Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nitrous
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
macavely
frist question .. is nirtous considred forced induction .. ?

second qustions.. do you think the 5s could handle a 70 shot ..i think it can but want to hear other peoples thoughts on it ..
Silver94CelicaOwner
Sure it could, but who knows for how long....

Does anybody have any first hand experience running "juice"??
TheStreetzKing
friend had a 50 shot in his old 94 celica, direct port, im htinking of it i can get everything cheap cept i dont wanna risk my car being impounded..
macavely
well make a trick sub box in the trunk to hid the nitrous bottol and whire looms in the engine back to hide the nitruos tubes/hoses..
presure2
i think in the "perfect" situation it would be fine....for how long...i dunno... wink.gif
st_celica_killer
i ran zex kit with 65shot.on my 7afe.. the car only lasted for 4month and now it has a rod knocking..... everything was hook on right.... took care of the car very well with zex kit ran only 91gas but guess what the engine started making rode knock...ouch!!!
nik
ive used it but didnt like it and i was only running a 35 shot did like the spike in power to hard on the engine IMAO
Dr_Tweak
I ran a 50 shot on a 4AGE silvertop for one day and it blew the rings. Everything was hooked up right, but the bottle was almost empty and when it ran it out it went rich and then lean for a second.

And just for the record: IT WASN'T MY IDEA!!! biggrin.gif
JoKeRkId613
I used nitrous oxide on my 7A-FE. It was a 50 shot and I had an awesome setup. Just do the basics, sparkplugs, and highest possible octane gas and you'll be fine especially with the 5S. Just check your lines and do all the "pre" stuff before you use it. I wouldn't do more than a 75 on the 7A. On the 5S, I'd say the same. Oh man, I just thought of something. Manny, spray!!! biggrin.gif
presure2
Oh man, I just thought of something. Manny, spray!!! 

hahah no.
mac, you tryin to stick somthin up your sleeve for the next time we meet up??? wink.gif
lagos
i think those classic "a 50 shot is fine for any car" rules only apply v8s. i dont think a celica motor would last a long time on any shot.
macavely
QUOTE(presure2 @ Sep 21, 2005 - 6:00 PM)

hahah no.
mac, you tryin to stick somthin up your sleeve for the next time we meet up??? wink.gif
[right][snapback]337091[/snapback][/right]

lol.. na just thinking... seeing as you are handling well over 230hp with stock internal ... i know the 5s can handle a 75 shot .. but i would need a nitrous system that had some kinda of fuel storage to inject with the O2 unless i want to change injectors which i wouldn't want to do just for a push every once in a while ...
lagos
QUOTE(macavely @ Sep 21, 2005 - 7:21 PM)
QUOTE(presure2 @ Sep 21, 2005 - 6:00 PM)

hahah no.
[right][snapback]337091[/snapback][/right]

lol.. na just thinking... seeing as you are handling well over 230hp with stock internal ... i know the 5s can handle a 75 shot .. but i would need a nitrous system that had some kinda of fuel storage to inject with the O2 unless i want to change injectors which i wouldn't want to do just for a push every once in a while ...
[right][snapback]337129[/snapback][/right]

well, thats kind of what they call a wet shot. the problem is, with nitrous is that the minute you press the button....BAM thats 75hp going to the wheels. with a turbo or a charger those things happen over the whole rpm range. its a lot less rough on the motor, and you can tune the fuel and timing for it.
macavely
ture if you get a nirtours system that doesn't slowlly add as the rpm's and TP go up .... i now nitrous can be done safly and doesn't abouse the motor as much as people think ...
97sccelica
i think the timing needs to be retarted a bit as well

thats what i am doing with my WRX, 75 wet shot and 2-3 degree less timing everywhere
presure2
mac there are a few setups out there that will do what your looking for, but theyre not cheap, about the same as your basic turbo setup..
soulshadow
My friend ran over 70 some shots in his 7mge supra. The next thing I know, he did 13.6 in the 1/4 mile and his engine exploded. Lets put it this way, only an idiot would run on Nitros. Instead of gettng NO5, go to the airport and fill up on jet fuel. 105 Octane! biggrin.gif
TheStreetzKing
doesnt slowcelica run nos?
snadman
OK, in perfect conditions...meaning you are running 98+octane gas (search the forums for the exact mixture to add to increase the octane to 98+), a nice clean synthetic oil in, no engine problems, timing correctly adjusted, etc etc etc...the 5SFE can handle the ZEX 55 shot properly installed. I've seen it on a friend's Camry with the 5SFE and he's been running that kit for a year and a half with no issues. Granted, he doesn't spray every time he runs but he does a lot of the times.
Mr_E
We managed to blow a 7A-FE sky high with a 50 shot of NOS (wet).

Whoops.

There's a thread somewhere.
dans_st
I ran a 35-shot then stepped up to 50-shot engine blew within 2 months, and about 6runs

I still have the 35 shot with a window switch and timing retard just for off the line, and that is every now and then only.

And even if you do have the setup with everything you need things can still go wrong....I had a 97 SS camero running 11.2-.6's on the quarter with a 150-shot for about a year and a half, then I ran my car at the track and my fuel solenoid didn't kick in and leaned out and blew LT-1, both cracked heads, broken valves on 7&8th clylinders,brocken spark plugs, damaged pistons..............

I say just go boost biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
94ST2
Venom makes a kit for the 7afe so that you can adjust the amount of shot in a specific rpm range. You can also have the nitrous shut off 1000 rpm or more below your redline or where you shift. You can set it specific for each gear so this would probably be the best option but it cost over a 1000 for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.