Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: map sensor??????
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
dans_st
I don't know if anyone has asked this yet...

But can I use a 2-bar 3SGTE map sensor on my 7AFTE, I have heard of HONDA guys that I know of using 1.2-2.0bar map sensors off of other vehicles on thier swapped cars so they don't keep damaging MAP sensors and get better readings, so can we do this as well??

I have heard that my SAFC-IIv2 can transfer these signal to be able to work with vehicles, and I don't mind changing clips if that has to be done, or radd seperate power & ground wires for the sensor???

Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(dans_st @ Sep 21, 2005 - 4:35 AM)
I don't know if anyone has asked this yet...

But can I use a 2-bar 3SGTE map sensor on my 7AFTE, I have heard of HONDA guys that I know of using 1.2-2.0bar map sensors off of other vehicles on thier swapped cars so they don't keep damaging MAP sensors and get better readings, so can we do this as well??

I have heard that my SAFC-IIv2 can transfer these signal to be able to work with vehicles, and I don't mind changing clips if that has to be done, or radd seperate power & ground wires for the sensor???
[right][snapback]336795[/snapback][/right]

If you're running an SAFC then yeah, you can do that and modify the signal as you need to. I assume you're running larger injectors as well.

-Doc
dans_st
hare is basically what I am running

t28 turbocharger
port on exhaust housing
3.5" downpipe
HKS SSQV blow-off valve
HKS 65mm BOV flange
2.5" intercooler piping
Apexi SAFC-II version 2
Apexi AVC-R boost controller
Turbosmart 38mm wastegate
Autometer COBALT boost guage
Mishimoto 31"x11"x3" intercooler
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
full port & polish on head
full port on intake & throttle body
ZOOM clucth
INNOVATIVE LM-1 wideband O2 with datalogger
fast-turbo oilfilter relocation kit
Goodridge -6an fuel lines from tank
Aeromotive in-line fuel filter
Aeromotive boost dependant
magna flow exhaust
full 3.5" exhaust from manifold
(all Magnaflow 3.5" mandrel bends)
HKS filter
MSD sportcompact ignition plus
MSD custom fit 8.5mm wires
MSD Blaster SS coil
NX 35 SHOT w/RPM window switch

I am also upgrading my turbo to a GT3076R
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(dans_st @ Sep 21, 2005 - 5:08 AM)
hare is basically what I am running

t28 turbocharger
port on exhaust housing
3.5" downpipe
HKS SSQV blow-off valve
HKS 65mm BOV flange
2.5" intercooler piping
Apexi SAFC-II version 2
Apexi AVC-R boost controller
Turbosmart 38mm wastegate
Autometer COBALT boost guage
Mishimoto 31"x11"x3" intercooler
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
full port & polish on head
full port on intake & throttle body
ZOOM clucth
INNOVATIVE LM-1 wideband O2 with datalogger
fast-turbo oilfilter relocation kit
Goodridge -6an fuel lines from tank
Aeromotive in-line fuel filter
Aeromotive boost dependant
magna flow exhaust
full 3.5" exhaust from manifold
(all Magnaflow 3.5" mandrel bends)
HKS filter
MSD sportcompact ignition plus
MSD custom fit 8.5mm wires
MSD Blaster SS coil
NX 35 SHOT w/RPM window switch

I am also upgrading my turbo to a GT3076R
[right][snapback]336809[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like a sick setup, I have the LM-1 myself, it's a great peice.

But what about injectors?
dans_st
I have the RC engineering 550cc's (part#SL9-550)

I just forgot to put them on my list of mods

What year and/or car can I get that map sensor for??
I went to auto parts (a few of them) but they say MR2 didn't have MAP,
and cannot look up GT-4?

Also with your LM-1 did you have to buy a separate module to add on to sense RPM, or can I just hook my MSD ignition's tach output to an imput on the LM-1 without buying an extra piece??
Dr_Tweak
All the MK2 MR2s have a MAP sensor. Just go to www.mr2oc.com and put up a WTB thread.

You need to buy the RPM converter.

-Doc
WannabeGT4
They are called Turbo Pressure Sensors. That's why your parts store can't find it. The 3rd and 4th Gen 3SGTEs are the only 3SGTEs to use a MAP sensor. There is a thread at alltrac.net having to do with the AFM to MAP conversion and about how slow the response time is on this particular sensor. Since all the turbo pressure sensor does is control fuel cut due to overboost on the older 3SGTEs the theory is that it doesn't have to be as precise as the map sensors used in our newer cars. The turbo pressure sensor from the 2nd gen 3SGTE should work but probably not as well as a MAP sensor from the 3rd Gen 3SGTE or a GM 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor.

Reference: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8816
dans_st
I read the thread,

But,
1.is there a GM vehicle that has a MAP sensor that sense BOOST and vacuum, rather than just vacuum?

2.Does the gm MAP responds quicker and more accurately than the 3SGTE or the7AFE?

3. If YES to the previous two questions-- Can i just splice it into my wires and program the SAFC-IIv2 to make it work with my stock ECU?

4. And if I am already going with a totally different make, can I use a HONDA or DSM map sensor?, because I can get those cheap from people I know I was just trying to stay with toyota.
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(dans_st @ Sep 22, 2005 - 3:54 PM)
1.is there a GM vehicle that has a MAP sensor that sense BOOST and vacuum, rather than just vacuum?
[right][snapback]337407[/snapback][/right]

Yes.
Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7994705880
2.Does the gm MAP responds quicker and more accurately than the 3SGTE or the7AFE?

Yes. It is widely used by people running stand alone and piggy back systems.
3. If YES to the previous two questions-- Can i just splice it into my wires and program the SAFC-IIv2 to make it work with my stock ECU?

Yes, and the example auction I linked to even includes the connector.
4. And if I am already going with a totally different make, can I use a HONDA or DSM map sensor?, because I can get those cheap from people I know I was just trying to stay with toyota.

Sure. You're going to be tuning with the SAFC-II no matter what sensor you go with.
dans_st
a few more questions--

Does the GM MAP sensor run off of the same voltages that my OEM sensor would other then being able to read more boost??

Basically will aside from splicing the harness, is the GM map sensor a plug-and-play?

I know I can adjust the SAFC-II for it but I don't know what setting the IN and OUT on the SAFC-II should be set on if it does have to be changed?

Sorry about all the questions, but I don't want to do this wrong
nik
QUOTE(dans_st @ Sep 22, 2005 - 3:36 PM)
a few more questions--

Does the GM MAP sensor run off of the same voltages that my OEM sensor would other then being able to read more boost??

Basically will aside from splicing the harness, is the GM map sensor a plug-and-play?

I know I can adjust the SAFC-II for it but I don't know what setting the IN and OUT on the SAFC-II should be set on if it does have to be changed?

Sorry about all the questions, but I don't want to do this wrong
[right][snapback]337437[/snapback][/right]

in my sds system i'm running a GM 3 bar map sensor but thats off Standalone
playr158
just an fyi 3.5" is toooooooo big

but sounds like a fun plan smile.gif
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(dans_st @ Sep 22, 2005 - 5:36 PM)
a few more questions--

Yes. 0-5 Volts

I guess you could call it that... It obviously won't work very well without tuning it.

You'll probably need to read your manual for the answer to that one.
Here is a good thread about the 3 Bar MAP and SAFC on a Honda. It's worth reading:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=531705
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.