Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best suspension
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
FSX_Celica94GT
about a little less than a year ago, i bought some bilstein gas struts for 270 bux to put on my car cuz my stock suspension is bad and stiff. The bilsteins are not any better and i really need a smooth ride for out where i live. I live in the middle of freakin nowhere, where the city doesnt give a **** about the roads, so they're all bumpy and torn up and the suspension is not helping any. What is the best, smoothest suspension for the money? Are there any stock suspensions for our car that are smoother than the stock GT ones? I was also looking at some KYB's, but they're gas also. Any help would be appreciated.
FSX_Celica94GT
bump
celicarus
QUOTE(FSX_Celica94GT @ Sep 28, 2005 - 5:05 PM)
bump
[right][snapback]339208[/snapback][/right]

Get Tein Super Street - DSL36-KUSS2 / about $1250.00 / The king of Suspension .

I just ordered mine - waiting it to arrive next week and will install them right away. I have not heard of any bad rumors on Tein products only good info.
Hanyo
the super street suspentions is stiffer then the stock suspention. It should not give an improved ride.

When i ask this question earlier, i was given the impression that the celica's stock suspention is the best ride quality you can get.

If you want to have a lowered car and have a decent ride quality, then tanable springs are the suspention you want.
FSX_Celica94GT
will the st202 coilovers they have fit the american gt?
95CelicaST
ST202 IS the GT
FSX_Celica94GT
k, wasnt sure
Cutrara
ST204 is the USDM GT, according to the chassis code section on the main page.
Galcobar
ST202 is the GTi/GTR, SSII (I think, not great with the Japanese codes). 3SGE-powered, mid-level Celica everywhere but North America.

ST204 is North American GT/GTS (don't forget Canadians, we got the GTS and you Americans didn't)
Shigexile
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Sep 30, 2005 - 9:59 AM)
ST202 IS the GT
[right][snapback]339869[/snapback][/right]

how about the suspensions from directly japan itself that was made FOR the ST202? will it be different?
I'm confused since i looked at a tanabe suspension in japan and their ST202 suspensions looked a little different than the Tanabe's they sell in the states for the ST204.
Just confused about that...
95CelicaST
hmm... doesnt the SSIII have superstrut?
Shigexile
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Oct 2, 2005 - 12:47 AM)
hmm... doesnt the SSIII have superstrut?
[right][snapback]340317[/snapback][/right]

after 97? yes, so wouldn't it be different?
speedy
I'd suggest Gold Line springs they give a very nice ride even on a lowered car. My friends have some on 17" wheels whit OEM shocks and they give a real nice ride. The price of the Gold Lines r not bad either. The springs r what dampes the impact and the shock supplies the recoil so the spring can do its job again, in laimins terms. In fact one of the kids has cut Gold Line springs (stupid, yes) but they still give a nice ride and perform great smile.gif If it is a hard ride issue coilovers r not the best solution on bumpy roads.
Clipsetuner
pure comfort, AIR RIDE.

DTE
95CelicaST
air ride isnt really efficent at doing any handling. I would not want to take a turn to quickly with air ride because it would be a lot bouncier than springs. Air ride is good for show and show only, and so you can raise your car for going down some crappy roads.

if you aren't looking to spend a bunch of money then I would say just go with TEIN S-techs, some GR-2's, and maybe afterwards some ST sway bars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.