Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOPI SUCKED!!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
easternpiro1
man....i dont think i will be going to another nopi nationals....maybe it was my head cold, maybe it was because i lost my phone, maybe it was my feet hurting, or the guys i rode up there with...(except for errrkshady he's pretty cool) but i just didnt enjoy myself. is it me or is the whole import tuner thingdying down or not wat it was over the last 2 years? it just seemed to be the same ol same ol... but then again...i was on my period.... oh well maybe next time!!

someone correct me if im wrong?
Coomer
I didn't like the last car show I went to that much either...it seemed like half the cars were Hummers, Escalades, Chrysler 300s, and a ton of other basically stock cars with HUGE chrome wheels and a system in the back.

Then another large portion was G35s, 350Zs, WRXs, and EVOs that basically all look the same and had no real custom work put into them. I really only liked a handful of cars at the show.
Bigmeanbulldog55
I really hope this "fad" is dying down. It'll get rid of the crap and only leave people who are truly enthusiasts.
darksecret
With the crack down on imports it's hard to find anything decent without a cop chasing it.
celicast3sgte
QUOTE(darksecret @ Sep 19, 2005 - 12:44 PM)
With the crack down on imports it's hard to find anything decent without a cop chasing it.
[right][snapback]336075[/snapback][/right]

Maybe your right there were 2 cops eyeing this B18c1 turboed hodna (i call em that cause thats what they sound like). i checked his motor over and told him i wanna race when i get my celi running he asked why it didnt i just said i was going turboed like him wink.gif
Drew-887
QUOTE(easternpiro1 @ Sep 19, 2005 - 11:53 AM)
man....i dont think i will be going to another nopi nationals....maybe it was my head cold, maybe it was because i lost my phone, maybe it was my feet hurting, or the guys i rode up there with...(except for errrkshady he's pretty cool) but i just didnt enjoy myself. is it me or is the whole import tuner thingdying down or not wat it was over the last 2 years?  it just seemed to be the same ol same ol... but then again...i was on my period.... oh well maybe next time!!

someone correct me if im wrong?
[right][snapback]336061[/snapback][/right]

It has been dying to me somewhat. Well I think that most of us are getting tired of seeing the same hooked up. I always see a Honda or a DSM hooked up. Its boring to look at. Im also getting really sick of WRX's. Every car is basically the same. Us 6G owners are different from the rest. in my opinion our cars of one of rarest to get hooked up. We like to see things out of the ordinary.
CelicaB
hey matt sorry u didnt have a good time i would have loved to gone with u guys but maybe nex time
easternpiro1
yeah man... I love my boys that i went with and everything...but i think i would have had more fun with some 6gc ers....but dont worry celica b! WE SHALL MEET UP THIS SATURDAY to watch some uh... late night cruzing activities? heh heh... what do ya say? somebody call errkshady!
frosty
Yeah, everyone around here for shows just bolt up stuff. Same ol' same ol'. I've kinda drifted from looks to performance. I like to see well built motors now instead of a body kit and a sub in the back.
purplegt4
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Sep 19, 2005 - 1:43 PM)
I really hope this "fad" is dying down.  It'll get rid of the crap and only leave people who are truly enthusiasts.
[right][snapback]336074[/snapback][/right]

agree 100%
darksecret
It will as soon as all the wanna-be cars break down and they can't fix them.
errrkshady
sorry matt you didn't have a good time... it was my first time going to a car show of any sort so i guess i was dittermined to have a good time which i did.... although i did get sunburnt and walk so much that i had blisters everywhere. you should have came with us on the second day, we test drove the colbalt and 2006 eclipse and sat a siliva, r34 skyline, and g35 drift... it was cool... but i can understand why you didn't have a good time. and i'm kinda mad that i only saw like 3 celicas where was all the celi owners...

i might post pics when i get them back...

eric

ps, matt are you geting a new phone with same number or new number well just tell me when you do and i guess you could have gary call me till then if he doesn't mind, if you want to meet up...
celicagurl152003
i was there biggrin.gif ...didn't quite care for the show though.....it was very unorganized, i was expecting it to be alot better then it was. I was able to see some of the other celi's but not many....i only saw two other 6th gens, the red one and the purple (?) with the cf hood. oh well now i know. but if anyone one here with a 6th gen placed....congrats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.