Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alignment issues
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
Yota
I've had a bit of a camber problem that ended up costing me to get new tires this summer. I got it aligned, but Firestone couldn't get it completed?

The symptoms:

When I take off, the wheel pulls hard to the left. Occasionally, while cruising, i will find that I have to compensate to the right pretty hard to keep the car straight.

Other times, it will pull to the right. And every so often after that, it will pull really hard to the right.

Now my car is lowered on KYB GR-2s and GroundControl coilovers. It is at its lowest setting. Some of you might think that thats the issue; my cars too low and I should raise it up a bit. But I've tried that and nothing seems to change. I've talked to Mynzeyes about this and his celica was lowered with the same setup and just as low as mine is and he's had no problems after getting it aligned..

Could there be something else thats wrong besides just an alignment?
Digndoug
I get the same thing some times.. well all the time, I got an aligment ands that helped, but it still does it. A im 99% positive my driver side wheel baring is gone, and needs to be replaced havnt had time to do it. But the other thing is it pulls back and forth odly when i brake harder, which dosnt make sence.
macavely
your frist mistake was taking it to firestone .. if yours is anything like the one by me.. their alignment mechine is not that great.. and doesn't compesate for in perfections... second make sure are all tires are inflated to the same psi ... and all the bushings aren't wearn to much .. yea strut mounts are not worn .. your springs/ are ever all areound well side to side... there are alot of things that can throw off your alignment.. also check your motor mounts..
lagos
yota, ive been basically having the same problem since i swaped. im still trying to figure it out but have some ideas.

ive taken my car to a few places that said they couldnt do my alignment. the reason is because their machine cant fit onto our aftermarket wheels correctly because our 17x7 wheels are pushed in too far and their machine ends up hitting on the fenders. try finding another alignment shop that deals with aftermarket rims.

i know my motor mounts are shot. the motor shakes a lot when i slowly let the clutch out. ive learned that this can cause steering problems.

have you tie rod ends checked, or just replace them. if those have too much play in them, then youll pass the alignment, but still have steering issues.

bad shocks or springs can also cause issues like this.

im getting my mounts and tie rods replaced soon and getting the car realigned. keep me updated if u figure this issue out before i do
lagos
Digndoug

if it happens while braking, then your rotors could be warped cause these issues.
blu94gt
could also be torque steer pulling to the left because you said it goes left when you really get on the throttle, and yeah otherwise check tire pressures and bearings and bushings and stuff before taking it back
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.