Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sticky Actuator
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Craig
Right guys ive got abit of a problem now and then the car will on produce half of the boost it should be runining at so wot i mean is it should run 1.2bar but over time this as gone down and down now she runs about 1.1bar of boost but some times she will only run 0.5bar of boost do u think this could be down to a sticky actuator? (my car is a st205 94 reg).

Thanx Craig
lagos
QUOTE(Craig @ Sep 27, 2005 - 11:03 AM)
Right guys ive got abit of a problem now and then the car will on produce half of the boost it should be runining at so wot i mean is it should run 1.2bar but over time this as gone down and down now she runs about 1.1bar of boost but some times she will only run 0.5bar of boost do u think this could be down to a sticky actuator? (my car is a st205 94 reg). 

Thanx Craig
[right][snapback]338744[/snapback][/right]

check your ecu for any codes. it sounds like your car is going into low boost mode because it is detecting a problem somwhere.
Craig
i have checked it a couple of times but not codes on there also ive blown the stock dump valve up its acturly come apart so its like in two peaces do u think this could have something todo with my problem?

thanx craig
lagos
QUOTE(Craig @ Sep 28, 2005 - 3:50 AM)
i have checked it a couple of times but not codes on there also ive blown the stock dump valve up its acturly come apart so its like in two peaces do u think this could have something todo with my problem?

thanx craig
[right][snapback]339009[/snapback][/right]

yes... if your dump valve broke, then its probably creating a major boost leak . thats why your getting so little boost.
Craig
thoght it might of had something to do with that. frown.gif god just before christmas as well £280 for a hks ssq one frown.gif best ask the misses for an early chrimbo present.
lagos
you can find hks copies on ebay for about 100$ (half price of a normal hks) i hear they work pretty much the same.

or see how much for a new oem one
urbandork
hey my name is Craig lol nice car..

ok back on topic
Craig
lol cheers m8 100$ hey mmm not bad think ill go have a browse now ill let ya all now.

thanx again craig
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.