Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GM's EcoTec engine
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
macavely
When i went to HIN a few weeks ago i passes by the GM Racing booth and grabed this think magazine they had and the cd next to it.. put it in my bag and forgot about it... well last night at work i got bored so i walked to the car and got that magzine and cd and started reading ...

If the ecotec engine is everything they say it is.. wow ... i want it... and i wouldn't mind having it inside a cobalt .. the block crank and head can handle insane amounts or power ... and parts are so much easier to get since its and american car ..

maybe i shouldn't have read this.. cause now i really want to get rid of the celi and get a cobalt since i don't have a place to store the celi if i get another car..
Seth6Gen
blasphemy
lagos
i would take an srt4 over a cobalt if i was looking for a domestic
Akimbo
And I would take a mitsu eclipse if i was looking for a domestic
vangSTa_celica
Haha.
macavely
i don't want a 4 door ...
97sccelica
cobalt SS/SC and Ion redline are cool cars
FallenHero
QUOTE(lagos @ Sep 20, 2005 - 9:41 PM)
i would take an srt4 over a cobalt if i was looking for a domestic
[right][snapback]336802[/snapback][/right]

My friends PT cruiser GT (03) has all the SRT4 engine goodies... it backfires, skips, always needs a tune up, leavs little oil spots, and now it has a bad axle.

it is, for all intents and purposes, a POS. The cobalt, however, supposedly has a bit of build quality, and it looks a HELL of a lot better.
orvillescelica
a cobalt with the ecotech engine did a top speed of 234 mph last year at the bonneville salt falts.

its a great engine and is so far living up to all the hype that Chevy has been giving it.
95gtschick
one word.... eek!
boosted_K2
i like mine, not nearly enough to mod it, but its great for just kicking around, 145 hp feels real slow tho
95CelicaST
If I were to go Domestic I would get a 98 Subaru 2.5RS... They're all made in Indiana!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.