850
FMIC - 300***
catbakc exhuast - 250
midpipe - 200
boost gauge and pillar - 175

*** - cheap ass cooler

so the total comes to
4525 with spearco cooler
3975 with supra cooler

but you cant forget tax can you, lets say state tax is 8.8% so total cost
$4923.20 good cooler
$4324.80 cheap cooler

now you know where all the swappers get this 5k price tag
Supersprynt
Dude's right about the exhaust it, it wont line up. I'm cutting and wellding flanges on so its saving me money. I'm using the TMIC with a custom scoop - we'll see how that works, like a 5th gen hood. If not, i'll have to wait til i can save enuf for the FMIC. Good Info Dude
abatardi
QUOTE (K2_Celica @ May 7, 2003 - 6:55 PM)
theres no difference in the LHD and RHD ECUs

No difference in the ECUs, but there is a difference in the harness...which you would have to get rewired for LHD (or I assume you could remount the ECU somewhere on the other side)..

- aba
abatardi
QUOTE (DUDE @ May 7, 2003 - 11:58 PM)
its not legal to put a engine from a car that is older than yours in you car, example 92 2nd 3sgte ----> 95 GT.

I thought this was only illegal in California? Most places you can do whatever you want as long as you pass smog, if you even have smog testing (here we don't). I don't even have cats on my car.

- aba
Stipt
DUDE, wonderful reply man, you gave me alot of info too biggrin.gif thanks bro!
PdiddyGT
Well already have a Exhaust and i can get the mid pipe for free cuase my freind owns a shop and he is an amazing welder. how hard is the ECU wiring to do. could i figure it out with just the 3g wiring book? would it be cheaper to buy a GT4 hood and have the body shop mold a body kit to fill in the gap? or is it worth it performance wise to get a front mount? Thanks for the help i guess i need to save a little more. cause i only got 2700 to work with but i get a 800 bonus this month and a 7500 profit off my real estate business. So it will be done eventually. Thanks for all the help soo far you guys are the best. biggrin.gif
P.S better start selling my header and other 5sfe parts so i can get closer soon anyone wanna buy a header for say 200 dollars almosty brand new ill throw in gaskets too!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.