Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Steering High Pressure Line Removal (7A-FE)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Coomer
I'm pulling the engine out of my purple parts Celica for practice for pulling my 4A-GE and also because my parents are having the car removed by a wrecking yard soon, and I think it's all ready to pull except for a couple things.

I have to remove the high pressure power steering line from the pump. It's a 17mm bolt with a metal gasket and the Chiltons manual has no specific instructions on removal. With a wrench and a breaker bar, I broke the bolt loose. But now it just spins with lots of resistance and when you let go it springs back to its former position. The metal on the line end and the metal on the other side of the gasket spins too.

Do you guys have any tips on how to remove this line?
95ST
Im sorry I dont know how to remove that line, however every engine swap Ive done Ive always left the powersteering and ac pumps in the car, just disconected them from the engine and hang them out of the way, that way you dont have to open the systems...

I removed the powersteering from one of my cars, all I did was unbolt the lines from the pump. There was not problems with doing this.
Coomer
That's a good idea...I planned on doing that with the A/C compressor already...I'll see if there's room to do it with the power steering pump too.
Snarfer
This might help a little bit:

user posted image
soulshadow
Coomer that thing is a BIT*H to remove. I spent nearly 3 hours deciding what to do and how to go at it. First thing tho, is that you will need to get some type of vice grip or wrench to hold the retainer clips *Picture #3* from moving around. Next you will need your socket wrench to turn the fluid bolt *Picture #1* The hardest thing is the whole bolt assembley with *pics 1-6* will turn when you turn the wrench and that just fuk*d me up so many times. Make a lot of space for yourself so that you have room and eventually after so many turns back and forth. It would just screw right out. Have fun. You might need a buddy to assist you holding the vice grips.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.